Main Forum

Gilneas Aldenard W.I.P. (Critique and Suggestions Welcome!)

7 replies
Pogs:
+7
"Right and wrong, good and evil, it's all meaningless; mere terms for justifying one's actions towards others. The only constant that has persisted throughout time is power, and through power is the means to change the world around us for better or for worse" -Gilneas

GILNEAS ALDENARD

ltl6zjn.jpg
By Stillcrow

Nickname: Gil
Alias: Frostblood, Aldenard’s Bastard
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Ascalonian/Krytan
Birthday: 15th Day of the Scion
Profession: Necromancer

Former- Noble
Present- Wanderer, Alchemist, Scholar

Alighnment: Chaotic Good
Appearance:

Gilneas is a young man of tall stature with dark blonde hair that’s combed back and a well-kept goatee. His physique is slightly above average, with muscle to show that he keeps himself in well enough shape. His eyes are a shade of topaz with one marked by a displeasing scar. Gilneas is mostly seen in dark brown robes or clothing with traces of black upon them. In major settlements and large cities however, he always keeps his face hidden with a heavy weathered cloak. His staff always rests upon his back with pieces of tattered cloth attached to it, and on his hips rest a dagger sheathed on the left and an axe hanging from his belt on the right.

Spoiler: Face ClaimShow

Personality:

Being a difficult man to read from far-off, Gilneas keeps mostly to himself, traveling alone and shying away from much conversation or banter; this is very evident in groups, as he is always the one in the back of some inn or tavern drinking, eating, or reading alone. This is a stark contrast to his upbringing, since most of nobility and politics involves banter and conversing. If he is forced into a discussion, he will answer in a polite manner but with short and simple sentences, trying to end the conversation as soon as it begins. It’s said that he even gives off a disconcerting aura, dissuading most from approaching him. Due to spending much of his life on the run, he's very cautious and paranoid, viewing most people with skepticism and doubt. This is extremely apparent in major cities, as he is always looking over his shoulder and in a hurry to get what he needs and leave as quick as he entered. However, despite his awkward and seemingly unapproachable nature, to those that are able to see past these initial traits, Gilneas is a kind-hearted individual who is well-spoken and thoughtful. To those who know him as a friend, he is extremely loyal and persevering, willing to help others in danger and offer whatever console and advice he can give. While he does keep to himself, he is not one to stand by if someone is in peril, however he will usually assists from the shadows, making a swift and unnoticeable exit from the scene . The most notable trait about Gilneas is his attentiveness, particularly into his research and study of magic. However, what lies beneath a dutiful mind rests an explorative and unbound spirit, spending most of his time traveling the land to see what Tyria has to offer. This helps him better understand the conflicts that the land faces and further his craft in necromancy.

Background:

Gilneas Aldenard was born in Divinity’s Reach on the 15th day of the Scion in the year 1309 a.e. He was brought into the world by his father Cenred Aldenard and his mother Irene Aldenard-Conners. Gilneas is the third and youngest child of the Aldenards, the second oldest being his brother Edric Aldenard and the eldest being his sister Siridonia Aldenard (Siri for short). His mother unfortunately passed away while giving birth to him, which caused his father to hate him. While Cenred did consider killing the child, he decided against it and spared him for the sake of the Aldenard family name; however, he would never forget what Gilneas inadvertently did, and neither would his brother Edric. This event served as the first pavement for a road of neglect and hatred from his family.

History:

Spoiler: ChildhoodShow

Spoiler: AdolescenceShow

Spoiler: Teenage YearsShow

Spoiler: AdulthoodShow

Spoiler: Recent HistoryShow

Religion&Philosophy
Spoiler: ReligionShow

Spoiler: PhilosophyShow

Strengths

• Necromancy- because of his studies in magic and his apprenticeship by the Charr necromancer Luciana Risenshadow, Gilneas is well-versed in the craft of necromancy; from summoning minions to wielding blood and death magic.

• Alchemy- from study and research, Gilneas has developed a keen study in alchemy during his travels across Tyria. From the simplest potion to the potent toxin, he has a more than decent amount of understanding when it comes to brewing carious concoctions.

• Knowledgeable- Gilneas's studies and research have made him into an insightful individual, especially when it comes to magic. However, like all inquisitive mortals, he seeks to learn even more than what he already knows. When it comes to the concept of knowledge itself, Gilneas is as a horse drawn to water

• Attentive- Gilneas has been described by others to be "an unexceptional noble, but a dedicated scholar". Whether it's his own research or learning new things, the young man is very diligent when focused; indeed, it's almost impossible to tear him away from his studying.

Hindrances

Self-loathing- Due to his harsh and neglectful upbringing, and the events that led to his mother and sister's death, Gilneas is not particularly fond of himself. When a situation doesn't turn out how he expects, he's quick to blame himself. Throughout his entire life, he's viewed himself as incompetent and useless because of his failure to protect those dear to him.

Cynicism- Gilneas is a born cynic. While he does believe in goodness and doing right by others, he is well-aware that the rest of the world isn't like that; for every person with a good and noble heart, there are three more with only evil-seeded intentions. Others may see black and white, but to Gilneas, the whole world may as well be painted a deep shade of gray.

Isolation- Due to blaming himself for the misfortune of others involved with him, Gilneas makes it a stern habit to travel by himself. After the death of his sister, and his past reliance on others which lead to their undoing, he feels it best to keep to himself most of the time, if not at all times; going so far as to part ways with his mentor out of fear that his skeletons will come for her as well. While it is out of a simple want to be alone, Gilneas most of all wishes to keep others safe from his troubles.

Art&Music
Spoiler: Music ReferenceShow
Spoiler: ArtShow
Spoiler: IG PicturesShow

RP Limits&Hooks:

I’m usually open to any forms of RP if it is explained and ran by me first. The only exceptions to this is character death and erotic. Group RP is welcome as well, though be warned my character isn’t much of a conversationalist.
Spoiler: HooksShow
Posted Jan 10, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+7
Hi all this is my first character sheet for my main. Let me know what you guys think!

Ps: Still a work in progress and will add more pictures, change font and layout, etc.
Posted Jan 10, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+170
It's definitely an excellent work for a first character sheet. It is evident you've put a lot of thought into establishing Gilneas' personality and history, and that you've spent a good amount of time fleshing out every detail you intended to touch upon. The biography is also neatly organized, and my only suggestion is to divide the larget chunks of texts into smaller paragraphs for better readability. :)

Edit: I rarely see people roleplay undertakers, so props for that too.
*entitlement intensifies*
backbone.jpg
Posted Jan 13, 18 · Last edited Jan 13, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+7
Edit: Voice and face claim are now posted along with a change of font, color, and organization.
Posted Jan 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 16, 18
Pogs:
+7
Thanks! Appreciate it :d and thanks also for the suggestions.
Posted Jan 15, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+9
He looks fantastic! Clearly a lot of thought was put into him, and I like what I'm seeing so far. I tried not to delve too deeply into his history, as I'm curious to see how that might be revealed in RP, but he's already pretty fascinating. And pretty, lol. You've clearly put a lot of thought into him, mucho props!!

Also, I posted one for Sab, though I'll probably add more as it becomes relevant haha. Yours is fantastic, great work.
Posted Jan 19, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+351
I've roleplayed with Gilneas and both the player and the character are amazing! 10/10 from me!
47a3446c31d7af27.png
bb4679c58cd0d570.png
ca81720e69e8935e.png
e5eec9aa0946d3cf.png
fabb4e23ec9bdfcd.png
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/20134607-tcbg-beth-feywind-permawip-comments-welcome/post/132420751#post_132420751
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/30880464-tc-karigan-gyren
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/31135773-researcher-trixxi/page/1
Posted Jan 31, 18
Pogs:
+7
Changed organization and music reference. Also finally have a piece of art thanks to Stillcrow. Check out his work when you can, it's really awesome stuff!
Posted Feb 16, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices