Main Forum

Looking for adventure - and friends!

7 replies
Pogs:
+27
So I figured i'd try my hand at one of these threads, whats the worst that can happen? I have recently returned to the game ( despite technically playing it on and off since the game launched ) and hoping to actually put down roots this time.. in the interest of that, i'm hoping to make some new friends to chat and RP and adventure with, it'd certainly go a long ways in making Tyria feel like home!

As far as RP goes what i'm looking for primarily are people who'd like to get out of the city and explore the wide world of Tyria, whether it be for grand plots or just casually traveling from one town to the next. Most of my guys tend to be good(ish) aligned so preferably i'd like allies to be good guys ( ish ) too, but i'd be perfectly willing to work stuff out with some baddies too so long as they don't (all the time) try murderize my dudes!

The characters I mostly want to play are my norn and charr, primarily my norn ranger Hundolfr. He's a hunter and an adventurer through and through and has been my main through this game since early access. He's been through a lot over the years and is miraculously still standing! He makes his coin selling meat and furs from his kills, even taking on mercenary work when traveling through Kryta or Ascalon. And while he fears the Dragons and their corruption, he often finds himself called to battle against their twisted minions, not wanting to see their taint spread through the land any further.

I also have Brynleifur, a somewhat younger norn revenant whom is more or less a blank slate as i'm still working out his details and goals in life, but so far Imagine he's more or less your typical norn whom enjoys drinking and testing himself in battle. As a budding Revenant, and after learning about the Mists from his shamanistic father, he has taken it upon himself to travel the world and learn about the legends of the heroes of old, no matter their race. If they had great - or terrible - impact on the world, he would learn what he can of them that he might ensure their stories live on for years to come.

Gangleri.. an elderly norn, a necromancer and shaman devoted to Raven. He is not an evil man, but he can be rather dark and morbid at times. He is less interested in the reanimation of the dead and more in reaching out to the Mists, guiding lost spirits home - and wielding blood magic to his benefit and his foes' bane. While not the oldest among the norn, he is well over the hill. Some say he may even be close to a century old - or older. For now at least, he works to maintain his strength and vigor as far as it will carry him, so that he may continue to bring the fight to the Sons of Svanir cultists across the Shiverpeaks. He prays that he'll yet see his kinsmen bring the fight to Jormag and return home to the Far Shiverpeaks in his lifetime.

Korthak could be considered your typical charr warrior. Fierce in battle, deadly with near any weapon and loyal to his Legion and Warband to a fault. Hailing from the Blood legion, he is almost always ready for a skirmish, often taking the lay of the land and noting strategic positions, defensible areas and even routes for tactical retreat if it came to that. Because of this he can often be seen as overly serious, cold and even aloof at times until he feels comfortable with the area or the people he is around. But once he does relax it is almost like he becomes another person, cheerful and joking, and he's even a damned good cook!

Razgar is a charr engineer of some experience, experienced in both building structures and taking them down. He's been around the block a few times, but he still has room to grow. Hailing from the Iron Legion like most whom follow his profession, his specialties lie in explosives and demolition work, though in the past he and his old Warband were quite well known for helping to build fortified outposts and bridges across charr controlled territories of Ascalon.

Aaand thats all I care to list for now, though I have loads of other characters to potentially RP some day, even characters from the other races! I may list the rest later on but for now my hope is to dig up RP for my norn and charr - hopefully even with other norn and charr, though my characters will hang out with almost anyone. My guys can typically be found around their respective homelands, but I can have them end up almost any where given the right reasons!
Posted Jun 2, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 3, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+59
God, I'd LOVE to do all sorts of plots and shit! Hit me up! Best through PMs.
Her journal is behind-I'm sorry.
Posted Jun 2, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+49
I am also a returning player. And I'm all for RP outside of cities! Liadine is looking to explore Tyria. If you're interested in some RP, feel free to add me, thejadedfox.2069.

Happy Gaming!

P.S My looking for contacts thread for... rp things Looking for contacts
Posted Jun 6, 18 · Last edited Jun 6, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Liv
Pogs:
+340
If you're looking to get out of the cities and RP with a dynamic group of folks, I'd like to offer you the opportunity to check out PACT 82nd.

We're currently recruiting, very rarely do we engage in bar RP; our characters do training, sparring, adventures, deployments- and the guild itself offers several advancements for the character to grow as well as other games to participate in.

If you're interested, drop me a line on discord or shoot us an application!

Liv#4603
Duskfall Security Solutions
---
Olivia De Alvarre
Posted Jun 7, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+27
Thanks for the responses guys! Liadine, I had actually added you in game a day or so before your reply but I admit, I got so nervous I didn't know what to say. xD I like the sound of your gal, I think she and Hund would get along pretty well. He's always had a soft spot for sylvari, particularly those searching for their place in the world. He's befriended several like that in the past.

Liv - I was reading through that thread earlier actually! I admit i'm kind of half and half on it. Hund has worked with the Pact several times in the past when it came to dealing with Dragon related threats, but he's not a very military minded fellow. Its rare that he'll accept the authority of anyone else over him, preferring to go about things his own way at his own pace - he's very much a Norn in that regard, lol. So i'd have to think on it a while and weigh my options.

...and I momentarily forgot that I had other characters listed as potential RP guys and i'm a dummy! My charr on the other hand would probably excel in that kind of environment, given their military background. Korthak especially.. -scratches chin- Hrm. Hrmmm.. Hrm, hrm hrm! I'll have to look into that!
Posted Jun 7, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 7, 18
Pogs:
+961
My time in game is kinda limited at times depending on the demands of my work on the weekdays at least, but if you ever see me online and wish to say hi or engage in rp then by all means. My top 3 most developed characters would be Karlak, Siegeblade who either norn or charr could pretty easily meet, Eidolen who can be found just about everywhere, Aldrec Stormhaven whose very much like Hund in that he's his own man and a norn through and through.

These days I tend to stick to my charr more often since I'm putting Eidolen a bit on the sideline, but if you wanted I could easily bring him out from time to time :3. I also have other characters such as my two humans Lovren Volundir whose an older noble that has been struggling to secure the future of his house and develops weapons and armor for the human kingdom. My other human is a Lion's Arch citizen named Aurion Lambrind, whose a merchant by trade and seeks to further expand the influence of his family's businesses beyond to other cultures and lands. He also likes to test himself and hone his art with elemental magic too. There's also an eccentric asura in my line up that seeks to study how the world is developing with the rising levels of magic flowing throughout and the deaths of the elder dragons. :p
Guild Wars 2 - Tarnished Coast (EST, USA)

I.D. - abelkmr.1549

Posted Jun 7, 18
Pogs:
+49
wrote:
Thanks for the responses guys! Liadine, I had actually added you in game a day or so before your reply but I admit, I got so nervous I didn't know what to say. xD I like the sound of your gal, I think she and Hund would get along pretty well. He's always had a soft spot for sylvari, particularly those searching for their place in the world. He's befriended several like that in the past.

I get ya, I get the same way! Sounds like the two probably get along. Also I could see Laidine needing someone big to hide behind now and then. Haha. I'll bother you when I get on game. If you have discord, Kitsunr#3735, you can add me there too or friend me I
On enjin.
Posted Jun 8, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+107
Oh wow, so many great characters. Writing you a PM :d
Posted Jun 13, 18
NoticeNotices