Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 9

[Spoiler/Discussion thread] Season 4 and it's effects on RP

82 replies
Pogs:
+4,042
Kormir: "The conflict could only end in two ways: the ruin of the Six, or the utter destruction of Tyria's magical balance."
-> proceeds to withdraw from Tyria

How it sounds to me: "Oh yeah, we could, you know, sacrifice ourselves to save the day, buuut... we'd really prefer if we kept our little comfort and all, so, have fun I suppose? What do you mean, we're selfish assholes? You don't know what you're talking about, shut up and get slaughtered by the dragons. I mean, 'find the answer, it lies within you' and shit."

Gods really are dicks.

Also, end of PoF -> cliffhanger on Kralkatorrik branding stuff, but trailer shows stuff about undead. 'k. Guess Anet once again doesn't really know where to go with their story. Can't say I'm surprised at this point.
Piken Square RPer!
Growl Bladeskin | Aelius Brightmane | Tilaw Stainsoul | Evi Shadowstep | Sceledrus Irontail | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Demolitionist Lhymm | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Sulyenn Nightborn | Cailean Angelonia | Maelon Amaryllis | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Mikael Shineblood | Kristopher Lockhart
Posted Nov 21, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,549
You do relaise and it has been shown twice now.
That the destruction of the six kinda means their energy leaks out and threatens to make things go booom?
Gametag: RobinTair.1806

Truu: Pact soldier turned merc
Diathi: Mender, Gardener, Troublemaker.
Laossi: Pastel-hued pacifist

Posted Nov 21, 17
Pogs:
+429
At the very least it shows they considered intervening but at the end of the day it would have been an all-or-nothing gambit and it was not a surefire victory.

(Even though I think it would given the Gods can act in concert and the dragons cannot, just go for one at a time...)

And of course even if it was a victory it would still destroy Tyria. So purely a very hollow victory for the Gods alone as it would mean the destruction of what they are supposed to be protecting. In a way that shows they care.

It also still doesn't explain the 180 ArenaNet made Balthazar's character do, and in fact makes it WORSE. "We the Six foresaw there could be no victory in our inevitable conflict with the Elder Dragons" *looks at Balthazar* so was he one of those six or not?
Valis Hollington
Posted Nov 21, 17 · Last edited Nov 21, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+550
The Astralarium?
RdZPjAK.png
Posted Nov 21, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,511
Manizeh Aurumstan wrote:

That would place us as going all the way to istan with the very first release. I wouldn't mind that, but it'd be a leap. We do see what looks like new docks though...
Posted Nov 21, 17
Pogs:
+638
It's coming...

I can see it now...

Teenage angst Aurene...

Locked up in her room all day. Random outbursts of anger and tears. Pining over the latest boy band. Blowing hundreds of dollars on the latest looks. Ridiculous phone bills. Spending hours in the bathroom accomplishing nothing. Complaining cause she thinks she's fat or ugly. Covered in acne...
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The SmugglerThe EnforcerThe Executioner
The Technician
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+104
She's a plot device, to help restore the magical balance we disrupt by killing dragons. Waiting to see if Anet introduces that even she can't consume it all without losing herself in the process. Which seems likely as things look right now by the preview.

And it's entirely the reason we gonna have to slap her shit down. ^

1401920126804.jpg

Pact Commander: "B, I just rekt the shit of one of MY OWN gods! You think I'mma let you slide?"
Posted Nov 21, 17
Pogs:
+638
Also, Inb4 branded Kasmeer is still cute af! x3
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The SmugglerThe EnforcerThe Executioner
The Technician
Pogs:
+1,511
wrote:
Kormir: "The conflict could only end in two ways: the ruin of the Six, or the utter destruction of Tyria's magical balance."
-> proceeds to withdraw from Tyria

How it sounds to me: "Oh yeah, we could, you know, sacrifice ourselves to save the day, buuut... we'd really prefer if we kept our little comfort and all, so, have fun I suppose? What do you mean, we're selfish assholes? You don't know what you're talking about, shut up and get slaughtered by the dragons. I mean, 'find the answer, it lies within you' and shit."

Gods really are dicks.

Also, end of PoF -> cliffhanger on Kralkatorrik branding stuff, but trailer shows stuff about undead. 'k. Guess Anet once again doesn't really know where to go with their story. Can't say I'm surprised at this point.

I'm not sure how "We either all six die, or most of us die, or we fuck up the entire planet. So we'll back up and sit this one out." = being selfish dicks.

They literally saw two outcomes, either dying or destroying the planet. A sacrifice wouldn't save the day, probably just hasten the destruction of humanity and the other mortal races.

As for Kralk, we obviously can't beat him as it is. He's larger and far more powerful then Zhaitan or Mordremoth. Likely we are going to the new region to find Aurene, and possibly search for more answers on how to defeat Kralk. The tool Vlast mentioned to replace elder dragons is still out and about somewhere. theorized to be the staff of the mists.

Besides, I highly, highly doubt we've seen the majority of the new map, only tiny parts. We know Kralk went south, so this map is south. Maybe the northern coast of Istan (if that's the star watching place), maybe a shoreline of kourna, or along the elon river heading south.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Nov 21, 17
Pogs:
+4,042
wrote:
I'm not sure how "We either all six die, or most of us die, or we fuck up the entire planet. So we'll back up and sit this one out." = being selfish dicks..

Oh it's easy really. Sacrificing yourself to save millions of lives = selfless. Sacrificing millions of lives to save yourself = selfish. Pretty straightforward.
Piken Square RPer!
Growl Bladeskin | Aelius Brightmane | Tilaw Stainsoul | Evi Shadowstep | Sceledrus Irontail | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Demolitionist Lhymm | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Sulyenn Nightborn | Cailean Angelonia | Maelon Amaryllis | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Mikael Shineblood | Kristopher Lockhart
Posted Nov 22, 17
Page
of 9
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices