Main Forum
Page
of 2

Char Fahrars

13 replies
Pogs:
+2
Three questions! :}

I know that Char cubs enter Fahrar's at a year old, but when do they "graduate" or leave?

Is there a list of Fahrars? In the event of creating a character backstory, what are some examples of Fahrars?

Does anyone know what the day to day life at a Fahrar would be like? I understand that they are a militaristic race (like bootcamps etc.), but I was wondering if anyone has extra knowledge?

Thank you for reading! I am writing a backstory for a char character, and I realized that, even after reading the GW2 wiki, had some itty bitty questions.
Posted Mar 6, 15 · OP
Pogs:
+1,432
wrote:
Three questions! :}

I know that Char cubs enter Fahrar's at a year old, but when do they "graduate" or leave?
There is no lore currently that gives a graduation age. However, a Primus would/could be the one to decide when a particular warband under his care is ready for their first missions and therefore graduation. Charr RPers I'm in contact with (myself included) put the earliest possible age of graduation at 16 years. Though that is just fan theory.

wrote:
Is there a list of Fahrars? In the event of creating a character backstory, what are some examples of Fahrars?
There is the Fahrar of Young Heroes in the Black Citadel, and it is cited as being the most prestigious. However, the Town of Nolan also has a fahrar that is overseen by Primus Kurr. By most indications, fahrars can spring up where there is a substantial charr settlement or citadel.
wrote:
Does anyone know what the day to day life at a Fahrar would be like? I understand that they are a militaristic race (like bootcamps etc.), but I was wondering if anyone has extra knowledge?
I very much encourage you to hang around the Town of Nolan where there is an NPC fahrar that runs around, goes on a little mission and has a ton of ambient dialogue! That should give you a good basic idea. You may also check out the home instance for charr, where the Fahrar of Young Heroes resides. Also, in Ashford Forum, there is a short dialogue between cubs that gives some hints about being born on the front lines and such.
7mYWvl.png

Posted Mar 6, 15 · Last edited Mar 6, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2
Thank you Imga for such a quick and thorough reply! I will make sure to visit the Town of Nolan and Ashford Forum.

This brings about another question; is there much known about how Primus's(Primusi?) are chosen? I wonder if it is okay to create a Primus for backstory.
Posted Mar 6, 15 · OP
Pogs:
+1,432
wrote:
Thank you Imga for such a quick and thorough reply! I will make sure to visit the Town of Nolan and Ashford Forum.

This brings about another question; is there much known about how Primus's(Primusi?) are chosen? I wonder if it is okay to create a Primus for backstory.

Just like how gladium and charr are plural and singular, I've always used primus as the plural and singular form, haha.
But, anyway, there's not a ton of lore on how one becomes a primus, just that they must be adults. I've seen other primus characters, and most of them seem to have a soldiering career beforehand and the requisite patience, wisdom or strength to lead a bunch of cubs. However, per "The Legions of the Charr", a primus can be young. I'd imagine, personally, that a primus would be highly regarded since they are training the next generation.
7mYWvl.png

Posted Mar 6, 15
Pogs:
+2
Thank you again, I feel a bit dumb haha >.<. That link was great, exactly what I am looking for. All of my questions have been answered, for now :}
Posted Mar 6, 15 · OP
Pogs:
+1,432
Awesome, glad I could help!
7mYWvl.png

Posted Mar 6, 15
Pogs:
+2,777
Another great resource on the Charr and even on the hierarchy is The Ecology of the Charr. It even gives a comprehensive history of the Charr, which includes how the humans invaded the Charr lands and created Ascalon.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Mar 6, 15
Pogs:
+1,592
It is actually stated that the time the cubs leave their fahrar is when they don't need supervision anymore and crom that moment forward they're considered to be adults.
Now.. I'm aware that that isn't an age or something, but it is what the charr do.
Ikata.3750

I've too many characters to even list here..
So here's the names of a few:

Torchclaw Cloudfire
Sheila Braidtail
Shaman Cauldronburn
Kyra Whisperwood
Imus Underboot
Kennis Eveningsong
Posted Mar 7, 15
Pogs:
+2,777
There's varying degrees as well when cubs are taken to the Fahrar. In the Black Citadel, there's a cub and his mother talking about going to the Fahrar where the cub asks "why can't I be a farmer like you?". It's possible that cub is about a year old. There's also the two cubs who talk about where they were born and brag about the Fahrar they go to in Ashford Forum. One cub says she was born on the front lines in the Brand and had to wait six weeks before returning to the Black Citadel. In the story in the Legions of Charr link offered by Imga, Via returns to the Citadel and takes a two week old cub to the Ash Legion Fahrar (Via is a Blood Legion female, which means cubs go to the Fahrar of the father or sire). All of this was some of the varying degrees of cubs going tot he Fahrar that made me decide to send Flintlock to a Fahrar when she was five. Late, yes, but Flintlock was raised by Shani (adopted mother), Pania (adopted auntie), Wren (adopted auntie) and Unia (adopted grandmother), raised by humans. 12 years ago, humans in the Black Citadel was unheard of as the Legions and Kryta were still at war.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Mar 7, 15
Pogs:
+1,592
Cubs don't necessarily go to their sires legion fahrar. It's just Via honouring Feros.
Us charr have equality, after all. Except for the smog-eaters.
Ikata.3750

I've too many characters to even list here..
So here's the names of a few:

Torchclaw Cloudfire
Sheila Braidtail
Shaman Cauldronburn
Kyra Whisperwood
Imus Underboot
Kennis Eveningsong
Posted Mar 7, 15
Page
of 2
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices