Around the time of HoT and the droughtTM this event stopped.
I was wondering, though it was good, it also had some flaws. (expressed by myself- as a host and participant and others) ~one of the most obvious is that, smaller, non adventuerious guilds would often feel either out of place or not attend due to it not fitting their own style.
As such while I would like to revive it, it wouldn't quite be the same as it was.
Thus my proposal is two fold:
A Reworked meeting of minds, That occurs every Two/three months,
A gathering of service/small scaled guilds to promote their services. Set on a different date and timescale then the meeting of minds.
The point of this thread isn't just to gauze interest, But see if-
A: They'd be wanted before committing to it.
B: Allow people to provide feedback and their input on- if it is wanted. Hoe to make it fair and open, without becoming a clusterfuck of emotes.
Now, As with every project, there's pros and cons to it, Which I will list here, others may add onto in their own posts too.
Pros:+ Guilds that want to, can gather and interact with guilds they may not have had a chance too otherwise in a setting where it makes sense!
+ The increased time between meetings means that There is more time between them to actually rp-out the conclusions at the end of meetings
+ Both adventurous and non adventitious guilds get equal lime-light without feeling out of place or out of their depth. Which maintains realism.
+ For the MoM, The three month cadence means that there will be at least one point of discussion. (The Living world of course.)
Cons:- Not every Guild will get along or want to get along.
- It will require allot of organisation and work to pull off
- The Smaller-scope meeting needs both a name and date
- Requires a willing group or individual lot of hosts who can keep up with the crawl.
- Can take allot of time due to different typing speeds and other factors
- Needs a balance between allowing freedom and rules to keep it form devolving into a shouting match that leaves many turned off
- Criminals guilds may find it awkward or impossible to attend due to their nature?
So would people be interested in this? If so. What would you suggest in order to make the running of both go smoothly, both for those taking part and hosting?
If Not, Why and is there anything that could "rescue it" for you?