Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 185

What Are Your Pet Peeves In RP?

1844 replies
Pogs:
+50
Admittedly I've not read the entire thread fully so I hope not to repeat what's been said a dozen times already.

What irks me perhaps is prejudice. I won't claim to be entirely free of it myself, but this also is a fact that irks me so I think it is fair enough. There's always room for growth.

People who have encountered one character of a player remember the account name and proceed to refuse to play with any of their other characters if the first experience has been bad. I'm not even touching rp habits in this, but purely the persona of a character judging by what they were doing or saying at the time.

It also works the other way around. If one character of a player has been nice to someone, it doesn't mean all their other characters will be that someone's best friends. Then there's ooc tears or rage when things didn't go their way this time.

"That's that tavern rper's alt, booooooooring."
"That guy played a VILLAIN once, I'm outta here."
"Oooh that's that nice character's player, I'm going to glue myself to their EVERY character!! <3<3"

It is a very human thing to do and extremely difficult to entirely stay clear of. Still, a thing to consider perhaps and certainly one shouldn't take it personally if the encounter is entirely different from character to another.
JaraNiri_zpsf22cjnmn.jpg
Posted Jan 26, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+34
Jarathra/Niria wrote:
Admittedly I've not read the entire thread fully so I hope not to repeat what's been said a dozen times already.

What irks me perhaps is prejudice. I won't claim to be entirely free of it myself, but this also is a fact that irks me so I think it is fair enough. There's always room for growth.

People who have encountered one character of a player remember the account name and proceed to refuse to play with any of their other characters if the first experience has been bad. I'm not even touching rp habits in this, but purely the persona of a character judging by what they were doing or saying at the time.

It also works the other way around. If one character of a player has been nice to someone, it doesn't mean all their other characters will be that someone's best friends. Then there's ooc tears or rage when things didn't go their way this time.

"Oooh that's that nice character's player, I'm going to glue myself to their EVERY character!! <3<3"

It is a very human thing to do and extremely difficult to entirely stay clear of. Still, a thing to consider perhaps and certainly one shouldn't take it personally if the encounter is entirely different from character to another.

I at least try to get two or three characters in before making judgements about someone. But the fact of the matter is that there are some people who, OOC, I just don’t want to have anything to do with. For instance, the guy who dumped my Sylvari because he realized that his character was cheating and then followed her around on different characters trying to get back with her until I ultimately blocked them.

In addition, people who like to edgyfuck around with the Seraph is a new pet peeve of mine, I have no patience for them. You wouldn’t do that to a real police officer, so why the fuck do you have to come into GWRP and act like that’s a generally wise or okay thing to do?
Posted Jan 26, 18
Pogs:
+30
wrote:
Jarathra/Niria wrote:

I at least try to get two or three characters in before making judgements about someone. But the fact of the matter is that there are some people who, OOC, I just don’t want to have anything to do with. For instance, the guy who dumped my Sylvari because he realized that his character was cheating and then followed her around on different characters trying to get back with her until I ultimately blocked them.

In addition, people who like to edgyfuck around with the Seraph is a new pet peeve of mine, I have no patience for them. You wouldn’t do that to a real police officer, so why the fuck do you have to come into GWRP and act like that’s a generally wise or okay thing to do?

Re: Prejudice

I have to agree there. Could also go into refusing to play with a specific race because of OOC reasons. Some people may only play one race (or they may be on a free account and have an RP character of that race and a non-RP character for other things, and not be able to afford character slots/expansions), and you're essentially leaving them out for a bullshit reason.

Re: Edgelords

Oh, THIS SO HARD. The Edgelords is the second reason why I am 200000% done with most DR RP. I was raised to respect the men in blue IRL, so any character I create, unless something in their backstory happened, will respect the Seraph and any other in-game law enforcement (Kazukoh here is..an odd case. If she's in a vulnerable position, she'll have a bit of nerves around Peacemakers due to an incident during a previous arc in a guild, but other than that, respect respect respect and maybe a little Asuran snark.).
424f014791e951dd.png

Her journal is behind-I'm sorry.
Posted Jan 26, 18
Pogs:
+39
RP in general TBF. Certain folks in the community killed my spirit for RP bloody months ago.
75e9a3cccbc443e0.png
Posted Jan 29, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,464
People and plots who do things without thinking about the reasonable results this things would have. Also ties into "Never facing consequences" and "Because no Seraph(or insert faction name here) players are around, that means no seraph period are there!"

What happened to two gangs in DR when they started getting big and targeting larger things in PS? They got wiped out.

Also groups that make the plots alway grow larger and larger, going large scale instead of more personal. (Kinda like the PS. started off about the PC, then became about the world instead). This is partly why I don't always believe it when I see guilds talk about "everybody's character will be involved and get to affect things"
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Feb 2, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 185
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices