Main Forum

[Advice Wanted] Character Model

4 replies
Pogs:
+1
Hi this is my first post here, tbh I didn't know where else at all to get advice or anyone who would care about the finer details of character creation. I'm making a plate wearer, so far class undecided but using the ferocity and noon time presets as a base for the personality. I have a nitpick with the in-game character creation though, I want a face with more "character" ie less human looking. I really like everything about this one I made except the completely clownish smile it does.

9PXKDKM.jpg

So please talk me into ignoring this occasional annoyance! :)
Posted Tue at 02:18 pm · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,028
wrote:
So please talk me into ignoring this occasional annoyance! :)

Ez.

You don't have a choice. Either you pick the face you made and deal with that small detail you don't like, or pick a face that doesn't have a smile by default (there are some, especially in the makeover kit exclusives) and try to do something out of it. There's no other option there.
Piken Square RPer!
Growl Bladeskin | Aelius Brightmane | Tilaw Stainsoul | Evi Shadowstep | Sceledrus Irontail | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Demolitionist Lhymm | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Sulyenn Nightborn | Cailean Angelonia | Maelon Amaryllis | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Mikael Shineblood | Kristopher Lockhart
Posted Wed at 12:33 am
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,925
You could also potentially pick up a hat that covers her mouth! For example, the Adventurer's Scarf from Dry Top is a bandana that's fairly cheap. You can look at the wardrobe in the bank to see if there are other options you might like more.
IsGR2.png
NA - Tarnished Coast
Estel Kuroda - write at twilight, wake to morning
| LURI PLAYS GW2 |
Posted Wed at 08:23 am
Pogs:
+2,704
All female sylvari smile like that. Doesn't matter which face you use. It's just part of their idle animation.
0383DKg.png
Posted Wed at 05:01 pm
Pogs:
+4
It's true. All sylvari women smile during the animation, though some look better than others. It's unavoidable.
Keep in mind this might be a case of the lighting not being particularly flattering. Try watching the idle animation in other light conditions.

If you still can't get over it, and you don't mind recreating the character, you could try increasing or decreasing the size of the lips. Or trying other faces enterely until you find one whose smile you can stomach.
32o4Tjx.png
Kairos | Naxalas | Ghorlick | Ildur | Ruphia | Rhion | Ulanan | Nyx
Posted Thu at 07:28 am
NoticeNotices