Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 3

[PS] Niamh's Right Hand [NRH] - A Sylvari Warden Guild

25 replies
Pogs:
+488
Still dusty from their tour of duty through the Silverwastes, the Wardens and Support Staff of the Right Hand saw purification and relaxation in the Zelwchor Hot Springs, of course accompanied by their brilliant liaisons of the Archedyne Metatechnics Krewe. Armored leaves, armor and magitech gizmos were quickly exchanged for bare bark, skimpy foliage and water-proof magitech gizmos.

hotsprings_fun.jpg
The visitors spend some time in much-deserved leisure – frolicking, bathing, and a quaint few rounds of ‘Melo Medies’, the game where one blindfolded individual seeks out his peers by calling out loud. Of course there was the ample dose of cheating, as contestants fell to misuse of multi-spectrum-analyzers and mesmeric doppelgangers. The Asuran riddles that followed proved to be a little -too- challenging for most, however

Once back in Cathal, the Wardens were met with no less than four fresh new recruits, among which a potent Mesmer, a gifted Gardener with Mending aspirations, and a rather dashing Dreamcaster. Sprout and Castanea rounded the guests and recruits up into teams for their introduction to the practical usage of shields and deflection-magic ..by having each team bombard the other with near-rotten eggs.

warden_training.jpg
A foul odor will surely linger over Cathal for at least a day – but it was worth the stench and yolk-stained leaves, as each group displayed both a sense of strategy and team-spirit.
NRH_siggy1.png
Posted May 17, 15 · Last edited May 17, 15
Pogs:
+488
EVENT REMINDER - FRIDAY JUNE 12th, 19:30 GMT+1

Warden Shield Castanea and Liaison Taarez have joined forces to plot a grueling training routine, meant for both new applicants and established Wardens. And which landscape offers better diversity and challenge than the Timberline falls?
Expect a multiple-stage competition amidst the white mountain peaks, challenging both physically and mentally!

But.. the training may not be the only thing which awaits the Wardens in idyllic Timberlines Falls. Sinister figures have been lurking around Cathal the past few weeks, sowing their seeds of instability, and waiting for that opportune moment to strike.

[ The event is open to all Wardens, Trainees and Support-Staff ]
NRH_siggy1.png
Posted Jun 12, 15
Pogs:
+4,419
Bump for awesome people and fun plots.
R6D2fok.png
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/6221257-gulmont-longrange-ps-comments-welcome

4dJxheu.jpg
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/7158668-clockk-ps-feedback-welcome-wip
Posted Jun 24, 15
Pogs:
+269
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to do this, and I'd also like to apologise in advance for initiating a discussion on your guild page!

I have a concern that I hope can be cleared up, because it'd be a real shame if this guild was based on misunderstandings...

So, I'm confused. You say you are Wardens, and yet you go on adventures and such? And investigate things outside of Sylvari "lands"? That's not the Wardens' job. They're meant to protect Sylvari lands against threats, not go out and fight elsewhere. As far as I understand, of course.

You mentioned that you created a safe haven outside DR, but... Wardens don't do this either. There is also no reason for Wardens to protect Sylvari near a city which has its own guards already (Seraph). Queensdale is filled with them, so really, there is zero need for Wardens to leave the now-poisoned Pale Tree.

The Grove is weak right now. Exposed to future threats. I just...what? :<
Posted Jun 27, 15 · Last edited Jun 27, 15
Pogs:
+44
I can understand the confusion, however we did have a reason for being in Queensdale at that time. The Seraph are biased when it comes to the law, as they have clearly shown with their actions. It was in the best interest of the Sylvari that roamed those parts of Tyria to have a safe place to return to at night. Curious as they are, Sylvari often do not have the coin to spend every night at the Inns. Having them sleep outside would have been quite dangerous to their wellbeing.

To quote the wiki:
GW2 wiki wrote:
They primarily act to guard The Grove from threats, though their presence has expanded as the sylvari settlements have.

The more curious our kind becomes, the further we have to travel with them to keep them safe.

Anyway, that the decision to put up a safe haven there was made two years ago. OC reasons were also that there was simply no RP in the Grove when we played. With a small Guild, and no interaction, being near DR was the best choice. But with a Guild large enough to sustain our own town, we have moved to Cathal.

As for the 'adventures'. We are a mobile group of Wardens, able to be deployed when the situation calls for it. This means that if one of our siblings has trouble, or even one of our liaisons, we will set out to aid them. We are still primarily based inside Cathal, however. Fighting the Nightmare and whatever threat there is in Caledon.

After all, if we all back up into the Grove, we will leave Cathal, Caledon and our beloved Dreamer siblings in all kinds of danger.

I hope this has cleared up any confusion on your end.

~ Warden Captain Pepperae
Pepperae, Warden Captain of Cathal

Pepperae - Naraica - Meepa - Aeridinae - Faeriene ~ Find me ingame on Ciaran.9076
Posted Jun 27, 15 · OP · Last edited Jun 28, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+488
gemstones_and_infusions.jpg

[QUEST UPDATE] The Wardens and their Liaisons went on a daring high-altitude mission to extract attunable crystals! A un-wardenlike task, made difficult by a rather annoyed Lightning Elemental, but otherwise completed beyond expectation!

Soon the second phase of Sprout and Pepper's megalomaniacal plan will commence - to find and secure a compatible source of wild energy. To this end, they are seeking the opinions and expertise of all friends of Cathal. The next expedition will commence on Monday, 3rd of August, 18:30 GTM
NRH_siggy1.png
Posted Jul 29, 15 · Last edited Jul 29, 15
Pogs:
+1
It was a literally shocking experience! More for the captain and Verdant than some of us, "bzzt". The voting is going well, but Roli would urge to consider her additional option of "arcane". Remember folks, arcane never did any harm, no leylines ever awoke any dragons, such things are mere heresy and rumour! Vote arcane today!

Looking forward to the next portion of the quest whatever it turns out to be!
Posted Jul 29, 15
Pogs:
+488
Our heroes ventured into a realm of mesmerizing beauty and grave danger, as they quested to secure and tap a raw elemental source. The next and final step in the Warden quest-chain commences Monday 10th, 19:00 GMT.

source.jpg
NRH_siggy1.png
Posted Aug 3, 15
Pogs:
+488
Tonight 19:00 - 22:00 GMT - the conclusion of the ongoing Warden triptych. I'm not saying it's going to be awesome, but it's still going to be awesome! Liaisons are welcome to tag along.
NRH_siggy1.png
Posted Aug 12, 15
Pogs:
+488
[Recruitment Open]

Niamh's Right Hand is once again open for recruitment. With a steadily rising number of baddies around Caledon Forest, the Wardens require bad-ass trainees and seasoned transfers to bolster their number and keep fighting the good fight.

• Do you love the Pale Tree?
  • Are you up for casual, social town RP intermixed with a military setting?
  • But also want weekly organized events with loads of fighting, sneaking about and poking at corpses?
  • And do you often find yourself glowering at Nightmare Courtiers from afar, just itching to punch one in the face?

Then who knows, you might be that Sylvari we are looking for! Just approach one of our highly questionable Wardens around Cathal or poke the NRH recruitment page here, and we'll get things going.

~Sprout
NRH_siggy1.png
Posted May 22, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices