Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 19

[Open RP] This is war.

180 replies
Pogs:
+20
((OOC Rules: Anyone of a military or adventuring nature in a Pact Camp can participate! I'm going to largely be using this as a basis for an IC Questing Group in world, so if you'd like to participate, message me in world or post in here :d Feel free to add new situations or pass time in order to match it with events that happened with in world RP))

Manfred dismissed Sergeant Doan. He looked around the Camp. Just a few companies stationed here, at the moment. The fight against the Mordrem Guard had scarcely waned; resistance was...fierce. Once more, he'd returned to the garrison. In the time they'd been gone, the jungle had largely reclaimed it, their lovely, hellish little section of the Tarnished Coast. The foliage was...thick here. And the enemy, rarely, if ever, fought fair. The miserable conditions, the ambushes and sneak attacks, all of them had cost his unit as well as others dearly. In the Conflict against Zhaitan; they'd been faced with conventional war. And now there was...this. His Krytan Unit, assigned to the Pact, was stationed here with men of the vigil as well as a loose smattering of others, of other orders, volunteers, and Sylvari Scouts. Irreguars became a more common sight these days; adventurers looking for coin or bound by oath or duty.

He rubbed at his, for once, mostly smooth face. He'd managed to locate another razor. His hair was still long, bound in a dirty-blonde ponytail, which bounced as he gave the signal to dismiss his mustered company. Doan had told him that while he was away chaperoning their reinforcements back to them, that the Captain should be expecting another additional influx of troops, Krytan and Otherwise. Some would fight under him as a subordinate, others would fight alongside. Manfred Wulfe cared little; as long as they fought. He'd have two new junior Lieutenants that needed to learn the rigors and risks of command...so many new faces. Would these newcomers to the conflict help or hurt their efforts? The attrition rate was horrendous. Just then, thunder cracked overhead as it began to rain. Manfred sighed, pulling up his thick, scaled hood. He'd never want to -purposely- wear extra clothing in the jungle...but it helped with the rain. Just the same, some men had covered up more, to keep away the biting insects, and others had covered up less, unable to deal with the heat, taking off pauldrons, wearing shin-guards instead of armored boots, armored skirts instead of pants. It didn't exactly look uniform, but it was fairly obvious in the painful lessons the Pact Expeditionary Force had suffered that they were having difficulty flexing to the new situation.

Manfred sighed, and turned to march towards the mess tent. He wanted to get to know some of these new faces...and see who'd be volunteering for something new. An ambush. It was time they went on the offensive. "Damn the rain." he said, looking up past the hood at the storm clouds that peaked through the forest canopy. "Time for payback." he said, trudging through the mud to see who might go and seek a hot meal and shelter from the storm, and who was ready to unleash their own torrent of hate at their mutual enemy.
Posted Oct 27, 15 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+354
((May I? My ranger sylvari is a Vigil warmaster and a wanderer. I'll be roleplaying her))
47a3446c31d7af27.png
bb4679c58cd0d570.png
ca81720e69e8935e.png
e5eec9aa0946d3cf.png
fabb4e23ec9bdfcd.png
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/20134607-tcbg-beth-feywind-permawip-comments-welcome/post/132420751#post_132420751
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/30880464-tc-karigan-gyren
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/31135773-researcher-trixxi/page/1
Posted Oct 27, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+20
((You certainly may :d))
Posted Oct 27, 15 · OP
Pogs:
+2,777
((I would like to join this, so here's my introduction for Avalona.))

As the rain fell, things seemed to grow quiet. Most huddle against the falling rain, trying to find places to keep dry. For the enemy in the jungles, that was a different story. The rain only helped strengthen them. Still, the rain brought just a bit of respite away from the battles. But most wanted it to stop, not to keep dry, but to keep going.

The quiet and calm of the jungle was broken as four Norn carrying injured of various races into the camp. A heavily armoured Asura followed the group with what could only be described as his own krew. Each wore the familiar armour of the Vigil, save for one dark skinned Norn and her snow leopard.

The tallest, a blonde woman who had a pair of axes at her hips, rose to full height after helping a charr find shelter. She removed her helmet and tossled her hair, the eye patch from a previous battle in the Silverwastes most visible. Some had most likely met this woman; others might only have heard of her.

Warmaster Avalona Xanthe.

She was known as one who never left anyone behind. She fought with the tenacity of ten men and inspired her troops to push harder into battle. But she was not one to do so foolishly. She knew when to press attacks and when to retreat.

As the soldiers began helping the wounded, one of the Asura motioned for Avalona. "Warmaster, you need to let me see your eye," he said with a great deal of concern. Avalona nodded in reply, and found a box to sit on before she removed the eye patch. Those watching would see that the eye had been completely removed. The Asura began to carefully clean and apply curatives to the eye socket. "Every twelve hours, Warmaster. You need to keep it clean, especially here in the jungle."

"At least," Avalona said with a small smirk. "Here I von't get dust stuck behind zhe eye patch, hmm?" The Asura only shook his head at the terrible joke and continued his work.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Oct 27, 15 · Last edited Oct 27, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+20
Captain Manfred watched the wounded filter in through the camp. He sighed. He hated to have people to work in the rain, but he called a Lieutenant over from the Sapper Company, the men that House Alorn had so generously provided.

"Take who you need from my company and use your constructs to knock down trees. We need a Palisade up as soon as possible, and nothing less than a trenchworks by nightfall. And...put an overhang on it. It'll keep out arrows and the rain. I'm not too worried about them being able to set fire to wood in this weather."

The Lieutenant nodded, and went to head back to his men. They might be new to war, but the miners that the Ladys Alorn provided certainly knew their business. His attention would have gone to the Asura, and to the Nord. He'd seen her around, before. Just with the Vigil, who used very little distinction in their uniforms, it tended to become difficult to tell who was in charge or who wasn't, mostly Manfred could do so by seeing who was yelling or waving a sword. But he'd yet to see her fight. And she was missing an eye. He grinned, his scar on his chin and under his eye twisting with the motion. Thank the Gods, they were -finally- getting some competent front line officers out here.

Manfred puled his cloak tighter and headed over to Avalona. "No dust. But the humidity won't do it any favors." he said as cheerfully as he could muster. Men and women lost eyes and fingers all the time! He didn't get in the way of the Asura doing his work, though. "I'm Captain Manfred Wulfe, Second Kessex Guard Battalion. As in the -military- guard, not the town Guard." he said with a grin. It was a joke, between soldiers. Guard Companies were elite soldiers, but alot of people (civillians, mostly!) thought that Guard Regiments were...well. Guards. He knew the Warmaster would know the difference; the Vigilites knew their stuff. "Welcome to Camp Hope. Though...heh."...he smiled. "The men call it Forlorn Hope." he said with a shrug. "How long have you been here? I knew they reinforced us while I was away babysitting our replacements. I got a full, fresh platoon from the Vigil for you, as well. Was hoping to find a Warmaster to unload them on."
Posted Oct 27, 15 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,777
Avalona tilted her head only a bit as the Asura cleaned out her eye socket. She smiled spoke as softly as she could.

"Varmaster Avalona Xanthe. Arah Company, Fourth Battalion," she said. "At least, vit myself and zhose remaining from zhe campaigns in Orr." Arah Company was known to have been cobbled together quickly during the fight against Zhaitan. And the Fourth Battalion was one of the groups sent to find the survivors of the Scorchrazor. "My unit and I have been fighting our vay through the Mordrem since we broke through zhe Silvervastes. Maybe... two days. Ve finally received orders from our Grand Varmaster. Sadly... ve lost five of our company." The remaining dozen that had entered the camp; the four Norn, three Charr, and the five man Asuran krew; they all looked as though they'd been through hell.

The Asura piped up as he continued to apply dressing to Avalona's eye socket. "Our company needs to stop and tend to our wounded. Your... Forlorn Hope, as it were, seems to be our brightest hope at present." He stopped as he saw the look from Avalona, a scolding look to be less aggressive with fellow soldiers. "I'm a doctor, Warmaster. When it comes to the care and treatment of the soldiers of this company, I feel that my krew's directives supersede yours."

Avalona smirked and looked to Manfred. "Doctors. No matter zhe race, zhey all feel zhey have a higher duty." She chuckled, a way of letting the Asura know she meant well.
Posted Oct 27, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+20
Nodded as Avalona spoke. "Pleasure to meet you, Warmaster Xanthe." he said to her. And as she spoke about the Veterans, he sighed. "Too true. I was wounded in that last Campaign, myself. When I came back to the Unit, most of the Veterans had been mustered out. A few stayed, but...every day we're here. Fewer and fewer. Ninety percent of the company joined after Zhaitan, and half of the ones now are green. They've got Guard Training, but..."...he shrugged. Replacements either learned or they died. Facts of War.

He looked up as the Vigil Asura spoke, he nodded. "We're one of the furthest outposts on the Coast. We've got a Battalion Strength mixed unit, here. I'm 'Overseeing' the Camp, since there are quite a few officers with equal rank here."...his attention went back to the One-Eyed Warmaster. "You're free to come and go, to plan your own missions and whatever you like. Unless you got orders to stay here, we've got orders to host anyone that comes to visit us. Theres plenty of space, and we're expanding. I just -ask- that if you're going to go on your own Sortie..you let me know. I'd like to go with you." he said with a big grin. "Just the same, I'll inform you of anything we have planned."

As she spoke of the Doctor, he had to have laughed a bit. "They are, aren't they? We've got a support company here, as well as a Sapper company. So that means hot food, fresh water, repairs, and some very experienced doctors and healers here. The lifespan of the average doctor tends to be longer than an infantryman's."

He would have sighed, and said "Anyways. I'd -like- if you, at my kind request... if you would be willing, to take command of the fresh Vigil Platoon that hitched a ride with us. You'd be a better commander in the field for them than I would. And at the very least, the Junior Officer in charge of them could learn a thing or two from you and your veterans. I've got most of mine, regardless of rank, spread out and leading sections of fresh troops. We just can't afford to have officers running off chasing shadows and glory here. It would mean I wouldn't have to yank Sergeants, or equivalent-rank from other units as well."
Posted Oct 27, 15 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,777
Avalona nodded as the Asura finished his work. She put the eye patch back in place and rose to her feet. "I understand your situation. Vhile ve rest I can take command. However, I must add in seven days ve plan on pushing further into the jungle." Ava looked back to her soldiers, some getting treatment for their injuries, others getting food, and a couple having a sleep in the protection of the make shift shelters. "Naturally, should you vish to join us at zhat time, it vould be most velcome." She sighed and rolled her shoulders a bit. "I vill need general specifics of zhose who are here. Some I may have met or served vit in zhe past. Familiarity helps. I must add zhat some in my company are from zhe Durmand Priory. Also, zhere are two Whisper Agents who are still unaccounted for."
Posted Oct 27, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+20
Watched the Norn put the patch over her eye. He still wore his suit of Krytan Protector Armor, family sword at his side. Though the armor had lost it's mirror finish, becoming rather tarnished, he'd let it, as had most of the other Guard, in order to give the Sylvari and other hostiles less of something to shoot at. One could easily tell who was a Veteran among the troops from that alone. He nodded as she spoke.

"This Camp...its not a permanent fixture. We can pack everything but the Palisades here. Next unit that moves through will have a defensible base to operate from. The rest of us will load everything up into Wagons and move up. I've already got scouts and cutting crews out heading to the next site."...he gave the Warmaster a shrug. "An Occupation is going to be the only way to root out the rest of this...madness. So go our orders, anyways. Do you have a specific objective in mind when you advance? Or will you be willing to break camp and move with us?" The Captain saw no reason that their paths should divide...for the moment, anyways. They both had the same objective in mind; he could provide reinforcement and security and rest for her troops and missions, and she could lend military expertise to his.

His gaze followed hers as she looked at her troops. Manfred stared for a few long moments, observing what the Warmaster's Veteran Vigil troopers had done in order to deal with the heat, or the rain, or the humidity. He was an observant type, and always on the lookout for good ideas. Most of the Pact Troopers had no idea how to fight in this enviroment; what they knew, had been learned at a cost. As she made the offer to join them, he would smirk. "If you got a map, I can recall my scouts and cutting crews and relocate our new campsite. We haven't started there yet. We got enough wagons here, and while a few will have to be towed, we have enough animals to keep moving at an expedient pace. I'm sure your men won't mind -riding- to their next objective, yeah?"

He listened to her as she spoke of who was here so far. "We've got almost one-thousand souls here. I can't go through all of them, but I can point out some notables as we come across 'em. My most experienced officer in my -personal- company is Lieutenant Wylliam. Speaking of which, though the battalion is predominately Krytan, we've a few Whisper teams here as well as a full company element of the Vigil. At least now that they've got your platoon." he said with a grin. "Not sure who's in charge of them at the moment...Warmaster Stonefist ran the camp while I was away. It's alot easier to spot Charr officers than human ones. Sylvari, plural, climbed up into the trees. He was a good man, I'll miss him." he admitted with a sigh. "Anyways, I also have a Vigil Lieutenant running one of my other units, as well. Lieutenant Ambralia. She's new as well, but the daughter of an officer. Better grasp of tactics than most. We've got a few of our teams out on patrol...I'm sure you'll see faces and recognize them as they filter in."

But when she said that she had been host to Whisper Agents who were unaccounted for, he said "Not like them to get lost. Where did we lose track of them?" he said. "Two things the local forces seem to do. They try to kill large groups with hit and run tactics, they've learned they can't get past our shield walls so they drop in from the trees or try to blast us at range with spells. Small groups...they'll often go and grab one or two people. We've yet to recover any who were lost...alive, anyways. I can assume they're grabbing them for information; and given the distinctive outfit most Whisper's choose for themselves, it's highly likely that this is the fate that they had suffered. If they've been gone for a few hours, we can attempt to track them. If it's any longer..."...he shook his head. "They grab information when they can, but they aren't desperate for it. We haven't found any evidence of torture, only execution."
Posted Oct 27, 15 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+222
From the edge of the camp, a sylvari trudges out of the jungle. His armor is dented and damaged, with flakes of green paint falling off with each step. On his shoulders and left arm, there are broken leather straps where his cauldrons and gauntlets had once been, and his sword and torch are strapped to his belt by leather thongs, rather than proper sheaths. Even an un-trained soldier would be able to see that the sylvari's armor was not designed for someone fighting in the jungle, it appears to be made of cheap iron, rusting where the paint has fallen away.

When he sees the Pact soldiers in the camp, he raises his hands in surrender, slowly and without a moment's thought. He'd likely run into Pact soldiers in the jungle already and knew the best way to deal with the racism. It was better to swallow his pride than to risk causing trouble, the Pact had enough of that without the internal issues stemming from sylvari. He keeps his hands up as he moves into the camp, then stops, before he reaches the tents. He didn't want anyone shooting him on sight.

His eyes scanned the camp, looking for any sign of a commanding officer, but the slapdash armor of the soldiers threw him off. He swallowed, and kept his hands up, hoping that it was, in-fact, a Pact encampment, and that he wasn't finally losing his mind.
19.jpg
Posted Oct 27, 15
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 19
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices