No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 11

[EU] The WvW Alliance - Many Guilds Make Glory!

104 replies
Pogs:
+360
Benefactor
WvWlogo.png

WvW is going to be a major element of Guild Wars 2, but as yet there are no systems in place for uniting RPers who want to fight together, either IC or OOC. With that in mind, the idea of a WvW unofficial alliance has formed, for guilds or individual members to join in order to work together and show that RPers can fight too!

Communication would likely be through a combination of in and out of game chat channels (those channels have not yet been determined, but will almost certainly include VOIP in some form), and we would aim to bring together multiple small units which coordinate together but work independently to take on multiple targets at once, guerilla style. Guilds will be used to working and fighting together, but by communicating effectively with each other, we will be able to have a greater influence overall. RP guilds are usually smaller than the PvP type, so we hope to come some way to overcoming this obstacle and have a real presence in the WvW part of the game.

Currently the plan is not to have a dedicated WvW guild, although if there is demand one can be created with the above name. If a suitable alliance system is implemented, we would look to tying to link guilds that WvW together using it, with the IC concept that to defend [eventual EU RPing Server] from untold foes, even rival guilds must put aside their differences and work together. We wouldn't be requiring everyone to be IC all or even most of the time, but would plan to have some RP during combat for those who wish to.

Allied Guilds/Players section added! Please let me know whether you are interested as an individual player or as a representative of your guild - and what your guild is - so that I can place you in the right section!

Allied Guilds

The Clockwise Collective
Shattersteel Detachment - Soldier Branch
With the Wind

Allied Players

Aldrian
Azendi
Batar Banesight
Bliss
Cyanide
Diavel
Fiennes
Nymphia
SkyBoundFencer
Vexx
Posted May 6, 12 · OP · Last edited Jun 7, 12
Pogs:
+85
I support this idea and am keen to claim a tower or other W v W area for my guild!
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+2
Absolutely behind this idea, will be nice to have people I can turn to to squad up for WvW!
Marcus Brand - Mesmer
Adelina Thorne - Guardian
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+16
From what I saw, groups are essential in WvW and the more people in the group, the better result...so I would deffinetly support this idea...lets show them what are RP people made of! :evil:
Aillios Wolfscar
Baine Mountaintop
Ailos Count
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+205
Benefactor
Great idea!
bliiissss.png

Join the Unofficial European RP Community Server!
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+49
Sounds great! I was skeptical of the PvP in GW2 at first, but watching videos of some awesome WvW battles changed it all around. Although I do think we need some form of OOC voice com to coordinate attacks that much quicker and be more efficient in our endeavors.
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+157
Count the Wings in :) We were always for something like this <3

a5553902d590b7d9.png
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+236
Sounds great to me, :) and for voice chat check out C3, tis awesome... And I should work for their marketing department xD
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+2
Kuma wrote:
Sounds great! I was skeptical of the PvP in GW2 at first, but watching videos of some awesome WvW battles changed it all around. Although I do think we need some form of OOC voice com to coordinate attacks that much quicker and be more efficient in our endeavors.

There's always Skype or a Teamspeak server :)

Or what Renaise said (Haha! Sneaky edit)
Marcus Brand - Mesmer
Adelina Thorne - Guardian
Posted May 6, 12
Pogs:
+85
The EU community has teamspeak, though its run by a member so he would need to be involved or online at the time. I am sure we could work something out.

Additionally, i am interested in the rp opportunities that W v W can offer. As we can go to other servers, we can negotiate with the other two servers who we are tagged up against...perhaps siding with one to assault the keep of the other. The politics of it all could be much fun, especially if there are rp guilds on the other servers who would like to join in.
Posted May 6, 12
Page
of 11
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices