Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 9

[NA] Cordial Calamities - Public Nightmare Parties!(Caledon Forest)(5/18)

87 replies
Pogs:
+4,255
Benefactor
Wreck the halls!

elementaryfoxtrotbasicsnewwavepaperinserts39_by_agentmoore-dbxc7ve.png

Come home to Unity's Den and witness the work of the tireless Hysteria Courtiers and contractors. Everything seems to have been frozen in time -- literally.

A veritable geode of glittering fun house ice walls and crystalline furniture, everything has been turned into a crisp winter wonderland! Grab a jacket or a cup of hot cider and swing by for the latest gossip and guffaws. Punch carolers. Pick candy canes off of the trees. Corner that cute boy you've been seeing at Calamities for almost a year and tell him how you really feel.

Who knows; maybe tonight's the night you finally kill him.

Feeling adventurous? Pick a fight with any of Hysteria's numerous and stern-looking Court Guards (Pathing Norn; use your imagination) or try your luck on Hysteria's freshly-poured skating rink.

They recommend ignoring the large, slow-moving shadow swimming under the surface.

giphy.gif

January's calamity will take place on

Friday, January 19th
at
8PM EST
in
Veins of the Dragon, Hoelbrak
(Being RPed as Unity's Den in Caledon)
Hero's Compass Waypoint

Getting There
Main Map

This month's theme will be: Reflect & Refract

I will be around before the event to get everyone taxi'd to the proper IP and equipped with mittens.
Posted Dec 20, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 24, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,255
Benefactor
This is happening today!

8PM EST

tumblr_op6xyyCqPv1vsjcxvo1_r1_500.gif
Please review the FAQ in the first post for information about the setting as well as how non-Courtiers can attend!

I will be online before event time to help everyone get settled in the right IP shard.

---

Tonight's IP address is:
34.237.45.241:0

Tonight's theme is:
REFLECT & REFRACT

Maps of the area:
Getting There
Main Map

Squad markers have been added to help identify different entertainments.
Here is a legend of the markers and their meanings:

Spoiler: Show

---

Setting Posts:

Have you come to chill at Unity's pad?

It'll be hard not to.

Frost licks at the vines and leaves leading to the area, and the interior is bathed in arctic hues. Everything appears to be crafted from ice and crystal. The walls are jagged, smooth-faced shards of mirror-like ice, providing disturbing and comical reflections. Artful Sylvari sculptures hold appetizers and lanterns, though closer inspection reveals them to be living prisoners trapped in Elemental ice. Courtiers skate across a particularly smooth patch of this ice in the center of the den, and glinting crystal furniture is peppered all around.

Chimes can occasionally be heard, ringing from distant places and vibrating across the crystals embedded in the ceiling. It's as if the cave is one giant glass harp.

Numerous bonfires flicker in the otherwise crisp cavern.

Duchess' Speech:
Standing at the top of her icy vantage, the Duchess laughs brightly. Her voice is amplified, carrying across the den.

"Good evening! I hope everyone dressed warmly!"

Some people did not. There is coughing and shivering to draw attention to them.

"Now, my pets, I would like you all to remember why you are here. Reflect upon the Nightmare and aim its teachings toward this woeful and wonderfully wild world!"

She licks her lips and retires the 'w's for a moment.

"Indulge in my home and the company of my Court. Explore these caverns and share in our wealth. But take care: Do not become infatuated with yourself as you pass my mirror walls. If you stare too closely, they may stare back!"

A sharp crack sounds from the ceiling, sending a spray of harmless ice crystals (and several not-harmless Ice Spiders) down on the crowd below.
Posted Jan 19, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 19, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,255
Benefactor
We're just getting warmed up!

cordialcaboom_by_agentmoore-dc4ozk2.png

Unity is apparently not tired of getting down, and she's gotten all fired up again for the month of March.

Her crystal palace is melting, and her ice Elementalists are nowhere to be found! She has made the best of it by having a river installed through the middle of her home to contain the constant runoff, but puddles and dripping cave walls abound in the crumbling beauty of her winter den.

To distract from the fact that some of her decorating staff have been captured by Wardens, she is totally playing all of this off as if it were on purpose, and has planned a massive costume party to commemorate the changing of the seasons. Guests are encouraged to dress as memorable figures of the world, including fearsome beasts and members of other races, and it has been hinted that a prize awaits the best-dressed attendee!

(By the way, are you really good at outwitting Wardens and facing them down in battle? She might have a teensy weensy little job for you.)

March's calamity will take place on

Friday, March 16th
at
8PM EST
in
Bonerattler Caverns, Harathi Hinterlands
Faun Waypoint

Getting There
Main Map
Retinue Lounge Map

This month's theme will be: The Thaw

I will be around before the event to get everyone taxi'd to the proper IP and warned about the dangers of swimming after eating.
Posted Mar 1, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+402
Bump!
Posted Mar 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,255
Benefactor
This is happening today!

8PM EST

8d8711527b7461ea557c8026417a4497.gif

DON'T FORGET:

The Duchess has asked attendees to dress in costumes of their favorite people and creatures, promising a prize to the best in show.

Please review the FAQ in the first post for information about the setting as well as how non-Courtiers can attend!

I will be online before event time to help everyone get settled in the right IP shard.

---

Tonight's IP address is:
34.228.109.134:0

Tonight's theme is:
"The Thaw"

Maps of the area:
Getting There
Main Map
Retinue Lounge Map

---

Setting Posts:

Winter is going, and with it much of Unity's precious ice cavern!

Most of the ceiling has melted over the past month and a half, leaving party-goers (mostly) safe from any threat of falling chunks. Still, the walls are covered by thin ice and running water, some of which has been punctured by Sylvan-made sconces.

Courtiers fill the trickling alcoves of the den and gather around the food and drink displays, dressed in flashy costumes and lethal armor. A constant river digs its way through the center of the area, curving in wild and branching ways around stepping stones that have been grown from large mushrooms across these gushing rapids.

Duchess' Speech:

The Duchess raises her arms, cheering at the crowd,

"HELLO!"

"I hope everyone remembered to bring their finest costumes! A prize shall be awarded to the best-dressed Sylvari of the evening, so let us hope that your senses of fashion are as sharp as your smiles. And to those who are here for business, I have just come into the possession of several job offers for those who are not afraid to go home~"

"Lastly, be advised: There is to be absolutely no tampering with /that/."

A long, costumed claw is pointed toward the back of the den where curls of mist are rippling out of a shadowy thorn cage with no door. A length of thick chain can be seen bolted directly into the stone of the floor, disappearing into the depths of the holding cell.

Clasping her hands together, the Duchess smiles from within her ugly mask.

"You are now free to roam!"
Posted Mar 16, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,255
Benefactor
Mother's Day has come and gone.

uhohspaghettiocalamity_by_agentmoore-dcbj1gm.png

Great! That means we can mock her!

Unity's mission to reclaim her missing Hysteria Courtiers was a smashing success. Thanks to the help of some brave freelancers, all of her staff is safe, sound, and turning her Den into the party house she doesn't necessarily deserve but the one she needs right now. They also say they've brought home 'quality prizes' with them which will be dispersed during the event.

Step into a near-perfect recreation of the Grove's night garden complete with the sights and sounds of home. Roving wildlife, free-flowing nectar, and Firstborn cosplayers are just some of what is to be expected. Attendees are encouraged to stick it to mom by dressing up as sweet, innocent Dreamers while continuing to be the awful people they really are.

May's calamity will take place on

Friday, May 18th
at
8PM EST
in
Peachy Stumps, Caledon Forest
Caledon Haven Waypoint

Getting There
Main Map
Retinue Lounge Map

This month's theme will be: Homecoming

I will be around before the event to get everyone taxi'd to the proper IP and outfitted with crappy flower crowns.
Posted May 14, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,255
Benefactor
This is happening today!

8PM EST

giphy.gif

DON'T FORGET:

The Duchess has asked attendees to dress as Dreamers and Firstborn for maximum mocking power.

---

Tonight's IP address is:
18.204.50.126:0

Tonight's theme is:
"Homecoming"

Maps of the area:
Getting There
Main Map
Retinue Lounge Map

---

Setting Posts:

Tonight, Unity's Den is the spitting image of the Grove at night. Kind of. A pathway of silver leaves cuts through this mocking recreation, wreathed in circular terraces, lamplit leaves, and curling blossoms. Several small streams carve trails of their own throughout the leafen expanse, and fireflies buzz idly in the air.

And then there are the props: Life-sized wooden cutouts of popular Grove personalities are posed all around (and usually in unflattering positions), thousands of terrible paper butterflies are affixed to nearly every surface, and a confused deer is walking through the Den with a 'Hello, my name is Ventari' sign hanging over its sides.

To one side of the main chamber is what appears to be a rendition of Danador's kennels, for its vined pens are full of Nightmare Pups and other creatures one might be wary about petting. To the other side are three studious little 'Saplings', seated in the grass while a traditionally-dressed 'Mentor' teaches them about Ventari's Tablet in all the wrong ways.

Multiple people are challenging one another to complete an obstacle course located on the far wall. The path of this course is riddled with loose stones, swinging vines, and the foreboding presence of a fat Elonian Scaled Drake lurking in a deep cut of water beneath said vines.

A gold piece and a cupcake await any who brave the challenge.

Arrival:

The Duchess begins her march toward a leafy podium erected near the entrance of the Den.

She is dressed in a familiar yellow gown, and a telltale blossom has replaced her branchy hair. Several guards follow her, dressed as Omphalos Chamber Attendants. A piercing spotlight streaks down from the ceiling, following her every move while Hysteria Courtiers pipe out the Pale Tree's lullaby on kazoos.

Actual kazoos.

Duchess' Speech:

The Duchess lifts her arms, small clouds of pollen flying from her fingertips.

"My children~" she calls dramatically.

Her arms return daintily to her sides.

"Welcome home. I've been expecting all of you! My, how you've grown."

She offers a cat-like grin, peering at the many faces in the crowd; some of them look suspiciously like badly-cosplayed Caithes and Faolains -- There's even a second-hand Malomedies out there!

"Tonight, you are to play in my garden and, as your mother, I will remind you that there is to be no running, no biting, and no impropriety."

She winks very obviously at the group, as if to imply the opposite.

"Later tonight, I have some special friends to introduce to you. I promise they are brave and exciting~"

She bats her lashes.

"Now run along, my dears!" she says, fluffing her gown, "Go forth and make me proud as you flutter through your prison- I mean your Grove! And remember: All things have a right to PARTY!!!"
Posted May 18, 18 · OP · Last edited Sun at 8:12
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,255
Benefactor
This month's party saw an attendance of roughly 10 people from at least three different guilds. Guests included a Norn, a Human, a Dreamer, and several captured Wardens.

thepeetree_by_agentmoore-dcc1uyo.jpg

Highlights of the evening included:

A Skale, determined to get that kebab
Praying to the wrong gods
Improper grabbing of dresses
Proper grabbing of dresses
A not-quite-pale tree
Nightmare Pups that just couldn't wait to be king
The return of "The Butler"
A lazy spotlight attendant
Kazoos
Courtiers struggling to keep a straight face
Courtiers easily keeping a gay face
Wardens having a Bad Time
An extremely concerned deer

Notable chatter of the night:

"Where food goes, so too shall I!"
"Decisions, decisions."
"BETRAYER!"
"Obviously, I am the Pale Mother. Ruler of all Sylvari. Most important of all pink trees!"
"They're here. I see the butterflies."
"Behave yourself, nut."
"My Dwayna thing! She's escaping!"
"I thought we spent all of our budget on the Skale."

thepeetree2_by_agentmoore-dcc1uye.jpg

Thanks for coming, and stay tuned for another Calamity in July!
Posted Sun at 09:54 am · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 9
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices