Alias: Frostblood, Aldenard’s Bastard
Birthday: 15th Day of the Scion
• Former- Noble
• Present- Wanderer, Alchemist, Scholar
Alighnment: Chaotic Good
Gilneas is a young man of tall stature with dark blonde hair that’s combed back and a well-kept goatee. His physique is slightly above average, with muscle to show that he keeps himself in well enough shape. His eyes are a shade of topaz with one marked by a displeasing scar. Gilneas is mostly seen in dark brown robes or clothing with traces of black upon them. In major settlements and large cities however, he always keeps his face hidden with a heavy weathered cloak. His staff always rests upon his back with pieces of tattered cloth attached to it, and on his hips rest a dagger sheathed on the left and an axe hanging from his belt on the right.
Spoiler: Face ClaimShow
Spoiler: Voice ClaimShow
Being a difficult man to read from far-off, Gilneas keeps mostly to himself, traveling alone and shying away from much conversation or banter; this is very evident in groups, as he is always the one in the back of some inn or tavern drinking, eating, or reading alone. This is a stark contrast to his upbringing, since most of nobility and politics involves banter and conversing. If he is forced into a discussion, he will answer in a polite manner but with short and simple sentences, trying to end the conversation as soon as it begins. It’s said that he even gives off a disconcerting aura, dissuading most from approaching him. Due to spending much of his life on the run, he's very cautious and paranoid, viewing most people with skepticism and doubt. This is extremely apparent in major cities, as he is always looking over his shoulder and in a hurry to get what he needs and leave as quick as he entered. However, despite his awkward and seemingly unapproachable nature, to those that are able to see past these initial traits, Gilneas is a kind-hearted individual who is well-spoken and thoughtful. To those who know him as a friend, he is extremely loyal and persevering, willing to help others in danger and offer whatever console and advice he can give. While he does keep to himself, he is not one to stand by if someone is in peril, however he will usually assists from the shadows, making a swift and unnoticeable exit from the scene . The most notable trait about Gilneas is his attentiveness, particularly into his research and study of magic. However, what lies beneath a dutiful mind rests an explorative and unbound spirit, spending most of his time traveling the land to see what Tyria has to offer. This helps him better understand the conflicts that the land faces and further his craft in necromancy.
Gilneas Aldenard was born in Divinity’s Reach on the 15th day of the Scion in the year 1309 a.e. He was brought into the world by his father Cenred Aldenard and his mother Irene Aldenard-Conners. Gilneas is the third and youngest child of the Aldenards, the second oldest being his brother Edric Aldenard and the eldest being his sister Siridonia Aldenard (Siri for short). His mother unfortunately passed away while giving birth to him, which caused his father to hate him. While Cenred did consider killing the child, he decided against it and spared him for the sake of the Aldenard family name; however, he would never forget what Gilneas inadvertently did, and neither would his brother Edric. This event served as the first pavement for a road of neglect and hatred from his family.
Spoiler: Teenage YearsShow
Spoiler: Recent HistoryShow
• Necromancy- because of his studies in magic and his apprenticeship by the Charr necromancer Luciana Risenshadow, Gilneas is well-versed in the craft of necromancy; from summoning minions to wielding blood and death magic.
• Alchemy- from study and research, Gilneas has developed a keen study in alchemy during his travels across Tyria. From the simplest potion to the potent toxin, he has a more than decent amount of understanding when it comes to brewing carious concoctions.
• Knowledgeable- Gilneas's studies and research have made him into an insightful individual, especially when it comes to magic. However, like all inquisitive mortals, he seeks to learn even more than what he already knows. When it comes to the concept of knowledge itself, Gilneas is as a horse drawn to water
• Attentive- Gilneas has been described by others to be "an unexceptional noble, but a dedicated scholar". Whether it's his own research or learning new things, the young man is very diligent when focused; indeed, it's almost impossible to tear him away from his studying.
• Self-loathing- Due to his harsh and neglectful upbringing, and the events that led to his mother and sister's death, Gilneas is not particularly fond of himself. When a situation doesn't turn out how he expects, he's quick to blame himself. Throughout his entire life, he's viewed himself as incompetent and useless because of his failure to protect those dear to him.
• Cynicism- Gilneas is a born cynic. While he does believe in goodness and doing right by others, he is well-aware that the rest of the world isn't like that; for every person with a good and noble heart, there are three more with only evil-seeded intentions. Others may see black and white, but to Gilneas, the whole world may as well be painted a deep shade of gray.
• Isolation- Due to blaming himself for the misfortune of others involved with him, Gilneas makes it a stern habit to travel by himself. After the death of his sister, and his past reliance on others which lead to their undoing, he feels it best to keep to himself most of the time, if not at all times; going so far as to part ways with his mentor out of fear that his skeletons will come for her as well. While it is out of a simple want to be alone, Gilneas most of all wishes to keep others safe from his troubles.
Spoiler: Music ReferenceShow
Spoiler: IG PicturesShow
I’m usually open to any forms of RP if it is explained and ran by me first. The only exceptions to this is character death and erotic. Group RP is welcome as well, though be warned my character isn’t much of a conversationalist.