Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 3

Welcome to Tyria! (A beginner's guide for getting into RP in GW2.)

27 replies
Pogs:
+1,181
wrote:
If this is a guide for new players/in general, I'd include a little bit about the difference between Say channel and emote channel.
If you check under the Chat section I added last night, there's a handy "Chat Channels" spoiler with all the chat channels and their /commands, and what they're usually used for in regards to RP. It also specifically states, "Emote has the second longest range of the public channels, with emotes made at one end of a Divinity's Reach district being visible at the other."

Maybe I should find a way to make it more visible?
I'd suggest including the relevant information about F2P account restrictions and how it may impact roleplay.
I'll definitely look those up. I did touch on their restriction from using /e, in my chat section, but that's basically all I mentioned about them. Thank you.
~~~Kai's Characters~~~
Alexykai (Kai) | Tumblr
Kefira Vega
Lilyannah Riordan | Tumblr
Jester the Plush | Tumblr
Krynna Presper-Stormcloud | Tumblr
Neyanna Essendar
Emuishyre Essendar
Viranya Essendar
Cassiellah Griffin
Teirwyn
Posted May 5, 16 · OP
Pogs:
+1,513
wrote:
wrote:
If this is a guide for new players/in general, I'd include a little bit about the difference between Say channel and emote channel.
If you check under the Chat section I added last night, there's a handy "Chat Channels" spoiler with all the chat channels and their /commands, and what they're usually used for in regards to RP. It also specifically states, "Emote has the second longest range of the public channels, with emotes made at one end of a Divinity's Reach district being visible at the other."

Maybe I should find a way to make it more visible?
I'd suggest including the relevant information about F2P account restrictions and how it may impact roleplay.
I'll definitely look those up. I did touch on their restriction from using /e, in my chat section, but that's basically all I mentioned about them. Thank you.

Ah, I had that wrote up other day and merely glanced through the post after you edited. Probably missed it. :) Just got back from 12+ hour shift so details might disappear for me hehe.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted May 5, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,181
Added a section about free accounts, and added (under the chat section) a part about how to continue posts which exceed chat limit.
~~~Kai's Characters~~~
Alexykai (Kai) | Tumblr
Kefira Vega
Neyanna Essendar
Emuishyre Essendar
Viranya Essendar
Cassiellah Griffin
Teirwyn
Posted May 5, 16 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,181
Now that this has been up here for a few days, I want to ask if there's anything else that anybody would like to see covered here. I'm more than willing to work with people on what new players may want or need to know. (Also I'm kinda just shamelessly bumping this thread, but hey, at least I'm not just saying 'bump'. ;) )
~~~Kai's Characters~~~
Alexykai (Kai) | Tumblr
Kefira Vega
Neyanna Essendar
Emuishyre Essendar
Viranya Essendar
Cassiellah Griffin
Teirwyn
Posted May 9, 16 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,181
Added a piece of Angel McCoy's interview with Espirits d'Orr under the Tips and Community Consensus section for how accessible magic is in Tyria (Thank you, Valrethia), and a link in the helpful links area of that section to the interview that ANet did with 2RP.
~~~Kai's Characters~~~
Alexykai (Kai) | Tumblr
Kefira Vega
Neyanna Essendar
Emuishyre Essendar
Viranya Essendar
Cassiellah Griffin
Teirwyn
Posted May 10, 16 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+176
What a monster this hath become! Good thing it's easy to navigate.
Posted May 11, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,181
I'm considering adding a section on RP hotspots, and I'd appreciate input on that. I've got the DR bars, but I know absolutely nothing about RP outside of DR, or even non-bar spots in DR.
~~~Kai's Characters~~~
Alexykai (Kai) | Tumblr
Kefira Vega
Neyanna Essendar
Emuishyre Essendar
Viranya Essendar
Cassiellah Griffin
Teirwyn
Posted May 19, 16 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,710
The Priory library in DR is a lovely little place I've seen people in several times, but I hate to call it a hotspot, exactly. There's the hunting lodge in Queensdale, the Serrated Blade in BC, the Shaemoor inn, the Great Lodges though I'm not sure how popular they are these days, the bar thingy area in RS with the fish tanks, and uninstanced Dreamer's Terrace.
0383DKg.png
Posted May 19, 16
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,181
I've got a new FInding RP section with a list of some of the RP hotspots. I still need information about those though. That will be updated frequently, I'm sure.
~~~Kai's Characters~~~
Alexykai (Kai) | Tumblr
Kefira Vega
Neyanna Essendar
Emuishyre Essendar
Viranya Essendar
Cassiellah Griffin
Teirwyn
Posted May 20, 16 · OP
Pogs:
+1,181
Snip!
Had a little crisis, it's fine now.
~~~Kai's Characters~~~
Alexykai (Kai) | Tumblr
Kefira Vega
Neyanna Essendar
Emuishyre Essendar
Viranya Essendar
Cassiellah Griffin
Teirwyn
Posted Jun 4, 16 · OP · Last edited Jun 9, 16
Page
of 3
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices