Main Forum

Trailman's Taphouse | Thieves' Guild [SPRW]

8 replies
Pogs:
+30
20rpoba.jpg

Trailman's Taphouse | The Sparrows' "Acquisitions"

You ain’t certain how ya heard 'bout us. No, really.
You ain’t certain. You ain’t heard nothin' 'bout us at all.

Got it?

Good. Let's get this over with.

This world is full 'a chaos. I really gotta tell ya that?
Sorry suckers ‘cross Tyria are realizin' the councils,
queens, ‘n moots are too busy with the big problems.
Most 'a
those sorry suckers’ve been bleedin' the
rest of us dry—bandits and the like. The Mantle.

I’ll tell ya a secret. I’m good at 'em, like that.

Those arses're realizin' somethin’ the poor suckers ain’t
ever gonna find out: you want somethin’ in this world,
it’s your job to take it.

You want coin? Go get it, however ya can.

You want safety? Survival? Time t'fight for it.

We’ve been left behind—the ‘Guard’s grown thin,
the Pact’s leavin’ the bloody continent. Don’t even
mention the Seraph.

So here we are havin’ to do somethin’ 'bout it. No
one’s stickin' up for the alleys or the hamlets.
No one’s stickin’ up for the sorry suckers who still
think followin'
society's gonna help 'em out.

So we come in.

We’re
businessmen, simple as that. No one’ll know
our names and no one’ll know we work together,
‘cause our line ‘a business ain’t appreciated by
the
'man.' If y’know which 'man' I’m
talkin’ about, then keep on listenin’.

14jp83n.jpg

Spoiler: Music (is required, yo)Show

As the days of 1331AE darken, a not-so-unassuming group returns to
Ebonhawke with deed in hand and charter in mind. The "Trailman’s Taphouse" is opened in
a dirty part of a dirty city: with even more dirt behind closed doors. Who says dirt’s gotta be bad
for the remnants of Ascalon? What if the dirt helped more folk than it hurt?

The Trailmen operate independent of the Taphouse they upkeep. They watch the fields, scout
the forests, and trail the roads. Y'know, for business opportunities... sometimes for those that need
'em more than the Taphouse does.

The Sparrows operate behind the Trailmen. The whole Taphouse exists so no one
catches a Sparrow in their hands. The Sparrows are the smallfolk who decided you don’t gotta
be big to do good. They’re the outcasts who know just ‘cause one person calls it bad,
don’t mean it ain’t good for all the rest. They ain’t separatists or rebels. Nobody's gonna know
their names or their cause. The “nobodies” of the world are why they're doin’ this. It's more
selfish than it sounds, but y'know how this works.

Business is business, even if it's fake. The Trailmen may trail the fields or run the
Taphouse, but it’s up to the Sparrows to keep 'em all funded, fed, and functionin’ with the real
goods. Crate runnin’, tonic mixin’, blackmail dealin’, you name it. They ain’t criminals—they’re
enter entrapan entrepreneurs. They look down at the piss-stained cobble, not up
at the cloud-fiddlin’ manors... not yet, 'least.

So now ya know way more than ya should. Guess it’s up to you to leave your safe, little
bubble in the city. Here's a hint: bubbles ain’t helpin' anywhere but your own mind. So you’ve
heard 'a the Taphouse, and you’d better already heard 'a the ‘Hawkes—now good luck gettin'
here without signing your cover away for some A-Gate papers. The Rats are in on it, I'm
tellin' ya. 'Bout time to be "in on" somethin’ of our own, yeah?

You wanna survive as a nobody in this world, 'n help other nobodies do the same? The
Taphouse is waitin' for ya, babe. Bring somethin’ useful—best be your wits.

Posted Jan 10, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 21, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+30

OOC DETAILS, subject (and encouraged!) to change:

THEME: If the Merry Men had to hide beneath Jorrvaskr; if a darker world required darker
deeds to help the smallfolk. “Dark Fantasy” is in, as they say.
RP FLAVOR: Casual adventures, sandbox growth, crime-to-survive, remember-the-oppressed
FOCUS: Help the downtrodden (starting with ourselves, naturally.) Sow disorder and ride
the wave of chaos all the way to the Fence.

CHARACTER TYPES: Anti-heroes, anti-villains, chaotic neutrals, criminals with a
conscience (even especially if they hate having one.) Anyone who can fit or expand the roles
required to run a tavern-front, a petty thieves guild, or their bruiser/scouting force.
CONFLICT: Secrecy can’t be stressed enough, ‘specially for a “business” this small. The
“Separatists” are an example of a criminal movement being failed-from-the-start… everyone
knows their name, what they want, what to expect, and how to stop ‘em. This is an independent
outfit whose tenets don’t revolve around any one mission (for now), so many character types
and conflicts are encouraged if they fit the chaotic flavor of a thieves' guild.
OOC MORALITY: Personally speaking, most anything goes. I plan on a mature group and expect
others will want to bring dark themes into play. I’m glad to facilitate anything within the flavor of the world, guild, RP, etc. … that’s how a guild’s “flavor” expands and evolves!

PHILOSOPHY: There’s always been humans who don’t care for the law; Charr who resist the
Legions’ structure; Asura who defy social stigmas; Sylvari who are called to find their own path;
Norn who don’t fit the shoes demanded of them. Pariahs like this only push away folks different
than ‘em… let’s see if they realize they’ve got more in common than they think?
RP ROLES & TYPES: (some limited ideas, for now)
- Acquisitions (smuggling, fencing goods, burglary)
- Substances (alchemy, poison, arcane "tonics")
- Security ("patrols", hijacking and deliveries, bouncers 'n bruisers)

RECRUITMENT: Open!
REQUIREMENTS: 18+ for language alone.
APPLICATION: Completely IC... please remember that if when characters
are picky about who they let in. Secrecy and loyalty are required for survival, after all. Show
up in Ebonhawke or get a message there--If your character can convince a misanthropic, old
brothel madame they’ve got enough sense for secrecy and skills for schemes… what are they
waiting for?
INTRO IDEAS: Your character could be filling an ad for Taphouse help or otherwise luck
into their backdoor dealings. I love to design "events" around each possible occurrence, so
let's think of somethin' memorable to jumpstart your character's role and contributions!

Leader Name: Madame Hoode [sleepingbasset.2687]

Hello! I’m a not-so-veteran player returning to the game (pretty exclusively for teh RPz, as usual.) My favorite guilds are “heavy RP” sandbox types where characters decide the scope and focus, and leadership only exists to "DM" the events and the world's reactions.

This is the sort of crime outfit my selfish (chaotic-neutral) character would draft up. It's already gaining focus thanks to our members! If you’re interested but want to expand the guild's function or alignment, it's as simple as roleplaying to make those changes. These pages will update accordingly!

Shoot me a mail or whisper in-game for questions, interests, ideas, or RP introductions!

~ * ~

As of now, the Taphouse is gearing up (literally!) for its debut into the underworld scene... not to mention their uncovering an obscurity that JUST MIGHT rally them into a proper Guild! The band of misfits is slowly gaining form as contracts are written and a story unfolds--Jump in, the water's nice and murky!
Posted Jan 10, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 30, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+30
dqke3c.jpg

IC DETAILS, some details are discoverable by those connected within Ebonhawke's underworld.

"HQ": The tavern in Ebonhawke just south of "Kestrel Waypoint." (Yeah, I know, I know.)
IC, the Taphouse is located in an alleyway in the slums near the stronghold's ironworks and mines.
One of many nefarious locales in the city, their humble appearances (and a few connections) keep
the Vanguard focused on larger, necessary targets.

COVERS:
- The Trailman's Taphouse & Boarding

VENTURES:
- Outlawed brews
- Local crate-running
- Gate-smuggling to the Reach
- Super-secret-sabotage... ya didn't see it, here.
Yep, just a smuggling den. Move along, folks.

ROSTER:
- 'Madame' Annie Hoode
- Lynch Brody
- Hakkon 'Wavestrider'
- 'Captain' Barkk +1
- 'Doctor' Darrius Fry
- Iva von Eisenach
- Nemeara 'Red-hands'
- Gorvellon Proode

(( Bump for beautification and updates! ))
Annie Hoode | Ascalonian Arcanist | Taphouse Madame | Thieves' Guildmistress
Ilya Entfriend | Norn Huntress & Pariah | Mystic of the Treant spirit
Posted Jan 11, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 12, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+17
Looking forward to speaking with you...

M

((Lady Bilquis.9543))
Posted Jan 12, 19
Pogs:
+12
Thank you so much for the RP the past few nights. Here is a bit about Inae and a little story about what she did after M gifted her a bag of coins.

https://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/32469503-inae-sine/page/1
Posted Jan 18, 19 · Last edited Jan 18, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+30
~ Bump ~

I've had a great couple weeks getting to know everyone, IC and out! I'm so glad for new members who are bringing in all sorts of plot lines and event ideas. No mandated 'guild arcs,' we don't need 'em--everyone's personal story beams are already crossing into ~organic~ arcs that will test 'n try the whole group!

Recruitment is open if your character can snag the business owner's time and interest. If she's the one steering, the Madame wants her team focused and professional. The only terms are still a character's display of secrecy, loyalty, and a quick wit--especially as the tavern-front grows into a proper ~Thieves' Guild~. The more the formal 'gang' forms, the more necessary it'll be to take on and train those with potential!
Posted Jan 24, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 24, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+37
I'm so aggressively interested. I'm Naku.3195 in-game. I'll send you a poke next time I see you online.
Posted Jan 29, 19
Pogs:
+30
34xpzwm.jpg

The folk stories have been told for generations across either end of the Shiverpeaks: lore among thieves and fences and crooks. Legend tells of a key carved of bone, blessed by Death then corrupted by the Forgotten god long before the fall of Ascalon. They say the key might open any lock, no matter how old, complex, or secure. They say its power comes at heavy cost.

But that's the stuff of fairytales told to sway orphans to a life of shadow. There mustn't be truth to every story... right?

Ebon-Side Story: Part I

Whispers permeate through rotten brick. Vendors hush about, wary of their supply. Caravaners speak of covered wagons brought to the stronghold from the south. Those pathetic enough to care for cobblestone traffic might notice the shift in moonlit footfalls.

An operation moves toward Ebonhawke.

Whispers tell of a Wings raid on the Krytan thieves' guild. Infamous members scurry from the sewers like rats gone to ground. They say a former ring leader has dragged their remnants to the dark tunnels of the Blackwing mines beneath Ebonhawke.

They say Krytan shadows speak of the Wings reporting a fleeing thief with a finger of long, exposed bone.

The Taphouse has heard such rumors, and time is of the essence to stake their claim on Ebon soil. Whispers of a resurfacing Skeleton Key have circulated the dark corners of Tyria, and those who believe its power are seeping out of the woodwork. A deadly, dangerous pursuit shadows any business of a turf war...

... Will the nefarious, Ebon thieves band together against underworld invasion?

... Will they dare to contend against superstition and powers beyond mortal grasp?

Posted Feb 3, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 3, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+284
It's been a busy few weeks at the tap! In honor of our growth (nearly doubled in the course of a few weeks), our activity, and our amazing people, see below for our official taphouse song!

The Trailmen's Taphouse Song

There’s a place in de Hawke, where de birds all flock
An’ de ale is as cheap as a shitty night’s sleep
An’ de vermin ah de streets all crawl an’ creep
To de merry, merry Trailmen’s Taphouse

It’s a lowbrow lot, in a dingy spot
Just a few steps straight past de Blackwing Gate
Dey got tears in dey sleeves, an’ dey’re thick as thieves
At de merry, merry Trailmen’s Taphouse

Chorus:
An’ we’ll tap tap tap
A keg or a vein
An’ we’ll trap trap trap
Ya worries an ya pain
At de very, merry Trailmen’s Taphouse

It’s a late night place where de sparrows race
An’ de ‘tenders make a killin’ tellin’ lies to ya face
Hold ya coin purse tight in dead ah night
Keep ya lips pressed tight, an’ get ready for a fight
At de merry, merry Trailmen’s Taphouse!

Chorus:
An we’ll tap tap tap
A woman or a vein
An’ we’ll trap trap trap
Ya secrets an’ ya names
At de very, merry Trailmen’s Taphouse

If ya desperate for a taste, den my friends make haste
To a dodgy sorta place, put a smile on ya face
It’s de final stop for a hopeless sot
It’s de merry, merry Trailmen’s Taphouse
Yeah give de place a shot, we’ll take everythin’ ya got!

Chorus:
An we’ll tap tap tap
Our tankards an’ our knives
An we’ll trap trap trap
Ya money an’ ya lives
At de very, merry Trailmen’s Taphouse!
Posted Feb 14, 19 · Last edited Feb 14, 19
NoticeNotices