Recent Threads
Main Forum

Swiching to PS

8 replies
Pogs:
+5
Before I bought the game, I rolled on a non-RP server which turned out to be pretty active in WvW. I am a WvW addict, but I am also a bit annoyed by the fact that I am never placed in the same instance as other players and I wanted to ask how does PS fare on the WvW stage? Is it worth to delete my main and start over or will I end up roaming EB alone?
Yes.
0 votes
0%
No.
1 vote
12.5%
Waffles.
7 votes
87.5%
Number of voters: 8
11.jpg
Posted Jan 13, 16 · OP
Pogs:
+1,030
Alternatively join Wandering Roleplayers guild, make friends, ask for taxi to the right shards. Save hassle :)

(edit : Guesting can increase your chance of being put in the right shard as well.)
5SL4rRy.png
Caelin Nyx aka Betty
Lyra Mitrates-- Lethalisia -- Elin Piper
Posted Jan 13, 16 · Last edited Jan 13, 16
Pogs:
+5
Oh, I did that, my taxi requests are often ignored. :c
11.jpg
Posted Jan 13, 16 · OP
Pogs:
+1,030
Welp, that sort of defeats the point of the guild then I guess. :/ Sorry to hear. In that case try and see if guesting yields some results, else your best hope is transfer/re-roll. Orrrr... find another guild with more attentive people.
5SL4rRy.png
Caelin Nyx aka Betty
Lyra Mitrates-- Lethalisia -- Elin Piper
Posted Jan 13, 16
Pogs:
+2,853
If you are having trouble finding a taxi, I'd say go for it and switch! Getting into the right shard by "accident" just by guesting to PS should get easier when the Wintersday stuff has left DR too.
Posted Jan 13, 16
Pogs:
+5
Don't get it the wrong way. I'm not holding it against y'all.
I understand that more people only means that most will assume that someone else will help, eventhough nobody does, in the end.
11.jpg
Posted Jan 13, 16 · OP
Pogs:
+2,853
wrote:
Don't get it the wrong way. I'm not holding it against y'all.
I understand that more people only means that most will assume that someone else will help, eventhough nobody does, in the end.

It really is unfortunate that you have such experiences. =/ I've been a taxi loads of times myself but can only tell someone needs one if I actually get a whisper! Or, got a whisper, not very active these day. How have you been asking for a taxi? Just posting in the Wandering Roleplayer's chat? Few will actually look at that chat (or will even rep it) so it's terribly easy to miss, the easiest way is really to fill your Friends List with RPers and just whisper someone you see is in the right area. That's what I do myself.
Posted Jan 13, 16
Pogs:
+5
I'll try that. Thanks!
11.jpg
Posted Jan 13, 16 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,293
It depends whether you spend more of your time WvWing or RPing, and if finding random roleplay around Divinity's Reach means more to you than being able to get a decent experience in WvW. Piken Square is in the fifth division right now, and while the WvW community is still alive on PS, it's nowhere near the state of the top three or even the top six servers. We're always outnumbered and night-capped to death when we rise in division. But the game mode isn't exactly popular right now, and the overhaul might see things change.

It's kind of odd that people ignore your taxi requests. Maybe people just aren't looking at the WRP guild chat, if you're only asking there. It's often full of chatter that is disruptive to roleplay, so I have it hidden in a tab by itself. It's rare that I need to ask for taxi since I'm on PS already, but when I do, I organise the online roster by location and whisper people directly. It might seem like pestering, but hey, that's the point of the guild, and I've never had anyone refuse to taxi me to date.
Posted Jan 13, 16 · Last edited Jan 13, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices