Main Forum
Page
of 9

[Spoiler/Discussion thread] Season 4 and it's effects on RP

82 replies
Pogs:
+2,777
wrote:
I do agree that a lot could be fixed, but with this just being the first episode, I have to say it has a lot of potential. I'm already enjoying it a little more than the last LS and expansion due to the fact that we have a villain that actually feels like a villain and not some cop-out plot twist lovechild. *cough* looking at you Balth *cough*

I was really harsh, but after Heart of Thorns, the bar for story telling was set really low. And I will admit it is nice to focus on someone or something else besides an elder dragon. I'm just waiting for Kralkatorrik to show up at some point.

But it does feel as though it's an all or nothing story that's taking place.
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Nov 30, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+259
I am currently on my phone so I can't pull the link yet, but during the white mantle raid on the Reach the devs did confirm that the LS zones would stay the same so as not to interrupt the flow of timeline for new players. Same reason lake Doris will forever be under attack despite the white mantle being wiped out.
verdance_forum.png
Posted Nov 30, 17
Pogs:
+2,777
wrote:
I am currently on my phone so I can't pull the link yet, but during the white mantle raid on the Reach the devs did confirm that the LS zones would stay the same so as not to interrupt the flow of timeline for new players. Same reason lake Doris will forever be under attack despite the white mantle being wiped out.

I do understand those zone. Those zones aren't what I'm talking about. It's the regular zones, the ones that come with core and the expacs (though, expacs will most likely be similar to LS zones). Those ones should be cleaned up.
Posted Nov 30, 17
Pogs:
+110
On the point of the above posts, I do wish there was a way for there to be more story-oriented maps. Perhaps two sets- pre-completion, and post-completion. Or even an optional post-completion. It's a pain trying to explore areas when there's constant mobs, especially when zones are rich in potential for legitimate exploration. I find it hard to appreciate some maps when I'm constantly in combat.

Maybe it's just a roleplayers/explorers fantasy, but hey, one can dream, right?
~ Chloe Blanchard ~ Arianna Celenza ~ Ella Medici ~
uzKEG5p.jpg
Posted Nov 30, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,511
Koss didn't really "block" Joko. His personality was strong and he just found loop-hole after loop-hole. Orders had to be worded very specifically to get him to actually do what Joko/the Mordant Crescent Archon's wanted.

Which is how he managed to get them to order him to guard that cave forever, and put up notices promising to murder anybody who try to bring him back to the great hall :d.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Nov 30, 17
Pogs:
+268
wrote:

Yeah I seen this post, I'm hoping it's less white mantle and more Ley line/Blood stone, maybe to help advertise PoF?

There was one thing I missed in the "I like" bit, and that was the Asura all talking as one was so funny, very children of the corn.

As for the Sunspears Kalavier (14732780)

It's more the tone on which the hero says "My Sunspears..." could just be a miss direction in how he was meant to say the line but to me it sounded as if it was less of him being proud and more in despair that they were being slaughtered.

Finally we're not meant to have any side be canonical, so it should be more open ended for all choices, not just one otherwise you cause issues where the story makes sense for one group but not the other. Plus...you side with a dictator but you're convinced by looking at stars, turning telescopes, moving mirrors and whatever other pointless tasks?
If that's the lore you want, the Sunspears will soon be dead if that's all it takes to get into their second secret base is to do some general handyman work.
4062276.jpg

Posted Nov 30, 17 · OP
Pogs:
+1,511
wrote:
As for the Sunspears Kalavier (14732780)

It's more the tone on which the hero says "My Sunspears..." could just be a miss direction in how he was meant to say the line but to me it sounded as if it was less of him being proud and more in despair that they were being slaughtered.

Finally we're not meant to have any side be canonical, so it should be more open ended for all choices, not just one otherwise you cause issues where the story makes sense for one group but not the other. Plus...you side with a dictator but you're convinced by looking at stars, turning telescopes, moving mirrors and whatever other pointless tasks?
If that's the lore you want, the Sunspears will soon be dead if that's all it takes to get into their second secret base is to do some general handyman work.

Well, A: the sunspears were kicking massive ass and weren't really being slaughtered in any way shape or form when I played the instance.

Also, look up. The story journal blurb is
Quote:
I made contact with the head archivist, Rhadha, who was fearful that my presence might draw undue attention and requested that I disguise myself as a visiting scholar. This was the only way I could gain access to the archives where the entrance to the Sunspear base was located without arousing the suspicion of the many pro-Joko researchers or the Mordant Crescent patrols who monitored the facility.

After posing as a scholar to deflect the suspicions of the Mordant Crescent guards and pro-Joko reseachers at the Astralarium, I sought out Head Archivist Rhadha, who told me the key to locating the secret Sunspear base was contained in a book called "Nightfall," located in the main archives. Rhadha advised me to contact Archivist Salwa, who controlled access to these archives.

Archivist Salwa was understandably hesitant to allow me to enter the sanctum until I could prove to her that I supported those seeking to end the vicious rule of the lich king, Palawa Joko.

That menial tasks was to blend in so the other scholars, and the awoken wandering by don't notice you and cash in your bounty. Or worse, purge the sunspear friendly scholars or find the secret way in.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Nov 30, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+638
Dearest Shani,

Please refrain from sassing Koss in my presence.

Sincerly, ~Me

Seriously though, in case you hadn't noticed, most of the enemies in the LS were true to form using their Nightfall skill sets and equivalents. Koss in Nightfall was just a basic warrior. And such he is still, without much surprise.
KStudios.2850 Roster:
The SmugglerThe EnforcerThe Executioner
The Technician
Posted Nov 30, 17
Pogs:
+2,777
Who was sassing Koss? Koss was one of the good moments of this episode.
Posted Dec 1, 17
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+26
What's the ETA on the next episode? My only real complaint was that this one stopped so abruptly, killing the momentum. I mean, something kind of big happened and then there were no events to back it up. I sort of thought the episode would end with an ongoing invasion event of some kind.
Posted Dec 4, 17
Page
of 9
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices