No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 11

[EU] The WvW Alliance - Many Guilds Make Glory!

104 replies
Pogs:
+360
Benefactor
It would be especially interesting if they did go for cross-region match-ups, and we were versus the NA server at some point.
Posted May 6, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+236
Chronometria wrote:
The EU community has teamspeak, though its run by a member so he would need to be involved or online at the time. I am sure we could work something out.

Well I only suggest C3 because it is free, and doesnt have a user limit, though Im not sure if TS (Ive never used it) costs anything, I do believe it has a limit to the people who can join.
Posted May 6, 12 · Last edited May 8, 12
Oh how could I miss this! FULL SUPPORT! *Salutes*

As for Teamspeak, there has been talk that upon release, we will try to get some donations to rent a larger server. I think it's around 10 dollars a month (around 6 quid?) :)
Posted May 8, 12
Pogs:
+84
Yay, I am like a the offspring of Aries and Cupid lol good luck my EU brothers and sisters on your realms conquest of the mists! I was inspired by this thread to do the same on the NA side, :idea: maybe we can trade notes as either of us grow :d
2wqh45d.jpg
Posted May 8, 12
Pogs:
+236
Azendi wrote:

As for Teamspeak, there has been talk that upon release, we will try to get some donations to rent a larger server. I think it's around 10 dollars a month (around 6 quid?) :)

Sometimes I feel like noone ever listens to me :p
Posted May 8, 12
The issue with C3 is not many people have ever heard of it, I know I haven't and can't even find out any information on it as a hosting service on-line. As a result you are not really appealing to a very wide audience. Although TeamSpeak has as cost most people have heard of it even if they have not currently got it installed.
Posted May 8, 12
Renaise wrote:
Azendi wrote:

Sometimes I feel like noone ever listens to me :p

Fear not, I read it. And what Erin said. :) It's just easier to use something more mainstream. I'd personally prefer Ventrilo, but TS3 works too.
Posted May 8, 12
Pogs:
+236
I guess I dont really get the whole "its easier to use something mainstream" angle, especially if the free alternative is actually better, lesser known or not it costs nothing to try it out. /shrug well whatever people feel like I guess XD
Posted May 8, 12
Renaise wrote:
I guess I dont really get the whole "its easier to use something mainstream" angle, especially if the free alternative is actually better, lesser known or not it costs nothing to try it out. /shrug well whatever people feel like I guess XD

Personally, I didn't even manage to get on C3s page... :x

I know some people are a bit skeptical toward using voice chat/even installing programs on their PC. I'm personally not, but I've known from the past that it's a pain to convince certain people. Some already have Teamspeak and/or Ventrilo, so that saves the hassle.

I tried mumble but didn't understand it one bit, so I'm happy to stick with TS/Vent. Even if it costs a very meagre amount every month considering we're somewhere between 60-70 people now. :) That, or we could always just find someone who is willing to leave their PC on 24/7 lol.
Posted May 8, 12
Pogs:
+205
Benefactor
Chronometria wrote:
The EU community has teamspeak, though its run by a member so he would need to be involved or online at the time. I am sure we could work something out.

Additionally, i am interested in the rp opportunities that W v W can offer. As we can go to other servers, we can negotiate with the other two servers who we are tagged up against...perhaps siding with one to assault the keep of the other. The politics of it all could be much fun, especially if there are rp guilds on the other servers who would like to join in.

Chances are small that there are RP guilds on other servers in europe as I think any collective of roleplayers will at some point find our project and join our server. That being said there are plenty of opportunities to inject RP into this even without the help of other servers.

I wonder if we should move this thread to the European server forum though as it likely would get more attention there?
bliiissss.png

Join the Unofficial European RP Community Server!
Posted May 11, 12
Page
of 11
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices