Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 11

[EU] The WvW Alliance - Many Guilds Make Glory!

104 replies
Pogs:
+360
Benefactor
Bliss wrote:
I wonder if we should move this thread to the European server forum though as it likely would get more attention there?

Yes, I did plan to move the thread over there when it had developed a bit more, but I suppose now's as good a time as any, especially if people aren't noticing it here.

EDIT: Also, as pretty much anyone can see, I'm no artist, and not much better at graphic design. Anyone who is suffering from eye-burn is welcome, nay, encouraged to design us a better logo to help spruce up the thread.
Posted May 11, 12 · OP · Last edited May 12, 12
Pogs:
+29
Count me in!
Posted May 12, 12
Pogs:
+209
Totally backing up this idea! I've been absolutely keen on WvW ever since I heard about it, and I'm definitely gonna throw in some guerrilla warfare in the mix, raiding supply camps, disrupting supply caravans and generally roving around causing some mayhem =) Should be heaps of fun!
Diavel.1845

Vincent Graves - Valera Grayson

Rules are for the interpretation of wise men, and the obedience of fools. - Colin Chapman

Y SO SRS? LOLFLIP
Posted May 12, 12
Pogs:
+205
Benefactor
TottWriter wrote:
Bliss wrote:
EDIT: Also, as pretty much anyone can see, I'm no artist, and not much better at graphic design. Anyone who is suffering from eye-burn is welcome, nay, encouraged to design us a better logo to help spruce up the thread.

I'm not very good at graphics design either but how about this?

finalwvwpic.png

It's the actual loading screen from entering WvW I used by the way.
bliiissss.png

Join the Unofficial European RP Community Server!
Posted May 12, 12
Pogs:
+20
I'm tossing my support into the ring. Definitely looking forward to the WvW.
Posted May 13, 12
Pogs:
+49
After finally experiencing some WvW myself yesterday, I think this idea works best if we occasionally plan campaigns that spread out a few days or even weeks. Because yesterday we took back our borderlands (red) after it had been practically taken by Green, only to find out that two hours later our borderlands were green again.

The ownership of towers and keeps shuffles around more than a deck of cards at a poker game if guilds aren't dedicated to defend them from being taken back. And if we're up against a server with some dedicated decent sized WvW PvP guilds we're not even going to put a dent in the scoring, sad but true.
Posted May 15, 12
Pogs:
+360
Benefactor
Yeah. What's going to be important in WvW is making sure that keeps and towers we own are maintained and defended well, with upgrades and perhaps siege gear built on the walls.

That's going to be easier when people can level up properly and have more disposable income - blueprints and upgrades were almost prohibitively expensive for many players, but I did see a keep during the BWE which had two ballistae mounted on the walls by a gate, which were helping take down any zerg which approached. Also, upgrading walls and gates give more breathing space for defenders to arrive, which they will do when the functionality for guilds to control keeps is added. Upgrading supply camps to add more guards, and befriending the NPC mercenaries are things that smaller teams can do, as long as they are organised and co-ordinated. For example, three or four small groups working together could sneak behind enemy lines and launch attacks on multiple supply camps at the same time, splitting a large opposing force and cutting off their supply all in one. Without supply, gates and walls can't be repaired, and siege gear can't be built.

I think we are going to see a lot more tactical play when players really start to learn the format, and can afford the tools which you need to make the most of it.

(For the stress test that just happened, it's worth pointing out that the Green Server was Whiteside Ridge, the Redditt server, so there was only so much we were ever going to be able to do there, especially since no one had enough money to upgrade anything.)
Posted May 15, 12 · OP
Pogs:
+13
Bah! We are not letting them lesser races dishonour our truce with them! We are soldiers of the Shattersteel Detachment! Now, get your arses into gear, load them rifles and cannons! For the Iron Legion! Open Fire!

Shattersteel Detachment - Soldier Branch.

Speaking for my branch within the guild, we would be more than happy to add numbers into this, as WvW will be great fun and not to mention those under my branch do like a bit of PvP. :thumb:

Posted May 15, 12
Pogs:
+49
You're right Jemma (Tott), I didn't take into account the upgrades and the ability to create waypoints etc. That should make defending certain towers/keeps a bit more easy than I anticipated when participating in WvW as a broke bum.
Posted May 15, 12
Pogs:
+33
I love WvW and spend nearly entire beta weekend doing it. I really love this idea!
Posted May 16, 12
Page
of 11
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices