Main Forum

Cultural Event Interest Checks [TEN]

7 replies
Pogs:
+1,447
Hello! It's me, your community event planner. I was wanting to make sure to touch on the varying culture and races with my event planning and ensure everyone had something just for them. Already being planned is the following:

• Meatoberfest - September 22nd, a festival for Charr and meat lover.
  • The Great Hunt and Alemoot - November 11th - 17th

There is a Krytan event coming up hosted by the Ministry (appropriately) which covers Krytans and CIVIK does a pretty good job of covering Elonian festivals, and Luxelen is planning a Festival of Lights (Which covers Cantha) SO... Here are the ones missing, and potential ideas on how to honor these cultures (I am not 100% on all cultures, feel free to correct me and educate me on my mistakes):

Suggested Events:
  • Asura: An invention fair, similar to a science fair, in which booths are set up with wondering judges that go from one to another, get the description of the invention and judge. Event goers can sample the inventions as well and order one for themselves, or throw money at the inventor to get it made quicker. Consider it a market for kick starters where the best vendor gets a prize at the end.
  • Sylvari: I am stumped here, I need some seeds planted so I can grow some ideas.
Conceived Notions
Discord: Xehara#0457 ⚓ GW2: Xehara.8537
Posted May 17, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+59
I'd attend the ones listed for Charr and Norn, as wel as the ones for Asura! For Sylvari....hm....my thought was some sort of seminar on Ventari and his teachings? Wouldn't just intrigue Sylvari, but also some Revenants!

Edit: Soundless could also host some sort of meditation class?
Her journal is behind-I'm sorry.
Posted May 17, 18 · Last edited May 17, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Liv o
Pogs:
+462
For Asura event ideas- You may want to check with the Asura Network Discord server- they could probably give you a point in the right direction.

Personally, I think a fair that has an impartial panel of judges to award research grant money would be stellar- I'd throw prize money at that!

For Sylvari, I'll pass this thread along to WNDR and see if they don't want to collaborate on some level.

--

As far as the Moot and Meatober fest? I'm down. It's about time we had some Norn and Charr parties!
Duskfall Security Solutions
---
Olivia De Alvarre
Posted May 17, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+240
I'd be willing to talk about/help with a sylvari event. May need to ask some questions to help think.

Overall this sounds like a wonderful idea!
Posted May 17, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+172
Speaking 'semi officially' for the Asura RP Network (NERD) group, there have been multiple plans for a 'science symposium' brought up, and various things have been thrown about. It's on the table as it were, and while we were focusing on sorting out some more internal stuff as our third month of existence closes up we'd love to make something similar to a quarterly event of such.

Regarding some Sylvari event, I'd like to personally pipe up and say that the Cordial Calamities have always been a joy to attend and well structured, although based on Nightmare stuff as a focus. Not a suggestion or anything, just a note that one does exist and it is gud sauce.
HWpGpkc.png
Posted May 17, 18
Pogs:
+91
I'm all for these ideas, will be keeping an eye out! I don't see nearly enough Norn-centric events, with how much they love to party. <3
lewnatic.3279 (NA servers, Central Time)
Tumblr
Posted Jun 12, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+975
For Sylvari Dreamers: An old fashioned Arthurian tournament perhaps. I thought about doing that once but IRL got in the way.
tumblr_nla6btKxC01s7ia07o8_400.jpg
Salad Booty is the Best Booty|Pepperpatrol.2139|Tarnished Coast
Posted Jun 15, 18
Pogs:
+2,777
I actually would love to see a charr based event, but for charr who were raised in Kryta. I know there's a few who were, but I don't recall their names off hand. It'd be an interesting get together and possibly turn into an event to help give proof that humans and charr do and can work together.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Jun 15, 18
NoticeNotices