Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 3

A bonfire in Hoelbrak. [Open]

22 replies
Pogs:
+275
(( This just suddenly hit me as an idea, feel free to come on in and enjoy. Be aware, if you have not played any of the recent Living Story Chapter 3, there will be spoilers below. ))

The sun begins to dim, slowly making its way behind the tall mountains of the Shiverpeaks to show off the starry skies to the Norn of Hoelbrak. As the day continued to darken, large bonfires and torches had begun to be lit by the patrolling Wolfborn, even at the days end the vast homestead continued to thrive through its nightly routine of moots and feasts.

Along the lower balcony are scattered bonfires with stools, chairs and stone benches. The common people gather here to bring word and tell tales among themselves. One of these bonfires sits an old Norn with thin grey hair and a large mug of Hunter's Ale in hand.

"The tooth.. the tooth has cracked!" The old man would shout, taking a long drink from his ale afterwards.
"That boy has found the way.. nothing but an arrow! What comes of it now? What comes of the Norn but to march forth and take back our lands!"

Sample Introduction. Name - Khorthall Ironliver, Tall, broad and bearded. Occupation - Brewmaster extraordinaire and Guardian. Popularity - Known by many traders and craftsmen and through his famous 'Bear's Bellow' brew, nearly all common drinkers have heard of him within the Shiverpeaks. Sample Introduction.

Khorthall took a seat with a mug of his own in hand, raising it to the old man who raised it in return as a respectful greeting as he would respond, "The tooth is cracked but there is more to be done. No doubt word has reached the Sons of Svanir, would be a good time as any to try and convince them to join us and destroy this frozen lizard." They both shared a laugh and spoke boldly.

Who else would hear them? Who else would come to the fire...
Posted Jan 29, 17 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,002
As the sun pass over the mountain ranges, and the shadow creeps forward, a tall figure, clad in black fur armor, alongside two wolves- One grey-black and one white as snow The cubs grew worried as the figure of this norn appears, other intrested in this figure as he comes to the bonfire, his face disguised in a metal mask that looks like that of a wolf:

''So I've heard and seen.. Wolf's bloody fangs, does this mean that it's time for the Norn to unite, behead that dragon and mount it on the wall of The Great Lodge? If this is true, then Wolf's Wrath shall finally pierce the Dragon's hide!''

*Introduction; Jorund Wolfkin- Known to many as the ''Wolf-Norn'', the hunter, tracker and slayer who do battle and hunt in the name of his semi-fanatical reverance of Wolf's guidance beside his battle-companions, the wolves Fenris (The Grey one) and Hroki (The White one). He's hunted all across Tyria and told much of Wolf's wisdom to the races of Tyria*

Jorund fills his drinking horn with ale, and salutes those who are the bonfire.

'The Strength of the Pack! Let the howls echoes that the Fang has been cracked, and we shall all see that Wolf guide us to the Norn's victory over Jormag!''

He then chuckles under his mask and lets out a howl that echoes over Hoelbrak, joined by his companions, who knows that might hear the howls and joined those at the bonfire..
1502033115_LogoMakr-layerExport.png
Posted Jan 29, 17 · Last edited Jan 29, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+353
A lithe sylvari with a wolf at her side came into view, a slight smile on her face. "It's a marvel how fast word can travel all over Tyria, if one knows how to listen... So it's true. I didn't expect this at all." The wolf at her side yelped, seeming to agree with her.

*Introduction- Name: Beth Feywind, tall for a sylvari, lithe and scarred from battle. Occupation: Warmaster, hunter and wanderer. Known by many Vigil and Pact for her determination, courage and tenacity, also known by many non-adventurers due to seeing her often, wandering.*

Beth held her longbow at her side with one hand, scratching Faolan's ears with the other. "I won't be surprised if at least the Vigil join forces with the hunters and huntresses who will no doubt fight Jormag. It'll be yet another part of my story..." Faolan yelped again, his tail swiping along the ground. The scarred sylvari smiled again. "I hope we'll all be alive to see a day without the looming shadow of these dragons."
47a3446c31d7af27.png
bb4679c58cd0d570.png
ca81720e69e8935e.png
e5eec9aa0946d3cf.png
fabb4e23ec9bdfcd.png
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/20134607-tcbg-beth-feywind-permawip-comments-welcome/post/132420751#post_132420751
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/30880464-tc-karigan-gyren
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/31135773-researcher-trixxi/page/1
Posted Jan 30, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+275
The older man would laugh, "HAH! The Vigil! The Pact! They are lost now since they went to that vine-mangled jungle! It's up to us to be the heroes now! The Norn shall take their place to finish off the last of these scaled beasts and all their minions for it!" He followed by chugging the rest of his ale as some of it would leak from his chin.

Khorthall would smirk at the man while raising his mug to the others that had approached as he spoke himself, "This old man brings up a point... we may have Braham and his arrows but no doubt we'll be facing an army up ahead.. it's getting him to Jormag that will be the challenge.. along with piercing the beast's heart. This may be more difficult with the Pact gone.."

Khor gave a shrug while taking a few more gulps from his mug before giving a laugh, "Not like that would stop me from heading North that is! Hah!"
Posted Feb 1, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+965
A tall norn walked into the area with long, braided hair to his shoulders and a mixture of furs and armored plating adorning his body to protect his vitals, but offer enough mobility to run and dash across a battlefield and an, almost burning zeal, emanating from his ice-blue eyes as he stroked the beads that adorned his beard.

"We still have the Spirits and each other. And no doubt there are pockets of resistance further north with the kodan."

Name - Aldrec Raghnvard, Tall, white/slightly tanned norn adorned in dark grey/blue wrappings and black and white furs with dull/dark grey-blue metal plating along his his shoulder and along his legs and a tail-cape/kama and more furs/wrappings/leather around his boots to match. He wears a longsword with an oaken hilt and a black leather scabbard and a quiver and longbow on his back. On his exposed breast can be seen a tattoo of a hand print with the tips bearing small clawed tips. Along his hip he has a weathered Kjarten Wolf Amulet (dark base metal with tarnished iron along the frame that comes to the center from the bottom to form a howling wolf head in the center) fastened to the wrappings/belt.

Occupation - Nomadic Warrior, Arena Champion and Guardian of the Wilds.

Popularity - Denfather of Veorhorgr. Battles the Svanir and protects the Spirits and their kin from their vile corruption. Battled in many arenas across Tyria, including the grand opening of the human's Grand Pavillion. Took second place in the Ale Drinking Championships in Hoelbrak (won his bow). Aids the Priory from time to time in their spelunking of ruins and ancient caves in the Shiverpeaks and helps with runic translations of old norn texts. Proud, boisterous spirit that guides others lost in the mountains and shares his fires with those who come in peace. Fought in the Scarlet Wars against the Molten Alliance, her twisted mechinations and helped retake Lion's Arch. Travels Tyria to find challenges to pit his prowess against.

He took a seat beside Khorthall, "If you're thinking of going that far north then I'm coming too.", he boasted with a warm smile as his form radiated with confidence.
Guild Wars 2 - Tarnished Coast (EST, USA)

I.D. - abelkmr.1549

Posted Feb 1, 17 · Last edited Feb 1, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+353
Beth puffs a turquoise leaf out of her face. "Just because many were lost in the jungle doesn't mean there aren't others, as well as those who were with the Pact and lived to tell the tale outside of the jungle. I was on one of the airships that crashed. I'm still surprised I stayed lucid through that ordeal..." She knelt, not bothered by the snow at all, and laid her longbow on her lap. "But it's not something I wish to recount so soon. I'm one of those blossoms that doesn't wilt unless under duress that's much worse than what I've gone through already, so I'll be going too. It's my duty as a warmaster...." Faolan yelps before bumping her shoulder with his head and she fondles his ears. Though her voice was husky and low, determination and strength could be heard in it, as well as seen in the way she held herself.
47a3446c31d7af27.png
bb4679c58cd0d570.png
ca81720e69e8935e.png
e5eec9aa0946d3cf.png
fabb4e23ec9bdfcd.png
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/20134607-tcbg-beth-feywind-permawip-comments-welcome/post/132420751#post_132420751
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/30880464-tc-karigan-gyren
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/home/m/2737230/viewthread/31135773-researcher-trixxi/page/1
Posted Feb 2, 17
Pogs:
+2
A female norn steps into view, her shortbow slung across her back and the tip of her snow-white braid nearly trailing the ground. A young golden eagle wheels in slow circles overhead, and as his master makes herself comfortable at the bonfire, he would flutter down towards her. She lifts a gloved forearm for him to land on, and his talons grip the thick leather for purchase as he makes his way to stand on her shoulder. Thus settled, the norn trails her pale green gaze over the others seated at the fire, listening to their banter for a silent moment.

Gudrun Snowbrand - a young but experienced huntress in her mid-20's who has spent most of her life in the frozen north. So named for the white, intricate tattoos inked onto her skin, she is a striking sight, her long hair nearly matching in its pale hue. Though Gudrun is still trying to make her legend, she is coming to be known for the skilled tracker that she is, and never returns home without at least one successful kill to boast.

Giving her eagle's beak an affectionate tweak, she says, "I, too, will be joining such an excursion...to put down the elder ice dragon would weave quite a chapter in one's story, no? Perhaps it will be my arrow that pierces the lizard's heart." She gives a fierce grin. "I'll settle for an eye, though." Grabbing the flask from her belt, she gives the vessel a long swig.
Gudrun Snowbrand • Norn huntress
Morwyen • Sylvari scout
Posted Feb 3, 17 · Last edited Feb 3, 17
Pogs:
+275
The old Norn pointed a fat finger at Beth and shook his head, "HAH! That's just grand is it not? We have our cowardly bandits, the Charr legion of flickering flames causing havoc and even our own people worshipping an Elder Dragon but the moment people find out about you plantfolk it's like the world is at its end and we must chop you all down like trees!" He shook his head and leaned over to refill his mug from the tap of a large keg just behind him, "You all became corrupt just like we did but there's a lot of you who had enough strength to resist.. shouldn't be any news to no one!"

Khorthall pondered the old mans words before giving a shrug, he had a point after all. He would then raise his mug to those that approached, giving a welcoming nod to sitting beside him and the young woman, "Well I'm sure all of us would make the journey when it comes to it.. to not only get rid of Jormag but to see what we can salvage of our long lost home. If there is anything left of it.." He shrugs to himself and downs what was left of his ale before wiping away at the droplets in his beard.

Khorthall then looked to Beth, "I am curious how many of you Sylvari managed to make it out of the jungle.. and what of your Pale tree? I hear tales that she rotted away."
Posted Feb 5, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+353
"Indomitable willpower, simply put. Some had it, some didn't. I have the blood of many corrupted sylvari on my hands..... As far as Mother is concerned, she's recovering, slowly but surely. I may seem flippant about it, but in truth, it's still rather painful." She smiles wryly. "We sylvari may seem weak at first glance, especially after what happened, but you'd be surprised how strong we can really be. Those of us with a fair amount of clout in the Orders are working to at least repair the trust, if not totally reforge it."
47a3446c31d7af27.png
bb4679c58cd0d570.png
ca81720e69e8935e.png
e5eec9aa0946d3cf.png
fabb4e23ec9bdfcd.png
Posted Feb 6, 17
Pogs:
+2
Out for some fresh air or at least that’s what he tells himself. Cold wisps slap his body, still not use to his current master’s conditions as of yet. With thick clothes surrounding his frame, he finds some comfort, yet, he rubs his arms, still not satisfied. He slowly meanders towards a bonfire, one that seems to have a decent collection of folks gathered by.

*Introduction: Gishten and male Sylvari of middle age look and of young experience within the waking world. A butler by occupation and tinker by hobby, he roams the lands for employers that will allow him to serve their households. Currently off duty, the male is with simple clothing and heavy jacket of grey color. His leaf color combination is of reds, oranges, and a bit of yellow. Leaves/hair pulled back in a loose ponytail. Facial twigs lining his face giving him a neatly kept facial hair appearance.*

“Our strength comes in many forms. I hear tales of it.” He nods towards the other Sylvari in agreement, if he overhears their conversation as he enters. He pauses before pulling his coat closer towards himself, wrapping ever tighter in the heavy fabric. At least the fire and some company around helps, for now anyway.
Posted May 11, 17 · Last edited May 11, 17
Page
of 3
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices