Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 11

Your ideas/hopes for future elite specializations

104 replies
Pogs:
+317
Jokes probably been made a dozen times but...

GW2_CommandoWallpaper01-1600x1200.jpg
Posted Oct 12, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+123
wrote:
wrote:
My Christmas list:

1. A battleaxe. Big honkin' two-handed thing. I don't care what class gets to use it, I want one.

The fact that one of the Warrior specializations has a two-handed axe in the art but we can't have those weapons infuriates me to no end. Personally, I think it should have been given to Berserkers, but I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED for it in the future.

Beastslayer hammer is basically a greataxe.

Anybody remember the mordrem skin for hammer that got leaked out that was literally a massive axe?

Yeah, but I'd much rather see an entirely new weapon with matching skills and CULTURAL NORN GREATAXE!

Posted Oct 12, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,612
wrote:
wrote:
My Christmas list:

1. A battleaxe. Big honkin' two-handed thing. I don't care what class gets to use it, I want one.

The fact that one of the Warrior specializations has a two-handed axe in the art but we can't have those weapons infuriates me to no end. Personally, I think it should have been given to Berserkers, but I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED for it in the future.

Beastslayer hammer is basically a greataxe.

Anybody remember the mordrem skin for hammer that got leaked out that was literally a massive axe?

Yeah, but I'd much rather see an entirely new weapon with matching skills and CULTURAL NORN GREATAXE!

If there was a greataxe, my norn warrior would ditch the dual axes and swap to that in a heartbeat!
Posted Oct 12, 17
Pogs:
+2,612
wrote:
Jokes probably been made a dozen times but...

GW2_CommandoWallpaper01-1600x1200.jpg

To be honest, there's charr 'copters in game, so why the hell not have a combat medic class based on actual combat medics. A guardian/combat medic would be an awesome addition that could reflect the Pact forces. Hell, more elite specs around the Pact would be great. An engineer that focuses on building bunkers and has temporary minions come in to build trenches that feature pact forces would be interesting. The Deadeye elite spec already has the feel of a sniper, a warrior elite spec that focuses on pure tanking ability surrounded by intimidating and forcing the enemy to turn to them would be great (that could be a greataxe spec). The way the elite specs are going, you're looking at getting each weapon in the game into the hands of each profession. Mesmers with dual pistols, elementalists with shields, necromancers with swords, thieves with a longbow, rangers with rifles, guardians with an off-hand pistol. Eventually some interesting specs are gonna come out of each expansion. Some will be great (like how the daredevil was in HoT and the feeling I get with Firebrand in PoF or the response many have had when they play a scourge) while others are gonna be total duds (like what I felt about the beserker in HoT or the Deadeye in PoF, or like the response many have had playing against a scourge).
Posted Oct 12, 17
Pogs:
+1,858
Anyone ordered more?

Maybe it's just me (Although probably not) that wants to see a viable Raid Tank role for the Guardian. It's like what the profession was designed for! Yet, it hasn't happened yet, so I decided to take a crack at designing one such Espec for it. Lemme tell ya, it wasn't as easy as one would imagine.

Guardian - Avenger
Weapon: Off-hand Sword
Utility Skills: Stances
Mechanic: Dodge is replaced with a channeled Parry, and they gain access to powerful counter-attacks with Reprisal Skills.

Theme and Role
The Avenger is a Guardian who burns with a fervent, unending vigil and fury. They are tireless protectors of the weak, and will visit nothing short of absolute, brutal and swift justice on those who seek to do their allies harm. They are no patient hunters like the Dragonhunters, nor do they focus on Supporting allies with Boons like the Firebrand does. No, The Avenger does as their name suggests and protects their allies by laying waste to enemies.

The Avenger is a Damage Tank archetype, but not in the sense of a Bruiser. While they definitely have Bruiser-esque inspirations, their real strength lies in the devastating amount of Damage they can dish out as long as they're the target of enemy attacks. Their new Parry mechanic lets them stand their ground and defend in intervalls rather than bursts, and through interactions between Parry, stances and traits they can Protect allies from any harm that might come their way, completely negating incoming damage in short bursts. As they're continuously attacked, the Avenger grows even more determined, and their courageous valor empowers both themselves and nearby allies.

Mechanic: Parry and Reprisal
Avengers do not cower in the face of any adversary. Their steadfast legs will remain firmly planted on the ground, their back never touching it, so they don't Dodge attacks. They Parry them, turning the enemy's strength back on them.

Avengers replace their Dodge ability with a Channeled Parry ability. Initiating a Dodge will no longer cost an instant 50 Endurance nor Move the Avenger. Instead, initiating a Dodge causes them to channel a Parry, costing them 15 (25 in PvP) Endurance initially, followed by 50 Endurance per second while channeling (meaning they can Parry for a max of ~1.5s without canceling). Parry works as an Invulnerable effect, avoiding all incoming Damage and Attacks. However, attacks against a Parrying player are considered to be Blocked (even Unblockable attacks), triggering Traits, sigils and runes coming into effect when attacks are Blocked. Parry can be canceled by initiating a Dodge again, or by Activating any skill. Parry can still be used to Cancel any skill channel, same as Dodging. Parry carries an internal cooldown of 1/2s in between canceling and reactivating it, so there is a window of vulnerability if timed wrong.

Additionally, If the Avenger is attacked while Parrying, the Avenger gains access to Reprisal Skills, which flips over their first Weapon Skill after they Parry an incoming Attack. Reprisal Skills are punishing counter-attacks that strike incredibly fast, catching careless enemies off-guard. Reprisal Skills are also made accessible from normal Blocks (Such as through Weapon Skills or Aegis).

Spoiler: Reprisal SkillsShow

Weapon: Off-hand Sword
The Off-hand Sword is a No-nonsense weapon focused around Counter-attacking and CC. It grants the Avenger a high Retaliation uptime, an AoE pull for gathering mobs and a channeled Block that protects nearby allies. It signifies the Avenger's greater focus on retribution and counter-attacks, matching great with the Main-hand sword and as an alternate off-hand alongside Sword/Shield or Mace/Shield.

• Grand Rapture - Spin around, striking outwards with both weapons to Pull enemies towards yourself and Cripple them, while granting Might and Retaliation to nearby Allies. Acts as a Whirl Finisher.
  • Flourish of Light - Channeled Skill. Whirl both weapons around yourself, Blocking nearby attacks while continuously Damaging enemies in an expanding area. This ability will Block attacks against allies within the area as well. Gain Vigor while channeling.

Utility Skills: Stances
Avenger Stances are much shorter in duration when compared to Warrior stances or even Soulbeast stances, however in return for the short durations they have a stronger immediate impact and shorter cooldowns, while also oftentimes affecting allies as well as the Avenger themselves. There is no more obvious way to tell your enemy that they'll have to go through the Avenger if they're shooting for his allies than with these Stances.

• Beacon of Hope - Healing Skill. Heal yourself and regain all Endurance. For 3s, you will Heal yourself while channeling Parry, gaining Bursts of Healing when attacked.
  • Zealot’s Decree - Breaks Stun. For 3s, your 1st Weapon Skill permanently flips over to its Reprisal Skill. You gain Retaliation (3s) and Stability (2 stacks, 3s) when struck while this Stance is active. ICD on Boon gain: 1s.
  • Aura of Leadership - For 3s, all your Attacks grants Might (2 stacks, 6s) to Allies around your target. When this Stance ends, you copy 1 Instance of all Boons on yourself to nearby Allies. Radius: 300.
  • Protector’s Stance - For 3s, Allies behind or next to you become Invulnerable while you Channel Parry. Radius: 480 (Half circle behind yourself).
  • Brave Distraction - Strike and Taunt (1 1/2s) nearby enemies. For 3s, enemies gain a Debuff when attacking you causing them to take 10% more Damage and Condition Damage from all sources. Debuff duration: 6s. ICD on Debuff gain per target: 1s.
  • Benediction - Elite Skill. For 3s, you Convert Conditions into Boons on yourself with each pulse. Incoming Condition Duration is massively reduced while this Stance is active. Boons converted per second: 2. Incoming Condition Duration Reduction: 100%.

Specialization Line
The Avenger's Specialization line is themed after the three Virtues of a Guardian and the "flavor" of righteoussness they possess. The upper line is themed after Virtue of Justice and focuses heavily on punishing counter-offense, the middle line is themed after Virtue of Resolve and focuses heavily on team Support through Buffs or sustain through Healing and the last line is themed after Virtue of Courage, focusing heavily on Damage mitigation and sustain.

Minor Adept: Avenger’s Promise - Your Dodge ability is replaced with a Channelled Parry and you gain access to Reprisal Skills.
  • Judge’s Challenge - Virtue of Justice’s active ability now Taunts (1s) nearby enemies. Radius: 240. Number of Targets: 5.
  • Vigorous Resolve - Virtue of Resolve’s active ability now grants Vigor (5s) to all affected Allies.
  • Beacon of Courage - Virtue of Courage’s active ability casts Lesser Protector’s Stance on yourself for 3s. Stance Skills grants you Protection (2s) on Activation.

Minor Master: Defensive Champion - Regain Endurance at the end of Parry if you’re attacked at least once while channeling. Endurance recovered: 15.
  • Absolute Justice - Reprisal Skills deal 15% more Damage and become Unblockable.
  • Vengeful Rejuvenation - Regenerate Health while you have Retaliation or Vigor.
  • Unyielding Vengeance - Your movement speed is increased by 33% while channeling Parry. Remove Movement-Impairing Conditions when attacked while parrying. ICD: 10s.

Minor Grandmaster: Face to Face - You deal 10% more Damage and receive 10% less Damage when in Front of your target.
  • Steel and Fire - Damage surrounding enemies while you channel Parry. Fire Burning Projectiles at enemies that Attack you while you Parry. Radius: 180.
  • Opened Opportunity - When you Parry or Block an Attack, nearby Allies gain a stacking 5% Damage and Critical Chance buff. Number of stacks: 3. Duration: 5s. Radius: 600. ICD on Buff gain: 1s.
  • Coward’s Folly - You cannot be Critically struck from the side or Behind while above the Health Threshold. Threshold: 75%.
I have too many characters...
Posted Nov 12, 17
Page
of 11
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices