Page
of 9

[Spoiler/Discussion thread] Season 4 and it's effects on RP

82 replies
Pogs:
+1,511
wrote:
wrote:
I'm not sure how "We either all six die, or most of us die, or we fuck up the entire planet. So we'll back up and sit this one out." = being selfish dicks..

Oh it's easy really. Sacrificing yourself to save millions of lives = selfless. Sacrificing millions of lives to save yourself = selfish. Pretty straightforward.

But in this case it'd literally be "Sacrifice myself to die, then empower the beast that killed me so it can much more easily go and wipe out nations."

There is no saving in this context. It's "Kill a dragon/most or all of the dragons and ruin Tyria, even if it's just the local regions humanity has spread to if it's not globally" or "Die, have all my magic absorbed into a beast that feeds and grows more powerful directly off magic consumption so it can kill all those humans."

Selfish in a certain context, perhaps. But it's not a dick move to back out of this conflict. Especially with the conditions. edit: Sure, they probably could've handled some things better, but if the garden of the gods book is true for the most part, they are trying to find a new place for humanity :p.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Nov 22, 17 · Last edited Nov 22, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+638
The situation at the end of PoF was a losing one really no matter what happened. I mean sure a direct immediate cataclysm was averted but now Kralk is even more powerful. And now on the move.
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The SmugglerThe EnforcerThe Executioner
The Technician
Posted Nov 22, 17
Pogs:
+2,777
Kralk isn't the only thing to worry about. I think now that Balthazar is dead, the bonds that held Palawa Joko are either weakened or gone. In either case, Joko is coming back. With Kralkatorrik in his territory (Elona) Joko is going to need soldiers. Which means the Elonains that are left are going to be forced into the military and turned to Awakened to fight Kralkatorrik and the Branded.

We already saw that we'll be heading further into territories held by Joko and his Awakened. There's possibly going to be fights against Corsairs (which were big in Nightfall). And Aurene is naturally going to play a part, one which I believe will end up being on our side. Though, I figure she'll be in her angsty teenage stage.

And I still think Lyssa's going to play a part. Kormir said eventually Lyssa agreed to imprison Balthazar. Balthazar used Lyssa's mirror. Balthazar cursed all the gods except Lyssa.

Also, the first episode of Living World Season 4 is named Daybreak. 10 years ago, the second Guild Wars expansion was called Nightfall.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Nov 22, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+268
Perhaps this new chapter will be...

"Oh you thought you were fucked, oh ho ho...aw man...you don't know the extent of it!"

We find Aurene taking in the essence of a god of war, plus any other other magic she now has. Keep in mind Balthazar was pure conflict, it doesn't really bode well for the way the Commander has been raising her. Joko's back with the "Remember when I said that when I come back I'll torture you? Well...Hi, this is my army, here is torture mountain, pick a cage!"

Then on top of all that, Krak has the power of a god and tons of magic on top of his already insane power.

This is more "setting the stage" I wager.

Hopefully we get a meta event and some content outside of the story though, PoF has allot of bits and bobs but nothing with allot umph behind it. HoT had huge world bosses you could fight and get allot of...ok loot. The bounty board isn't too bad and some of the bosses are really cool but it lacks the huge zergs I'm so used too with GW2.

I'm not massively excited for it as I don't want to get my hopes up but I'm interested to see where they take PoF considering how good HoT first chapter was.
4062276.jpg

Posted Nov 22, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+1,511
Magic does not equal personality. Otherwise kormir would've acted like abaddon did.

Absorbing balths magic isn't going to make aurene violent. His magic was fire magic, not a "conflict magic".
Posted Nov 22, 17
Pogs:
+1,286
Kormir absorbed both Abaddon's memories and his powers. (Source: ending dialogue from the final mission of Nightfall.) That means Aurene could have absorbed several thousand years of military strategy and life experience on top of his powers.
Posted Nov 22, 17
Pogs:
+1,511
wrote:
Kormir absorbed both Abaddon's memories and his powers. (Source: ending dialogue from the final mission of Nightfall.) That means Aurene could have absorbed several thousand years of military strategy and life experience on top of his powers.

And Kormir was unchanged in personality afterward. Saying that because Kralk and Aurene absorbed Balthazar's powers means they share elements of his personality/behaviors is an unfounded thing.

Balthazar's magic was fire, his realm warfare. If anything I'd say we'd see Aurene getting a bit of fire based powers (though she already breathed fire before in little bursts IIRC). Rytlock's line about her remembering she's our friend, we don't have any context for it. Could it be because she's grown since she absorbed a huge chunk of Balth's power (being in the center of his magical storm, with kralk getting the leftovers)? Could it be because we see her being extremely violent? We don't have ANY knowledge about who owns that ship that gets attacked.

It could be innocent. It could be covered in branded. It could be awakened or corsairs. Honestly we lack a bit of context or knowledge for now.

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Nov 22, 17
Pogs:
+4,042
I doubt he even mentioned the word "personality". He just said Aurene would have Balthazar's memories and experience. Now the question to wonder is, will this memories actually affect her way to see us? Because, she's not human, or god, she's a dragon, so we don't know how she'll react to that. It's possible she'll see us as a threat like Balthazar did from having her memories of us mixed with Balthazar's.
Piken Square RPer!
Growl Bladeskin | Aelius Brightmane | Tilaw Stainsoul | Evi Shadowstep | Sceledrus Irontail | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Demolitionist Lhymm | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Sulyenn Nightborn | Cailean Angelonia | Maelon Amaryllis | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Mikael Shineblood | Kristopher Lockhart
Posted Nov 23, 17 · Last edited Nov 23, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+638
Having reviewed the trailer again, I'm actually thinking the ships we see Aurene destroying belong to Corsairs. I think Anet spliced the scene together to make it appear as if we'll come into conflict, when honestly I don't think we will.
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The SmugglerThe EnforcerThe Executioner
The Technician
Posted Nov 23, 17 · Last edited Nov 23, 17
Pogs:
+1,511
wrote:
We find Aurene taking in the essence of a god of war, plus any other other magic she now has. Keep in mind Balthazar was pure conflict, it doesn't really bode well for the way the Commander has been raising her.

Was the bit I referred to. If Kormir could absorb Abaddon's power with zero change of personality, I don't see why absorbing the powers would really affect much. Grenth ascended to god-hood and was vastly different from Dhuum after all.
wrote:
I doubt he even mentioned the word "personality". He just said Aurene would have Balthazar's memories and experience. Now the question to wonder is, will this memories actually affect her way to see us? Because, she's not human, or god, she's a dragon, so we don't know how she'll react to that. It's possible she'll see us as a threat like Balthazar did from having her memories of us mixed with Balthazar's.

^ above. But still, knowledge and powers doesn't perhap mean direct memories or behavior. Which is what kormir references gaining.
Quote:
Kormir: "No. His power. His knowledge. But not him. His will is broken. There is a new god of secrets. There is a new day."
wrote:
Having reviewed the trailer again, I'm actually thinking the ships we see Aurene destroying belong to Corsairs. I think Anet spliced the scene together to make it appear as if we'll come into conflict, when honestly I don't think we will.

Like the last jedi's sneaky trailer editing! Considering how she is linked mentally/somehow to the commander, I think it's probable that the ship she is shown destroying was being an active threat toward the commander, or was overrun by branded (She's shown flying toward a branded dragon of similar size and attacking in the trailer as well).

I'm excited for the first intact, bigger ships then the typical lionguard vessel, but not the arks though.

Posted Nov 23, 17
Page
of 9
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices