Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 9

[Spoiler/Discussion thread] Season 4 and it's effects on RP

82 replies
Pogs:
+268

As Season 4 draws closer we RPers have now been given a deadline on when the events of PoF draw to a close and what kind of effects that would have on RP guilds.

From what I've seen, it appears that only one RP guild might be greatly effected by this, certainly if they pull a Scarlet attack on us.

So a few questions to you all.

If we lose a city, would you be "happy" with this and how often do you use the city for RP?

With the events of PoF coming to an end and the possibility of us not being able to ignore the shift in the timeline, how will this effect your personal RP or your guilds RP?

Can we RP Griffon mounts now?
4062276.jpg

Posted Nov 17, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+4,045
We see only a few seconds of whatever happens, we don't even know if this is actually Amnoon or another town. I tend towards the latter, as Anet tends to release new maps over messing with existing ones now. Besides, if Amnoon did get screwed up, it'd be a mess for people just doing the expansion now, even more reasons this is probably a different town.

That, or Amnoon will indeed be attacked, but since we have a plot armor as the protagonist of the story, we'll just save everything and everyone in just one instanced mission, as usual.

wrote:
Can we RP Griffon mounts now?

a6984aabbb5d3a2249abac266b44bd266214648332f0aeb5bdd8b4fdd9d00331.jpg
Piken Square
Aelius Brightmane | Cailean Angelonia | Evi Velvetpaw | Growl Bladeskin | Kristopher Lockhart | Demolitionist Lhymm | Maelon Amaryllis | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Mikael Shineblood | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Sceledrus Irontail | Sulyenn Nightborn | Tilaw Stainsoul | Chronoanalyst Vekk | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Zehim El Khouri
Posted Nov 17, 17 · Last edited Nov 17, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,513
Since the flight path of Kralk shown at the end didn't really match up with any current maps (I didn't recognize any spots), I believe we'll see a new map, probably south of amnoon, that's heavily branded. I don't think they'll change any path of fire maps heavily, if at all.

As for RP in amnoon, I hardly get any right now in general so... lol. And any thing that would come from Path of Fire's events I've already taken into account for my characters who would actually be affected, as we know season 4 obviously is going to start minutes/hours after PoF end instead of month long gaps.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Nov 17, 17
Pogs:
+2,777
Sadly, I don't think that the effect of the destruction of a city like Amnoon (if that is going to happen, I still think it's just a teaser for what's to come as I'm in the camp that has Kralky going south, not north) won't affect a huge swath of rp. It'll affect the Cavalier rp guild that I've seen in Amnoon. It'll affect my charr, Mirri Sunspear 'cause she lives in the Crystal Desert. But for the most part, it seems like most people have moved back to Central Tyria.

I don't think Amnoon is gonna be affected, as stated above by Hysτεry . I feel that what we've seen in the trailer is like what we often seen on a comic book cover. Enough of a splash to get interest, but not necessarily what's fully in the story.

As far as Griffons go... when Mirri gets one, ya damn right I'll rp it! I'm no where near getting it right now, however.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Nov 17, 17
Pogs:
+4,425
bEgRBHx.jpg
UeCnLYf.jpg

It's Amnoon. And it's probably an instance. The maps are time locked now, there's not going to be any change to 'em.
R6D2fok.png
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/6221257-gulmont-longrange-ps-comments-welcome

4dJxheu.jpg
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/7158668-clockk-ps-feedback-welcome-wip
Posted Nov 17, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,513
Also, we don't know exactly how long PoF takes, unless they feature a journal or something that gives a start/end date :o.

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Nov 17, 17
Pogs:
+2,919
wrote:
It's Amnoon. And it's probably an instance. The maps are time locked now, there's not going to be any change to 'em.
Agreed, this is what they did when the White Mantle attacked Divinity's Reach. It looks like there will be a branded attack on Amnoon (probably as a direct follow up to the epilogue instance where a branded storm seems to reach the city), but it'll be instanced and afterwards there will be no permanent change to the map.

Anet confirmed in the PoF AMA that Kralkatorrik was flying south in the final cutscene, so after the initial Amnoon instance we'll probably head south to a new map in Kourna.

In terms of rp effects, this could be a pretty big deal for anyone rping in Amnoon. It's not, however, likely to result in any permanent lasting changes, because that doesn't match Anet's current style of creating content.
Ingjald Firebeard
~The Magpie Mercenaries~
Posted Nov 18, 17
Pogs:
+1,513
One question I have is, will S4 run off unbound magic, or a new currency? :p

Posted Nov 18, 17
Pogs:
+179
I totally RP griffon mounts. I don't even have one but I RP them, and when I actually get mine I will RP them even more. Because they are cool and stuff. I am gonna griffon RP all the way into Season 4.

That shadow you've seen in the corner of your eye is the ghost of the fuck I don't give.

Srsly why do people care if someone RP's having a griffon? :DDDDDD
*entitlement intensifies*

Posted Nov 18, 17 · Last edited Nov 18, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+73
Trailer is out btw.
Posted Nov 21, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 9
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices