Quests of Tyria - This Thursday!

32 replies
Pogs:
+36
This weeks quest is...
Tears of Stone

Tears_of_Itlaocol.jpg

Plot:
The Itlaocol Hylek tribe has been recklessly attacking the Warden and any other soldiers they come across throughout Caledon Forest! A group of adventurers, and possibly Warden, is drawn in to investigate the cause of the tribe's recent behavior. Solving this problem will require skillful warriors, potent antidotes, trekking through the jungle, and the help of someone who may know more about the Tears of Itlaocol...

Roles:

Note: the adventurers may instead be Warden for this quest!
Adventurer 1: Open!
Adventurer 2: Open!

A Barkeep (someone who will "start the quest" for the adventurers by informing them of what's going on): Open! (optional)

A warrior who will join in as a bodyguard: Feataler

Potion master: Cynthia Nyarai-Forrath

Someone well acquainted with Caledon forest and the location of Tears of Itlaocol: Open!

Quest contents in detail:
• A riddle to solve, that unlocks the treasure.
• A run of the Tears of Itlaocol minidungeon.
• Possible fights, or persuasion checks, throughout the quest.

Possible Reward:
A potent poison capable of frenzying others.

Introduction to Quests of Tyria

Tired of tavern RP, but don't necessarily want to RP in a guild with strict rules and hierarchies? Would you like to try real quests with true puzzles, investigations, treasure hunts and some combat? Then you have come to the right place!

What is it about?

Every week I'll be organising short quests with lighthearted themes that most characters can participate in. If you've been dying to develop your character as an adventurer, trader, villain, priest, or anything else, be sure to check out what the weekly quest is and see if you could fit in!

I will be participating in each quest as Iona Sunfire, acting as both an adventurer and a GM, giving hints if players get completely stuck. Each quest will be announced here in this main post. To join, simply leave a comment or contact me in game.

Who can participate?

Check the roles list for the weekly quest, and see if there's any that could fit your character!

What do you have to do?

Once you're signed in for a role, contact me and I'll let you know the guidelines you have to follow. Everything else is up to you, feel free to improvise and use your own character's backstory!

The Reward system

After each quest, the participats will be rewarded items or spells. These can be added to your character's bio, but are often one time use spells. These items may be useful in future quests.

Rules
• No killing other player's characters unless agreed upon. Your character will not ever die, unless you specifically ask to have your character killed for whatever reason.
• Joining our room in https://rolz.org is mandatory for fights, persuasion attempts, and others!
• Respect the power scaling! If your character is overpowered, but you still want him to participate, tone it down so he's not just tunneling all the way to the treasure or killing the invulnerable boss in one shot, or punching the planet out of orbit during fights.
Posted Feb 24, 17 · OP · Last edited Apr 16, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+16
Good day! I am Mizkk and I will be getting rid of you pests! Don't like it? Come and get me.
Need to find me in-game? MiskoV.3856
Miskov "Matchstick" Gearbreaker - Happy-go-lucky pyromaniac scrapper.
Jericho Aftershock - Ex-Inquest unliving elementalist in hiding.
Posted Feb 24, 17
Pogs:
+36
Still looking for a priest and a ghost!

The ghost will be made using a potion of ascalonian mages, so any character can RP it really!
Posted Feb 25, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+36
Here are the screenshots for the Restless Ghost quest! We helped put a ghost to rest by retrieving his lost skull from an evil necromancer.

gw939.jpg
gw940.jpg
gw945.jpg
gw949.jpg
gw950.jpg

Thanks everyone who joined! I will soon update the thread with the next quest.
Posted Feb 25, 17 · OP · Last edited Feb 25, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+124
was good fun ^^

Not for everyone, just for anyone

Posted 7 minutes from now.
Posted Feb 25, 17
Pogs:
+27
Hey, it was fun! :) It's unfortunate that I had to leave a little early. Hope the ghost got some peace though!
Posted Feb 25, 17 · Last edited Feb 25, 17
Xer
Pogs:
+33
Lovely event, had a great evening and would love to join for more!
Posted Feb 26, 17
Pogs:
+36
I've updated the thread for this Saturday's next quest!
Posted Feb 26, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+1,027
Sounds like a great initiative! This quest's reward has no interest for any of my characters, but I will keep an eye on the upcoming ones if you'll have me. ^^
764fd7b807fd09b9cfde474981791ac3.png
Posted Feb 26, 17
Pogs:
+190
Ive been looking for a way to work myself back into RP after years off. This may be just the thing. Ill keep an eye out.
Posted Feb 27, 17
Page
of 4
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices