Recent Threads
Main Forum

Help the Seraph

7 replies
Pogs:
+8
Exactly as the subject says, don't be that criminal that RPer that OOCly refuses every single time the Seraph RPers OOCly ask permission to arrest (because literally everyone knows that they have to ask.) just because you want to be "badass and uncatchable". It's no wonder so many people ICly think the Seraph are useless if everyone wants to be that murderer or thief. I haven't seen it happen often anymore because, frankly I've barely seen any damn Seraph in general, possibly due to this exact reason.

So please, if you're gonna be a criminal, at least be realistic. Everyone gets caught, no matter how much a guy can prep, there's a chance they'll get caught. Roll on it or something instead y'know? S'frustrating dealing with people who look like they're godmoding just because others need OOC permission for things and someone refuses to ask/refuses to give permission for said thing.
Posted Feb 8, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+30
Not a Seraph RPer, but I second this-especially the rolling part! Adds a bit of thrill to it, I think.
424f014791e951dd.png

Her journal is behind-I'm sorry.
Posted Feb 8, 18
Liv
Pogs:
+198
As frustrating as it is to have people /dodge away from problems, it really helps you weed out the bad RPers.

Those who don't accept IC consequences for IC actions are not people you want to RP with anyway. There is also the other side of the coin that no one wants to RP with people who try to force their character to do things.

Over all, I think a lot of the good villain guilds will work in conjunction with the Seraph guilds to create a sort of back-and-forth.

If you're having issues with people /dodging Seraph, maybe sit down and reach out to one of the villain guilds to try to organize a co-op.

Just a friendly suggestion!
DcEneyP.jpg
Posted Feb 8, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+8
I'm not even a Seraph lol I just get tired of watching people ICly (and sometimes OOCly) shittalk the Seraph guild when they're not able to really do anything.

Also, how to spot a bad villain guild?
If you know the Cartwrights, just do the opposite of what they did.
Posted Feb 8, 18 · OP
Liv
Pogs:
+198
wrote:
I'm not even a Seraph lol I just get tired of watching people ICly (and sometimes OOCly) shittalk the Seraph guild when they're not able to really do anything.

Also, how to spot a bad villain guild?
If you know the Cartwrights, just do the opposite of what they did.

Oh, I don't think there's any reason to speak poorly of anyone specifically. Just try to avoid the people you don't like and move on! Keeping a list of people just encourages negativity- and negativity takes a lot of energy that could be more productively used towards creating stories or solutions!

Either way, the point still stands- you know exactly who you don't want to be around, people who don't acknowledge IC consequences. Just avoid 'em and move on!

Hope that helps!
DcEneyP.jpg
Posted Feb 8, 18
Pogs:
+244
wrote:
Everyone gets caught, no matter how much a guy can prep, there's a chance they'll get caught. Roll on it or something instead y'know?

We didn't necessarily roll to capture back in the day but there were a lot of fights where we did roll the combat. While we did have a few incidents where the end result was predetermined (you know, for investigative reasons) most of the time if we came out on top they did go to jail.
Zyron of Krios - 80 sylvari thief
Kassandra of Dale - 80 human warrior
Coffeeman.7356
Posted Feb 9, 18
Pogs:
+227
There's also some legitimate reason that the Seraph guilds can be shit talked. For instance, in the past, a Seraph Commander was arrested because they were actually an asura with a necklace.

Another Seraph Commander (Or the same one?) was arrested for turning criminals into children and forcing them to wear bracelets that gave them the desire to cuddle her and call her mom.

Yet another Seraph Commander lit fire to the orphanage to stop a gas from leaking out. (It was later revealed that this action "saved Salma district" but the Commander is still exiled.)

However, as a Seraph RPer, I've had the greater majority of people auto-escape. Being a Seraph RPer is much more a service to the community than it is enjoyable, half the time. It's a lot of working with people OOC and it's a lot of doing paperwork OOC/IC to keep track so that everyone's seen to in timely manners that facilitate RP rather than kill it.

So if you're reading this thread and like "Pft, I'm still going to shit talk because screw the authority", do it accurate reasons. I love a good bit of "screw the police" IC, but not if it's calling them incompetent when you're the same person who says 'Yeah, sorry, I'm a god from another universe your bindings mean nothing to me.'

Edit: We need more Lieutenants to screw stuff up, Commanders get all the fun.
Posted Feb 9, 18 · Last edited Feb 9, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+244
There's also some legitimate reason that the Seraph guilds can be shit talked.

And as someone who's been at this for 3 years I can tell you how fucking draining it is. I know the reasons why people do it and it's infuriating. I stay off of here because there is so much piss and vinegar on this site and the mods enable that kind of behavior.

The point that the OP was making was that they want to make our job easier and making a public post about it because if we, the Seraph guilds, did that *we* would be perceived as the assholes.

@OP I do appreciate what you're trying to do; I don't think it'll help but one can be optimistic. I do like the idea of bringing back rolls into things, would add a bit more fairness to the whole law and order RP.
Zyron of Krios - 80 sylvari thief
Kassandra of Dale - 80 human warrior
Coffeeman.7356
Posted Feb 9, 18
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices