Page
of 7

GW2 Build Directory

60 replies
Ravnie o
Pogs:
+149
Solobreaker

• Build theme: For lone wolves who desire mediocre/good dps with high survivability and stuns (the latter depending on utility and weapon choices).
  • Class: Warrior > Spellbreaker
  • Build for: (Solo) PVE
  • Build Type: Direct damage, self sustain, solo, minimal group utility
  • Build Main Damage Source: Direct Damage
  • Build difficulty: Easy
  • Build Link: >Link<
  • Build details: Full Berserker weapons, armour and trinkets. Superior Rune of the Scrapper for armour, Superior Sigil of Frailty & Peril for weapons. The build centers around toughness and utilization of high crit attacks when the enemy is stunned/not attacking or does not have boons. High self heal count, invulnerability, lots of dodging and self cleanses. Alt. weapons include Mace + Shield instead of Dagger + Dagger for stuns if desired. Might stacking relies on utilization of adrenaline skills in a proper manner. Eviscerate should be combined with MH axe skill 2 and then with OH dagger nr 4/5 skill for optimal dps. Traits can be found here. Don't be afraid to experiment with other utility skills!
EU CHARACTER MATCHMAKINGNA CHARACTER MATCHMAKING
RAVENITE.6041 - PIKEN SQUARE - EU
TEMPLATESCHARACTER MASTERLISTTUMBLR COMMISSIONS
Posted Oct 29, 17 · Last edited Oct 31, 17
Pogs:
+4,043
wrote:
Please don't actually bring this into a raid.

Sorry to tell you that, but people will bring whatever they want into raids. This thread here is for people willing to share builds, not to gather more slaves to the meta. Here, the creativity and uniqueness are welcomed, even if that means being less efficient in combat. The purpose is to have fun playing a build, not being a sheep and doing the same thing as everyone else. :)
Piken Square
Aelius Brightmane | Cailean Angelonia | Evi Velvetpaw | Growl Bladeskin | Kristopher Lockhart | Demolitionist Lhymm | Maelon Amaryllis | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Mikael Shineblood | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Sceledrus Irontail | Sulyenn Nightborn | Tilaw Stainsoul | Chronoanalyst Vekk | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Zehim El Khouri
Posted Oct 29, 17 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+11
wrote:
wrote:

Sorry to tell you that, but people will bring whatever they want into raids. This thread here is for people willing to share builds, not to gather more slaves to the meta. Here, the creativity and uniqueness are welcomed, even if that means being less efficient in combat. The purpose is to have fun playing a build, not being a sheep and doing the same thing as everyone else. :)
Okay, but that build's not 'off-meta'. It's trying to fill the meta role for Soulbeast, and making tradeoffs that give it no real benefit in a raid. People can bring whatever they want into a raid, but they shouldn't be surprised when the other 9 people in their raid see that they have Signet of the Hunt on their buff bar and kick them.
Posted Oct 30, 17
Pogs:
+2,777
Edited swapping out Signet of the Hunt (really? A 25% movement increase) with Vulture Stance.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Oct 30, 17
Pogs:
+11
Blood is Life

• Build theme: This is the signature build for Wes the Sanguine, incorporating strong condition pressure and sustain into a highly-durable WvW build. It can easily be rolled into dungeons and open-world PvE thanks to the versatility of shouts and condition damage, but hold off on Fractals and Raids unless appropriately geared (further testing still required, which will probably happen... never). His character theme, that of a life-draining mage who saps the strength of others to empower his otherwise frail and sickly form, was the inspiration for the changes I made to the core build.
  • Class: Necromancer (Reaper elite spec)
  • Build for: WvW - roaming and small squads
  • Build Type: 65% Original, 35% Efficient
  • Build Main Damage Source: Conditions
  • Build difficulty: Medium - proper rotations and cooldowns take some practice to use at maximum effectiveness
  • Build Link: Right here.
  • Build details: Imagine that you're weak, and the best way for you to become strong is to take power from those who hold it and use it for yourself. Your very existence is a battle, and it's one you intend to win at any cost. That's how it is for Wes the Sanguine.

Thematically, this build is fueled by blood. Wes is no vampire, but he understands the value of one's lifeblood and the strength that it contains. However, just as the blood of the covenant runs thicker than the water of the womb, his spells are far from purely selfish - blood magic can heal, restore, and empower as much as it can hinder and harm.

The core concept of this build is simple: slap on plenty of nasty conditions, make yourself as beefy as possible, and siphon health with every attack and ability. Your core traits are Blood Bond, Vampiric Presence, Parisitic Contagion, and Augury of Death to maximize your sustain. Don't bother with the healing/reviving traits in Blood Magic because your goal is to keep people from getting downed in the first place. Superior Rune of Durability spreads survivability to your entire group, while your array of conditions (initiate with Staff at range, use S/D up close, switch to Shroud for melee) while ensure you're constantly healing from your condition damage.

Wes suffers from his own curses, so why not spread them around? This build embodies his resilience and the lengths to which he would go to protect his own life and the lives of those he cares about.
Posted Oct 31, 17
Pogs:
+269
Eqbot wrote:
wrote:
wrote:

Okay, but that build's not 'off-meta'. It's trying to fill the meta role for Soulbeast, and making tradeoffs that give it no real benefit in a raid. People can bring whatever they want into a raid, but they shouldn't be surprised when the other 9 people in their raid see that they have Signet of the Hunt on their buff bar and kick them.

In the beginning of the thread it does says these builds can be for anything.

Not saying that I agree or care (because I have my soulbeast in that build for lolz and already have a meta ranger. On top of that I personally think raids are useless compared to the other modes), but I think you should've held the comment back and just look over everything first .

If they have a raid group or other people have dedicated raid groups where they don't give a shit and complete it anyways, then yes it can very much be brought to raids. Your assuming people PUG these days when honestly it's easier (and funnier if I actually cared about raids) to do it in dedicated groups.

Again, no disrespect to you, but there are builds in this thread that had been both in and out of meta for whatever content. It's fine as is.
Posted Oct 31, 17 · Last edited Oct 31, 17
Pogs:
+4,043
Spec Ops

• Build theme: As title says, spec ops. A unit specialized in special operations that require stealth, discretion, and lots of guns.
  • Class: Thief (Deadeye Specialization)
  • Build for: Open World PvE, Dungeons, Fractals
  • Build Type: Original, but also efficient
  • Build difficulty: Easy
  • Build Link: Sneaky
  • Build details: This whole build revolves around stealth. Everything is about stealth and boons/bonus you gain from stealth. That's the thing I enjoyed the most when I played PoF story with my thief. That, and all the mobs skipping I could do with that elongated stealth.

Let's start with the specialization trees.

Critical Strikes is a must have for the damage bonus it provides. Keen observer will be a permanent critical chance increase because your health will always be over 90% thanks to your all-time ranged, out-of-trouble fighting style (and self-sustain, see Shadow Arts tree explanation for that), exactly like Twin Fangs will permanently provide a damage boost. Practiced Tolerance is incredibly satisfying to get nice, fat critical shots at your target (that you could interpret IC as hitting your target bullseye from your incredible marskmanship!). Hidden Killer is the trait we love, because it can be triggered very, very often thanks to all the stealth spells we have. Once you're in stealth, and during 2 seconds after you're out of stealth, your critical chance goes up to 100%, allowing you to burst down your target with a damage spike.

Deadeye is of course mandatory for this build as it uses the rifle. Revealed Malice will also provide Might all the time, as we'll have the Revealed debuff for a couple seconds everytime we get out of stealth (very often!), and help us get faster Malice stacks on the target (boosting up our damage). Silent Scope turns the 5th skill into a stealth spell, which just helps around in this build, and boosts the critical chances of all rifle spells when kneeled, all the better! Perfectionist is very helpful as we'll often (and quite rapidly) reach max stacks on our foes, boosting us up all over with multiple boons, and is synergizing with the last trait, Maleficient Seven, which gives some health per second healing when reaching the maximum malice stacks, and increases the maximum of stacks we can have on a target, at a faster rate (boosting up our damage some more).

Shadow Arts, finally, is the core tree of this build, where we'll get most buffs from stealth spells. Frankly, this tree's traits are up to you to choose, as they're all good to take. I personally prefer Concealed Defeat for the Deception skills cooldown reduction, but Shadow Embrace is an equally valid option if you face condition based enemies, while Last Refuge can be useful as an automatic 'Oh sh*t' button. Meld With Shadows just makes our stealth spells longer, which allows them to grant their bonus for a longer duration on us, all the better. Shadow Protector is an important trait to have as all the stealth you provide will also grant regeneration -on allies included! A practical help to keep our health high up to enjoy the bonuses from the Critical Strikes tree. Resilience Of Shadows will help you mitigate high bursts of damage as all damage taken when you're stealthed are reduced by 25%, useful when a boss is about to punch your face hard and you're out of dodging options or friends to take the hit for you. Finally, Shadow Rejuvenation is a good self-supporting trait for when you're in a tough spot and need some seconds to breath, as stealth spells grant you health every second, as well as Initiative points, so you can get back into the fight with full force.

For weapons, Rifle, of course, to destroy your enemies from a safe distance, and Dual Pistols to have a secondary ranged option (Spec Ops theme oblige), but much more mobile.

Armor? Berzerker. Trinkets? Berzerker! Weapons? BERZERKER! Do I need to explain why? Damage, critical chance, critical damage, as simple as that.

Armor runes: Superior Rune of the Infiltrator, it increases damage dealt to weak targets and includes an automatic 'Oh f*ck me' button, as in if your health reaches 20% you'll be automatically stealthed, granting you all the buffs and bonus stealth provides (a.k.a. initiative, health per second, Regeneration, and damage reduction).

Weapon sigils: for the rifle, Superior Sigil of Bloodlust to boost that Power stat some more, and Superior Sigil of Strength to get some free stacks of Might, as we'll critical hit people a lot (minimum 50% of the time, up to 70% when empowered by Fury or when kneeling with the rifle, and up to 90% when empowered by Fury AND kneeling with the rifle). For the Dual Pistols, Superior Sigil of Force for a permanent damage boost as it'll be our secondary weapon set when we need to be mobile and will synergize with Superior Sigil of Bloodlust you'll have maxed out on the Rifle, and Superior Sigil of Strength again.

For utility skills, focus on stealth spells of course. Hide In Shadows as a healing skill will give you a fat amount of health, cure conditions and grant you stealth (which in turn will grant you initiative, health per second, Regeneration, and damage reduction, you know the drill by now). Shadow Gust for the stealth and small CC, and Blinding Powder for the AoE blind, instant stealth and Blast Finisher if you happen to have a Fire Field where you're standing, those two will be your first two utility skills. For the third, the choice is yours. I prefer to run with Shadow Refuge most of the time because it provides a lot of stealth in an AoE and can be incredibly useful to skip groups of mobs in many areas, but Roll For Initiative can be a better option in some situations for its Stun Break, evade and movement impairment cleanse. Finally, Shadow Melt will be your elite skill, as it's the only skill in your set that can remove the Revealed debuff you get when you get out of stealth to stealth you back instantly after, allowing you to strike, stealth, strike again and stealth again with an incredibly satisfactory ease.
Piken Square
Aelius Brightmane | Cailean Angelonia | Evi Velvetpaw | Growl Bladeskin | Kristopher Lockhart | Demolitionist Lhymm | Maelon Amaryllis | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Mikael Shineblood | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Sceledrus Irontail | Sulyenn Nightborn | Tilaw Stainsoul | Chronoanalyst Vekk | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Zehim El Khouri
Posted Oct 31, 17 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,873
Noone asked for this, but I'ma toss this up anyways:

For the above Soulbeast build, I'd definitely suggest Grieving or Carrion over Marauder. Dagger/Dagger and Shortbow doesn't any particularily big damage multipliers so Ferocity kinda feels lackluster on them, better to make all that Poison you stack hit like a truck with pumped up Condition Damage instead.

Also, consider using Quick Draw over Light on your Feet if you swap weapons often in combat. Shaving 66% of the Cooldown on Double Arc and Poison Volley will really help more with the Poison Uptime than the 10% Condi duration on evade and the extra 2-3s of Poison when flanking with Poison Volley (Which, as a Soulbeast, you won't be doing often because you'll be merging with your pet, so they can't tank while you flank). It'll also add more chances to apply Poison, giving you more opportunities to proc Lifesteal for sustain.

Lastly, if you've done a lot of Verdant Brink, definitely look into Superior Rune of Thorns. Better Duration bonus than Rata Sum and stacking Condition Damage buff (+50 per instance) when attacked by Poisoned enemies (And since you pretty much have perma poison uptime, what's not to love about that?).

For the Deadeye build, consider using Marauder over Berserker. For low-HP professions like Thief, Guardian and Ele, Marauder tends to give a much greater sustain-boost than it reduces DPS. On the above build, you'd lose maybe 6-8% DPS but gain about ~50% More HP, helping you upkeep the bonus from Keen Observer even if you're hit with the occasional stray AoE (Since base HP for Thieves is around 11k, taking merely 1.1k in damage removes the bonus Crit Chance). Having Practiced Tolerance traited is key here, as you really cut some losses to Ferocity with it as Marauder gives more Precision than Berserker, which in turn translates to Ferocity with this trait.

Additionally, once you get the hang of simply not getting hit at all, I'd suggest replacing Infiltration Runes with Scholar Runes, as the +10% Damage when above 90% HP synergizes with Keen Observer and can be upkept indefinitely as long as you stay away from enemies.

A note from my personal experience with Open World PvE: Shadow Flare is a real godsend even if it has no stealth. Not only is it a Pulsing AoE bomb that deals good damage, but you can throw it at Melee enemies before firing off at them, only to swap places with it when they run up to get you so they've literally just run in a circle.
I have too many characters...
Posted Oct 31, 17 · Last edited Oct 31, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,777
For the above Soulbeast build, I'd definitely suggest Grieving or Carrion over Marauder. Dagger/Dagger and Shortbow doesn't any particularily big damage multipliers so Ferocity kinda feels lackluster on them, better to make all that Poison you stack hit like a truck with pumped up Condition Damage instead.

Also, consider using Quick Draw over Light on your Feet if you swap weapons often in combat. Shaving 66% of the Cooldown on Double Arc and Poison Volley will really help more with the Poison Uptime than the 10% Condi duration on evade and the extra 2-3s of Poison when flanking with Poison Volley (Which, as a Soulbeast, you won't be doing often because you'll be merging with your pet, so they can't tank while you flank). It'll also add more chances to apply Poison, giving you more opportunities to proc Lifesteal for sustain.

Lastly, if you've done a lot of Verdant Brink, definitely look into Superior Rune of Thorns. Better Duration bonus than Rata Sum and stacking Condition Damage buff (+50 per instance) when attacked by Poisoned enemies (And since you pretty much have perma poison uptime, what's not to love about that?).

I took a look at these and actually decided to do some tests last night. Even without grieving ('cause that shit's expensive and I don't feel like grinding for a new set of armour just yet… 'sides, when I do, I'll make it ascended) I saw a noticeable difference in the build. Even with the Runes of Rata Sum swapped out for Thorns (which are really cheap, by the way, 250 air ship parts and 50 silver, I believe) there was a marked difference. The stacks of poison were greatly improved and I noticed a tick more of lifesteal as well.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Nov 1, 17
Pogs:
+1,873
For all of y'all who didn't feel Deadeye sat right with your Gunslinger idea, I suggest giving this build a try and see if it changes your mind.

Gunslinger

• Build theme: Basically an Action Movie hero with unlimited magazines. Unload for days.
  • Class: Thief (Deadeye)
  • Build for: Open World PvE
  • Build Type: Burst-Damage build, shines when fighting loads of weaker enemies
  • Build difficulty: Easy-Medium, you'll be spamming 1 Skill most of the time but need to manage Initiative for both damage and sustain.
  • Build Link: Here's a Link
  • Build details:

I'm going to blaze past the Stats real quick: This build is based around Damage, so you want Power and Ferocity out the whazoo. You can easily get away with Valkyrie stats on your armor or trinkets, or you could go full Berserker, but sustain is about the same but with different conditions.

First things first: You want to equip 1 Pistol in your Main-hand Slot on the first weapon set, and 1 Pistol in your Off-hand slot on your second weapon set. This is important, as you then gain access to Weapon Swap without actually swapping weapons. As a proper Gunslinger, all you've got are two pieces of cold iron spewing hot lead on your enemies.

Now, onto the key traits:
  • Quick Pockets: Gain 3 Initiative on Weapon Swap - Necessary to keep Initiative flowing. Weapon Swap on Cooldown unless you have full Initiative.
  • Practiced Tolerance + Be Quick or Be Killed: Gain 10% of your Precision as Ferocity + Gain Quickness when you Mark an enemy. Gain +200 Power and Precision when you have Quickness - Massive Burst DPS Boost that renews with each kill.
  • No Quarter vs Invigorating Precision: Gain +250 Ferocity while you have Fury and Critical Hits while under the effects of Fury extends Fury by 2s vs Heal for 15% of outgoing Critical Hit Damage - The Former works better with Soldier or Valkyrie gear, and when facing multiple enemies. The Latter sustains you better against powerful enemies where you can't avoid damage or while using Berserker Gear.

The build's core function is really, really simple: Spam Unload. Use Weapon Swap and Roll for Initiative to replenish Initiative constantly, and Mercy against HP Sponges. Prioritize the weakest enemies first, as Mark replenishes on each kill. If HP sponges summons adds, use Mercy without hesitation to swap the mark onto them. Most regular mobs won't live past 2 Unloads, less so once you've begun stacking Might. You'll have an immense uptime on Quickness, Might, Fury and Swiftness, easily snowballing enemies if there are numerous weaker foes around.

Signet of Agility can be replaced with Signet of Infiltration for even better Initiative Management. Mercy can be replaced with Haste, but their function are basically the same given that you gain all the Boons Haste gets you when you Mark an enemy, and Mercy refreshes your Mark. Shadow Meld can be replaced with any Elite Skill, such as Basilisk Venom when fighting Defiant Bosses. Sigil of Concentration is Hella expensive but very effective in this build, can replaced with just about anything such as Force, Battle or Severance.

When fighting World Bosses, swapping the entirety of your Deadeye traits to the bottom level will let you take the role of a PS warrior for 10 people (as long as you remain 600+ units away from the boss) with ease.
I have too many characters...
Posted Nov 5, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 7
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices