Log In
Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 4

No Free Passes((Open))

39 replies
Posts:
80
Pogs:
+124
((BLECH my writing is rusty and poor because I am tired. Forgive me, friends. I'm gonna go make an ooc thread now...))
Spoiler: Trigger WarningShow


___


A muted sensation tickled at the back of Tara's mind.

The warrior's body was numb with cold and heavy, yet something pulled her from beneath a pile of snow by her collar. Her eyes cast upward, glancing among the mountains and winter sky before trailing further to discern who dragged her along. She thought she saw a tuft of blonde hair.

Is that...?

Before the skirmisher could find out her form hit an object beneath the snow, rapidly returning her to sleep.

____


"...I can't do that, unless you have some other plan."

"No, I was just thinking--"

"Of course you were. That's why we're still here and not past the dredge. If you're going to suggest something, next time make sure you get past common sense. I swear, its a miracle you're even working here..."

"...Yep. Well, nevermind then. I'll just get back to... poking the fire."

"Hmph."

Kyveli watched her assistant return to the campfire, scowling before looking back down at the map. Returning to the Priory seemed a much simpler task to her before they reached the snowy regions. In hindsight it seemed odd, considering the pirates residing further south usually posed more of a threat than the dredge still poking around nearer to their destination.

Without an escort besides her unruly 'helper' and the unconscious warrior they found while avoiding the rats, the charr strained for an idea to reach the base without conflict. An alternate route was available but it passed through a valley crawling with ice wurms and who knows what else. Well, perhaps it was only the wurms down there, really. She hated those.

The most frustrating part of this was that the base was within sight. Less than a day's ride from where they settled, it would have been a breeze compared to the rest of the way they traveled. Kyveli gritted her teeth and rolled up the map, tucking it to her chest and sitting down with a huff. Frustration interrupted her thoughts so she resigned herself to glowering at the assistant's back.

If I can't get these things back in time, I'm blaming him. Stupid human.
I49Kj7U.png


Click these and you'll have helped me with my dragon crusade!
Posted Feb 15, 15 · OP · Last edited Feb 19, 15
Posts:
44
Pogs:
+12
Thorin trudged through the snow thankful for the warmth his furred coat pervaded during the cold night. Beside him a large wolf with snow white fur matched him with each step he took while it's eyes peered into the surrounding darkness, searching for anything that could pose a danger. The norn looked down at his companion and gave her a warm smile.

"Not far now Marie." he said. "Just another hour or so and we'll be home."

The wolf gave a short bark in acknowledgement before glaring back at the darkness before them. While the thought of home definitely lifted the norn's spirit the fact that he was returning home from a fruitless hunt sour the feeling slightly. Since the appearance of the dredge the game that had once dotted this mountainous landscape had become fewer and fewer with each passing month. It had gotten to the point where Thorin had to make long trips outside of his usual hunting grounds but even then he'll be lucky if he caught a rabbit.

'Perhaps I should consider moving on.' he thought before immediately shaking his head to get rid of it.

These hunting grounds had been his family's for generations to even consider of leaving them for the dredge to spoil was an insult on their memories and yet what other choice did he have. If he stayed here soon there will be nothing to hunt and he already had several confrontations with the dredge, sooner or later they'll want him gone and he didn't had enough bullets to take on a small army of mole mans.

Marie sudden barking brought Thorin out of his thoughts as he looked down at the white wolf.

"What is it girl?" Thorin asked as he unclasp his rifle from his back.

After a quick scan of the surrounding area Thorin found what had gotten the wolf's attention. Not far from where they stood he could see a small flicker of light in the distance. 'A campe fire.' he thought. 'Why would anyone set up camp out here?'

"Come on girl." Thorin said as he started to walk towards the distant light with his rifle still in his hands. "Let's go see who we got here."
Posted Feb 15, 15
Posts:
80
Pogs:
+124
The gust howled against one of the jagged rocks nearby. It swept down and tickled the charr's ears, causing them to flick back. She had her back turned to them but she could hear her assistant jotting something down in his journal as well as the ruffling of the furs the warrior was tucked into. Kyveli had given up scanning the map a couple of hours prior and had lost herself in thought, settling near her wagon of supplies and tucking her tail around her.

"Kyveli," the boy called over. "How do you spell 'grotesque'?"

"Why do you need to know how to spell that? Wait, don't answer that. Its..." She began reciting each letter aloud, not even bothering to turn toward him. Mid-spelling, he called her name again.

"--What?"

"I think I heard something--"

"I'd like to hope so! Are you going to waste m--"

She could barely hear something shouting. Both of them froze, straining their ears to listen further. Shortly after the barking had ceased and her helper piped up. "Wolves?"

"A wolf, yes..." Kyv scratched her chin, pulling herself to her feet. "Or maybe a dog...? If its a dog I hope it belongs to someone helpful..." While the charr mused optimistically the boy closed his book and entered his tent, rummaging for something.

To defend himself, no doubt.
I49Kj7U.png


Click these and you'll have helped me with my dragon crusade!
Posted Feb 16, 15 · OP
Posts:
44
Pogs:
+12
Thorin pulls at the hood of his coat as he hid behind a snow covered log that was just outside the light of the camp. It had been easy for him and Marie to sneak up to the camp as the charr and the human bickering like children. 'Still strange to find people camping out here, especially a human and charr.' he thought as he stroke his fiery red beard. From what he could make out nether of them seem to be heavily armed so they can't be bandits and they're too far off the roads to be merchants.

"What do you think Marie." he asked the wolf beside him. "Should we say hello."

The wolf poked it's head over the log for a split second before looking back at the norn and making a small affirmative sound which was then followed by a growl and a show of her sharp teeth.

Thorin nodded in agreement as he stood up and made his way into the light. "Well, lets hope it doesn't come to that." he whispered softly.
Posted Feb 16, 15 · Last edited Feb 16, 15
Posts:
80
Pogs:
+124
"What are you going to do with that? Play them a song?"

"Ye-- no! No... wait... maybe? Is that how these work?"

Kyveli sighed. The boy rang a bell he withdrew from the tent experimentally. She turned toward the fire in boredom as he turned around and jingled it a few more times.

"Woah-- Oh, hey! Mister norn! Guy.... fellow." The assistant grinned at the approaching duo nervously, pulling the focus behind his back. His exclamation drew the charr's attention and caused the warrior to toss in her cot. "We sure are glad to see you around here? Say... do you uhm... do you know how to fight? Because if so, you may potentially have a reward awaiting you-- I mean, if you help us, that is."

"Shut it, kid." Kyv stepped around the fire, toward Thorin. "Hey."
I49Kj7U.png


Click these and you'll have helped me with my dragon crusade!
Posted Feb 17, 15 · OP
Posts:
407
Pogs:
+839
The fur covered figure came down the path quite with out fear. A sled pulled behind him, bearing a large pile covered by canvas. He was amused to see a fire light off in the distance, and quietly signaled the large bear shadowing his path to move out among the trees. The green leather of his out fit failed to blend into the surrounding foliage, but stealth was not his purpose this night.

He walked sure footedly along the path, seemingly unconcerned about his surroundings. His pale shaved head, steamed slightly as the snow touched it, and a bear mask covered his face obscuring his features. Fur lined the edges of his boots and down the collar of his tunic, which left one arm bare to the elements, but showed off his tattoos with out any trouble.

He grumbled quietly to himself at the racket in front of him, and winced slightly at the bell. "Idiots will bring Svanir down on them. Best go ensure they know what is further along the path."

A low growl emitted from his throat, a signal to the bear. It's blended into the deep troughs of snow, nearly as tall as the Norn himself, and twice the weight. It's white and grey fur blending in far better then the tall norn. It wouldn't take long to reach the fire, even with the pile of meat on the sled. Maybe they would buy some off him, then he could afford a pint of ale at the next homestead.

Or not...
8961023309_88368ac70a_z_d.jpg


http://fop-in-the-reach.tumblr.com/
Posted Feb 17, 15
Posts:
44
Pogs:
+12
Thorin gave the charr a kind smile before giving the human a nod in greeting. "Hello friends." he said as he reached out a large gloved hand to the charr to shake.

Marie meanwhile walked past them and headed to the sleeping form that sat by the edge of the fire. She sniffed at the woman's face before laying down beside her in a somewhat protective manner, her bright yellow eyes never leaving the male human or the female charr.
Posted Feb 17, 15
Posts:
80
Pogs:
+124
Kyv extended her paw to the norn, lifting her head to more easily make eye-contact with him. She gave a firm handshake before inquiring, "You a hunter? We work for the Priory; you're welcome to share the fire if you like." The charr's tail flicked behind her slightly, gliding just above the snow to form a semi-circle around her. The assistant lowered the bell, pouting and then putting it down near Marie and the slumbering warrior. He eyed the beast warily before walking over as well.

The skirmisher's brow furrowed under the steam that escaped the wolf's nostrils and relaxed when she settled down beside her. She sighed, the air escaping her in a steady stream as she eased back into rest.

"Oh, hey! Is that your friend?" The boy asked, waving at the newcomer in green. Then he spotted the bear and lowered his hand, tucking it close to his chest. "Oh... nice... bear...?"
I49Kj7U.png


Click these and you'll have helped me with my dragon crusade!
Posted Feb 18, 15 · OP
Posts:
407
Pogs:
+839
Hrolf nodded to the small boy, as he ploughed through the snow up to the fire. With a slight shake of his shoulders, he let any built up snow slide to the ground around his feat.

He gave the small boy a look, and a chuckle reaching his eyes. "Don't worry about Snaebaes he won't eat you unless you attempt some silly thing like drawing a knife on me. Then he might decide to see how you taste. Snae, patrol." The bear grumbled again but set out at a low trot, wending around the camp.

"I've meat here. Dolyak. Fresh. 1 copper a slice." He glanced at the sleeping skirmisher and the Charr, and raised an eyebrow. "Odd place for a pair like you, usually humans and snow make for a lot of loud shivering and many complaints." The norn moved to the fire pulling a fur roll off his back and laying it down on the ground. His long bow came next, being stuck un-strung into the snow next to the fur.

"Next homestead is still some distance down into the valley, but there are a lot of Wyrms and possibly some Svanir before then. What has you camped out in the snow." His voice is deep, and slightly muffled by the mask, which he has yet to take off.

With a deft flick he cut a branch off the nearest tree, and stripped the bark, then skewered the meat on the stick and held it over the fire.
8961023309_88368ac70a_z_d.jpg


http://fop-in-the-reach.tumblr.com/
Posted Feb 18, 15
Posts:
44
Pogs:
+12
Thorin eyebrow rosed slightly at the newcomer. 'I don't think these parts had so many visitor's.' he thought as he greeted the mask wearing norn. After acknowledging the norn he turned back to the charr.

"So you two are from the Priory." he said as he scratch his red bead, his green eyes looking the charr up and down. "Aren't you two a bit far from that fortress of yours?"

Marie remain by the side of the sleeping woman though her eyes lingered on the bear as it past them, they followed it until the larger creature disappeared into the darkness of the night.
Posted Feb 19, 15
Page
of 4
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices