No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 34

The Official Path of Fire Commentary Thread (Obvious Spoiler Warning)

335 replies
Pogs:
+268
wrote:
Oh man, this is so disheartening to hear having a devout monk to Dwayna knowing she just thought to GTFO, which is weird since supposedly the Gods brought humanity to Tyria, guess they were too lazy to even bring a few so as not to completely leave them behind. Also as for the Balthazar thing, I suppose I took advantage of the break between the expansion and LW3 for him to contemplate a bit about the fact that a god had returned and was wrecking house. Nothing huge, but ultimately I do wish the other gods had more impact on the actual plot. Guess it may just be so that GW2 doesn't get too human-centric?

The gods have made a huge impact on the overall story really, the best way to kind of sum up is to is spoil the whole thing, so...to sum up how bad things have gotten...

The God of war is dead, however in his death, the machine, the only tool capable of saving the world had to be destroyed.
To make matters worse, the most deadliest Elder Dragon if not the most powerful has now become part God and our ally also didn't look to friendly towards the end (though she will be and will most likely die to save the world)
So, for the time being, Tyria, the planet, is now on borrowed time. It can't kill the Elder Dragon God as it will destroy the world, it can't put it to sleep because the machine has been destroyed.

Perhaps death is the only peace our characters can hope to have? Nope. Because Grenth has left purgatory to a spirit that can't really fight anything, a demon can simply walts into purgatory and start consuming souls. But...it's just human souls right? Wrong again, everyone goes here! But maybe you were a really strong fighter, so you'll just become the doom slayer and go around killing demons left right and centre- Oh yeah you're unarmed and er...people can steal your "identity" and then kill you.

But it gets worse. Balthazar went into purgatory and with his power, he not only stole souls from purgatory to serve him but he also imprisoned Joko in an eternal prison..until he dies of course. Well. He's dead but his power has just gone into an Elder Dragon. Which means in theory, Kralkatorrik could brand an entire army, let them die then go to purgatory and then put them in the same armor that Balthazar did on top of the army Balthazar had already.
Put it like this. You fight Kralkatorrik, he kills you, he makes you his slave, you get killed by your friends, Kralkatorrik could go into purgatory and then make serve him once more. Not only has he killed you but he's also stripped you of any reward (or punishment) you might be due.

An unkillable killing machine that will turn you against your friends and then once you finally die, it'll bring you back again to kill all over again.

The only way this hell could end is if the gods simply did the merciful thing and destroyed Tyria and ruled over purgatory once more, at least the mortals would have heaven and hell. Them leaving has such a big impact on now just Tyria but the other realms that they used to rule over.

Why they've done it is simple, they're fed up with us and we know that Lyssa mocked Kormir for caring about Tyria, I think even some of the gods felt it was just best to let go and have a fresh start. It's not as if the gods didn't try to save the mortal races, they imprisoned Balthazar so he couldn't do anything. The mortals could continue to use the machine put the Elder Dragons to sleep and there would be "peace" but...Rytlock screwed everything up.
So all that hard work they did, imprisoning one of their own, finding someplace that no one should go to and the mortals ruined it.

What makes PoF so good is they've made what is a human centric story, a universal story. Same with what they did with HoT. Sure, you could argue it's more human but it effects all races.

Note:

I'm aware the names of these places isn't called Purgatory, heaven and hell but for the sake of getting the point across easier, that's what I've used.
4062276.jpg

Posted Sep 26, 17
Pogs:
+638
I made this yesterday. Now there's like six of them lol. xD
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The SmugglerThe EnforcerThe Executioner
The Technician
Posted Sep 26, 17 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+4,045
That's actually something new we learned that doesn't make much sense to me. Glint was a former Elder Dragon's champion. Even though she turned good, she was still somewhat related to Elder Dragons. But when she died, she went to the Mists, since Rytlock found her there. So does that mean that every Elder Dragon's champion goes to the Mists as well when they die? Zhaitan, Mordremorth, Jormag, Kralkatorrik champions? What happens to them in the Mists? What about the Elder Dragons themselves? It's just so vague of an explanation, thrown in the middle of a conversation like it's nothing or means nothing.
Piken Square
Aelius Brightmane | Cailean Angelonia | Evi Velvetpaw | Growl Bladeskin | Kristopher Lockhart | Demolitionist Lhymm | Maelon Amaryllis | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Mikael Shineblood | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Sceledrus Irontail | Sulyenn Nightborn | Tilaw Stainsoul | Chronoanalyst Vekk | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Zehim El Khouri
Posted Sep 27, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,513
wrote:
That's actually something new we learned that doesn't make much sense to me. Glint was a former Elder Dragon's champion. Even though she turned good, she was still somewhat related to Elder Dragons. But when she died, she went to the Mists, since Rytlock found her there. So does that mean that every Elder Dragon's champion goes to the Mists as well when they die? Zhaitan, Mordremorth, Jormag, Kralkatorrik champions? What happens to them in the Mists? What about the Elder Dragons themselves? It's just so vague of an explanation, thrown in the middle of a conversation like it's nothing or means nothing.

Unless her specific ties to the forgotten and the six gods influenced that fact. Also the fact revenants use echos, which are the actual person but more of an imprint of their personality and deeds on the mists.

But it does explain how Revenants "learn" their abilities. If you talk to the renegade revenant NPC, she talks about listening and learning from Kalla's echo directly.

edit: I'm going to respond to other stuff in a bit when I finish the story mode.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Sep 27, 17 · Last edited Sep 27, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+638
I love the Rytlock and Canach dialogue. All of it.

*Archon Iberu is offended we impersonated Sunspears.*
Rytlock: "Well if that bothers you, you'll really love who he/she impersonates next."
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The Technician
Posted Sep 28, 17 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+153
Except Abbadon was an actually interesting villain compared to Balthazar.
Posted Sep 28, 17
Pogs:
+1,513
Kinda annoyed at all the false information being shoved about concerning the domain of the lost.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Sep 28, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,781
the soul eater fight can suck a giant dick i hate it so much i'll never do the story again because of it god it's so tedious
Posted Sep 28, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+638
the soul eater fight can suck a giant dick i hate it so much i'll never do the story again because of it god it's so tedious

Baba-lou! Bring an interrupt skill! Lay that bad boy down the moment he drops his circle. I had zero issues.

Anyone else take note that if you talk to Zalambur in the Epilogue he discreetly brings up setting up dinner with Kiel? >:p
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The Technician
Posted Sep 28, 17 · OP · Last edited Sep 28, 17
Valis o
Pogs:
+429
There's a lot of misinformation going around about what Kralkatorrik absorbed.

He absorbed the magic of the Bloodstone, Jormag and Primordus Balthazar took during the Living Story. NOT his God Magic, which was taken (Or something? Unclear. Explain please ArenaNet) by the other Gods.

We know this because God Magic CANNOT be absorbed by Dragons, in fact it is shown to be anathema to them. And we know Balthazar was not a God, or did not have the magic that made him a God, during all of this because we didn't go blind looking at him.
Valis Hollington
Posted Oct 1, 17 · Last edited Oct 1, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 34
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices