Main Forum

[NA][6/21] Summer Carnaval!

6 replies
Pogs:
+767
UZf31pS.jpg

June 21st - 5PM PST / 8PM EST - Lion's Arch

Inspired by various carnival celebrations around the world – most famously Rio de Janeiro, New Orleans, and Venice – we’ve decided to put one on for everyone’s favorite Tyrian port city. Like its real-world counterparts, the Summer Carnaval will take place in the middle of a dense city street. The aim is to capture the feel of a crowded urban environment on a holiday – a holiday in which all are encouraged to indulge in revelry and debauchery, regardless of their social standing.

Attendees are encouraged to stay within the fairly small designated area, as we’d like to emulate the feeling of an overpopulated old city.

XqC01bK.jpg

In addition to all of the drinking and mingling you’d expect from such a party, the Summer Carnaval will incorporate a unique tradition of its real-world counterpart: comparsas, or blocos, or in this conext, Carnaval crews.

Each crew will take a turn making a procession through the street, during which they’ll make as much of a spectacle as possible, with music, style, showmanship and antics. During these processions, the other attendees will be asked to keep to the perimeter of the designated area, allowing the crews to parade unimpeded through the triangular street.

Ahead of this event, you and your friends may sign up to participate in this sacred contest of indecency.
To register your Carnaval crew, you must meet the following requirements:

• At least three participants (but no more than eight)
  • A name for your crew
  • A coordinated theme for your costumes and performances (any theme – simple or elaborate – but the more provocative, the better)
  • A designated crew leader (for communicating with the hosts and recruiting additional participants)

If you’d like to join an already registered crew, simply ask the crew leader for permission – and with their permission, we’ll add you to the list.

To register your crew, contact me with a PM on Enjin, or on Discord: sketch#3439

Team NameTeam LeaderOther Team Members
TBDLuxelen LarkspurCoralie Minuit, Bennich Lyssis
Ghostly Heroes of TyriaOdelyn Versai

Special thanks to Raine for the graphics, Luxelen for real world inspiration/expertise, and Shiloh and Birbot for additional event planning assistance!
Posted Jun 1, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 20, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Liv
Pogs:
+340
What a fantastic fun idea! If you need donations or benefactors, please let me know!

PACT will always be happy to Provide <3
Duskfall Security Solutions
---
Olivia De Alvarre
Posted Jun 1, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+3,797
Sign me up! I've got two team members so far (Coralie Minuit and Bennich Lyssis). We dont' have a team name yet but working on that hahaha! We're still open for more team members!
LWRP4dB.jpg
Luxelen * Her Tumblr * The Rurikton Roses * Olivia's Refuge
Posted Jun 14, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+150
Me too! Our theme is Ghostly Heroes of Tyria. Odelyn Versai is the leader, I'll get you final team members in a bit :) Excited!!
Posted Jun 20, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Liv
Pogs:
+340
Super excited for tonight!
Duskfall Security Solutions
---
Olivia De Alvarre
Posted Jun 21, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+3,797
Boo, by the time I got net back and was able to get in game, it was over! (Seriously, Comcast, wtf, 8-hour long outage in most of San Francisco?!)

I heard it was a blast, glad you guys had fun! I'll have to post Lux's Elder Dragon costume SS somewhere since she didn't get to show it of.

Thanks for hosting the event, Teresa!
LWRP4dB.jpg
Luxelen * Her Tumblr * The Rurikton Roses * Olivia's Refuge
Posted Jun 21, 18
Pogs:
+2,770
I got really tired last night and had to log off for a nap. Turned out to be a full night's sleep, so I missed it!

>.> I blame my cat, she woke me up at 4 in the morning yesterday.
1513958877_flintlock.jpg
Posted Jun 22, 18
NoticeNotices