Recent Threads
Main Forum

So... Guild Wars 1 RP?

8 replies
Pogs:
+60
In between Season 2 updates I've found myself revisiting GW1. And now revisiting the Tyria of 250 years ago I can't help but try to look for RP. Something else to bind me back to the game other then HoM rewards.

Now, I know the site. Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers. However, is it too much to ask if anyone here still plays GW1 and RP's? Maby has an active RP guild on the game? Something? I can't find any info on google for a website dedicated to GW1 RPing, and the wiki page of RP guilds has most of them labled as inactive. So this is kind of me shooting in the dark by asking like-minded people about the subject.
325af9b71071bef1.png
Posted Jul 30, 14 · OP
Pogs:
+287
I think when GW 1 came out, it was a very different time, and it's a very different game. First-off, everything is instanced which makes random RP impossible. Yes, we have Megaservers in GW2 now but that's not nearly as bad as total instancing.

The second thing is that when GW 1 came out, WoW was still in it's infancy and had a way better RP potential. Heck, when GW1 came out in Europe, WoW had only been out for 'months' in the EU so it was clear which game had the better RP potential

Those two points combined make that RP in GW 1 never really had a chance to flourish compared to the juggernaut that is WoW back in the day.

If I wasn't stuck in 3 games RPing already, I would have helped you out but...nah. Sowwy! :)
Posted Jul 30, 14 · Last edited Jul 30, 14
Pogs:
+1,554
GW1 had a small , but still very active Roleplaying community.

While the greater world it's self was instanced, Town's outposts, etc where not. Though most roleplaying guilds kept to their own private Alliances and guild halls. They typically used the Guild Wars one wiki's guild listings.

Though I'm unsure if any are still active today.
Gametag: RobinTair.1806

Truu: Pact soldier turned merc
Diathi: Mender, Gardener, Troublemaker.
Laossi: Pastel-hued pacifist

Posted Jul 31, 14
Pogs:
+307
Random rp in the world may not have been an option but I always managed to find random rp in the cities. Doing that I found a few people I clicked with enough to group so we could rp out in the world. I personally thought it was pretty nice having the whole world to rp in without anyone trolling us but apparently that makes me strange. XD

All of the rp guilds that I knew there disbanded and/or moved to GW2 - they rushed to get all of their HoM stuff done before release so they wouldn't have to go back.

I keep popping back over there to play but haven't encountered any rp though I can't say I've really been looking for it either since the game is often empty when I log in. I have asked around here some and a few people have showed interest but nothing has ever actually taken off.

Hopefully you'll find some interest today!
Posted Jul 31, 14
Pogs:
+60
Perhaps if enough people show interest, we could use this thread for a Guild Wars 1 RP session?

Might be a pipe dream, but the game has a theoretical unending lifespan due to servers being automated. So I say why not give it a shot.
325af9b71071bef1.png
Posted Jul 31, 14 · OP
Pogs:
+307
It's a good idea, hopefully you get enough responses to make it worth while. :)
Posted Aug 1, 14
Pogs:
+844
My character Korithar presents unique opportunities due to the fact that he was alive all that time ago (though very different). I'd be very interested in picking up some GW1 RP, if someone were interested to do so.
Tarnished Coast (US)
Korithar
AnundrOrrickJaxxChelidoniKalennSummacStokessiaDimmsi
Making Connections Mega-Thread
Hex Kor.4089 - Contact me here or in-game, via mail or pm, if you'd like to RP!
Posted Aug 1, 14
Pogs:
+53
I'd be happy to get something going there, maybe link things in the past to characters in GW2? I've certainly got some room for that, and could probably use it to somewhat push momentum forwards with one of my Canthan descended GW2 characters who is going nowhere.
Posted Aug 2, 14
Pogs:
+2
my char lady valtaria was also alive back then and i mad her in gw1 specifically to rp with if your still interested.
Posted Mar 27, 19
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices