Tuesday 24th July, 19:30 BST / 20:30 CEST.
Location TBD, probably Lion's Arch for ease of use.
- Status of the portal invasions in central Tyria.
- Threat of the Scarab Plague.
- The Commander's war in Kourna (treated as ongoing - PJ not yet dead).
- Ancillary items from attendants as needed.
Things I will not discuss:
- Waypoints. Simply because that causes disruption between attending guilds that acknowledge them, and those that don't.
- Palawa Joko being dead. There is a point to be argued, but I think the community is best served waiting to discuss PJ's death when the next release rolls around. No need to jump the gun here. This will also cause less disruption for attending guilds who want to treat the LS episode as ongoing, rather than de facto over.
I will, as previous, take on the role of Warmaster Eleonor Cleartide, a Pact representative, who will be both host and participant. She will be a mouthpiece to provide relevant information, answer questions, and moderate the overall discussion as needed. Each item will be opened with a statement going over the current "known" state of affairs as we know it per lore, after which an open forum will be held for attending representatives to discuss, ask questions, and debate.
If this very general overview is acceptable to the currently interested attendants, I can formalize it into its own thread, to make it easier to distinguish for other interested parties. Until then, this thread can keep functioning as a place for discussion and suggestions.
The Magpies will be there as previously stated. Will get a bit tricky because of some RL timing issues for me and Ingjald, but I think we'll manage, worst case scenario another representative from the guild will come.
We don't have any objections with the lore limitations, in fact we approve and welcome them. One thing we'd like to request, is a clarification that groups can come with more than a couple of people, but only those two people can speak for their faction/guild, limiting all other RP to non public channels to avoid cluttering chat.
I have no issue with attending groups as observers, provided they minimize their chatter. As far as I'm concerned, that entails near-total silence in say and emotes unless it is immediately relevant to the discussion.
Whatever they do on internal chat channels is up to them, of course, as I'm not the Thought Police (yet).