Main Forum

[EU] Calling all bandits, highwaymen, and countryside marauders!

6 replies
Lanna o
Pogs:
+4,989
I'm looking for others that might play characters with these kinds of descriptions, not as much city mobsters and thiefs, but rather the countryside outlaws. I recently made a character of this kind, and when thinking about it, realised I haven't seen much of this in RP. There are plenty of mobsters, drug lords, assassins, spies, and pirates, but bandits? I feel a lack there!

So, as to promote banditry rp, I'm considering opening a seedy bar on the country side. The kind where ruffians hang, where seraph know to stay away, in short, something like the Snuggly Duckling.

GrouchySomberIrishterrier-small.gif

I would staff the bar myself once or twice a week, and if it goes well, other events might follow.
Would there be any interest in this?
Thoughts, questions, or ideas?
KOuANvF.png
Posted Dec 4, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+17
I am 100% on board with this.
I have been brooding on ideas around banditry, outlaw rp and other related concepts for years now, but never really was able to invest as much time in it as would be necessary to see them bloom.
My characters will definitely come visit your tavern, and I hope something will develop from this!

As for suggestions, there is of course the question of the name, but also have you considered who runs the place, what kind of services they might offer besides drinks (such as food, lodging, or entertainment) and what kind of rules exist there if any at all?
You could also come up with some original characters of yours who don't work there, but use it as a hangout, or stories about such that would be told there. That way you can already somewhat set the mood for the rp you want to take place.
Posted Dec 4, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Lanna o
Pogs:
+4,989
Hi! Yees, wonderful that more than me have been thinking about this.

I have been running IC bars before, so I know a bit about what is needed. I see two characters of mine involved, a common barmaid there to be bullied and have beer spilled over her, and my own actual bandit character.

The name would need some considering yes, and I have some ideas already, but more importantly, it would need a proper venue to be held at, and for that I am leaning towards using the tavern at Triskel Quay in Kessex Hills. As far as I know, no guild or establishment is claiming it right now, and it is properly out in the country side to be able to house an outlaw bar.
KOuANvF.png
Posted Dec 5, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+115
Though I don't have enough free time to roll a bandit alt, I absolutely love and support this idea, and I hope to see you guys kick up some sick shady RP. : D
Reithiel - Nightmare Guardian - Canticle of Thorns
Naevia - Ashtrash Mercenary - The Ironhold Striders
Kyrie Ironjade - Durmand Priory Scholar - The Amnoon Oasis
Rin Nightingale - White Mantle Agent (???)
Niabhre - Grove Warden
Rycheol - Secret Seeker
Posted Dec 13, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+126
I'd love to see this become a thing, absolutely. We need more of these places cropping up - there just isn't enough! Or well, any for that matter. You have my full support!
Posted Jan 5, 19
Pogs:
+22
I'm not entirely partial to outlaw to, myself, but I'd support anything that helps diversify to spots. So, yes, a speedy bad in the countryside sounds fun.
Posted Jan 8, 19
Pogs:
+13
This is a really fun idea! And I love anything that creates rp spots outside of the usual DR hangouts. I've got a few characters that would come to loiter :d
igLM2iK.png
Posted Jan 8, 19
NoticeNotices