Main Forum

Gilneas Aldenard W.I.P. (Critique and Suggestions Welcome!)

4 replies
Pogs:
+5

3xTTDv9.jpg

GILNEAS ALDENARD

Nickname: Gil
Alias: Frostblood, Aldenard’s Bastard
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Ascalonian/Krytan
Birthday: 15th Day of the Scion
Profession: Necromancer

• Former- Noble
• Present- Wanderer, Undertaker, Alchemist

Alighnment: Chaotic Good

Appearance:

Gilneas is a young man of tall stature with dark blonde hair that’s combed back and a well-kept goatee. His physique is slightly above average, with muscle to show that he keeps himself in well enough shape. His eyes are a shade of topaz with one marked by a displeasing scar. Gilneas is mostly seen in dark brown robes or clothing with traces of black upon them. In major settlements and large cities however, he always keeps his face hidden with a heavy weathered cloak. His staff always rests upon his back with pieces of tattered cloth attached to it, and on his hips rest a dagger sheathed on the left and an axe hanging from his belt on the right.
Spoiler: Face ClaimShow
Personality:

Being a difficult man to read from far-off, Gilneas keeps mostly to himself, traveling alone and shying away from much conversation or banter; this is very evident in groups, as he is always the one in the back of some inn or tavern drinking, eating, or reading alone. This is a stark contrast to his upbringing, since most of nobility and politics involves banter and conversing. If he is forced into a discussion, he will answer in a polite manner but with short and simple sentences, trying to end the conversation as soon as it begins. It’s said that he even gives off a disconcerting aura, dissuading most from approaching him. Due to spending much of his life on the run, he's very cautious and paranoid, viewing most people with skepticism and doubt. This is extremely apparent in major cities, as he is always looking over his shoulder and in a hurry to get what he needs and leave as quick as he entered. However, despite his awkward and seemingly unapproachable nature, to those that are able to see past these initial traits, Gilneas is a kind-hearted individual who is well-spoken and thoughtful. To those who know him as a friend, he is extremely loyal and persevering, willing to help others in danger and offer whatever console and advice he can give. While he does keep to himself, he is not one to stand by if someone is in peril, however he will usually assists from the shadows, making a swift and unnoticeable exit from the scene . The most notable trait about Gilneas is his attentiveness, particularly into his research and study of magic. However, what lies beneath a dutiful mind rests an explorative and unbound spirit, spending most of his time traveling the land to see what Tyria has to offer. This helps him better understand the conflicts that the land faces and further his craft in necromancy.

Background:

Gilneas Aldenard was born in Divinity’s Reach on the 15th day of the Scion in the year 1309 a.e. He was brought into the world by his father Cenred Aldenard and his mother Irene Aldenard-Conners. Gilneas is the third and youngest child of the Aldenards, the second oldest being his brother Edric Aldenard and the eldest being his sister Siridonia Aldenard (Siri for short). His mother unfortunately passed away while giving birth to him, which caused his father to hate him. While Cenred did consider killing the child, he decided against it and spared him for the sake of the Aldenard family name; however, he would never forget what Gilneas inadvertently did, and neither would his brother Edric. This event served as the first pavement for a road of neglect and hatred from his family.

History:

Spoiler: ChildhoodShow

Spoiler: AdolescenceShow

Spoiler: Teenage YearsShow

Spoiler: AdulthoodShow

Spoiler: Recent HistoryShow

Spoiler: ReligionShow

Spoiler: PhilosophyShow

Strengths
• Necromancy
• Alchemy
• Knowledgeable
• Attentive

Hindrances
• Self-loathing
• Cynicism
• Isolation
• Detachment

RP Limits:
I’m usually open to any forms of RP if it is explained and ran by me first. The only exceptions to this is character death and erotic. Group RP is welcome as well, though be warned my character isn’t much of a conversationalist.
Posted Wed at 04:28 pm · OP · Last edited 12 hours ago
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+5
Hi all this is my first character sheet for my main. Let me know what you guys think!

Ps: Still a work in progress and will add more pictures, change font and layout, etc.
Posted Wed at 04:30 pm · OP
Pogs:
+159
It's definitely an excellent work for a first character sheet. It is evident you've put a lot of thought into establishing Gilneas' personality and history, and that you've spent a good amount of time fleshing out every detail you intended to touch upon. The biography is also neatly organized, and my only suggestion is to divide the larget chunks of texts into smaller paragraphs for better readability. :)

Edit: I rarely see people roleplay undertakers, so props for that too.
*entitlement intensifies*
backbone.jpg
Posted Sat at 04:00 pm · Last edited Sat at 16:01
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+5
Edit: Voice and face claim are now posted along with a change of font, color, and organization. More pictures are on the way along with relationships if anyone wishes to RP with my guy :p. As always, any critique or suggestions are welcome.
Posted 13 hours ago · OP
Pogs:
+5
Thanks! Appreciate it :d and thanks also for the suggestions.
Posted 13 hours ago · OP
NoticeNotices