Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 3

Clothing Guide for noobs?

21 replies
Pogs:
+3
It looks like I need to be level 35 before I can get into Lion's Arch. And if I understand right, I need to be in lion's arch to get the tonics.

Other than crafting or gems, what would you say are the best ways to earn gold?
Posted Jan 5, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+106
Dungeons, raiding, or learning to flip the trading post.
uFsZJ7M.png
Posted Jan 5, 18
Pogs:
+307
You don't have to be level 35 to go to Lion's Arch. I've got a level 2 sylvari there right now. You shouldn't have any problem getting there you've just got to find the gate in whatever city to get to it. :)

Otherwise for gold break down every bit of gear and weaponry you get that you won't use if they're white, blue or green. If you're not interested in crafting sell the materials you get. Some dyes sell well but that all depends on whether or not you find them. Do events and sell what you get from those - there are event timers that will tell you which ones are happening when.
Posted Jan 5, 18
Pogs:
+106
wrote:
You don't have to be level 35 to go to Lion's Arch. I've got a level 2 sylvari there right now. You shouldn't have any problem getting there you've just got to find the gate in whatever city to get to it. 🙂

Otherwise for gold break down every bit of gear and weaponry you get that you won't use if they're white, blue or green. If you're not interested in crafting sell the materials you get. Some dyes sell well but that all depends on whether or not you find them. Do events and sell what you get from those - there are event timers that will tell you which ones are happening when.
Rules are different for f2p players.
uFsZJ7M.png
Posted Jan 5, 18
Doc
Pogs:
+602
Smashmaster4 wrote:
Other than crafting or gems, what would you say are the best ways to earn gold?

Crafting doesn't earn you much as most items of worth are account bound, so it's useful, but not much use for selling what you make. As a result the raw materials are worth more because people are paying to level up the crafts. There are a few exceptions but even those aren't amazing.

There are some daily farms you can do as a f2p. This spot: [&BGMAAAA=] (Copy and paste into chat box in game) has a lot of iron that's worth farming, the more characters the better.

There are others spots that have regular Rich Iron nodes that are good to farm daily if you don't have access to any expansions. If you look them up, (GW2 Efficiency has them listed) then you can make a couple of golds worth of iron doing these.

Some guilds have people with maxed out home instances that you can join them when they farm, that's worth 1-2 gold.

Doing the 'Daily Achievements' are also not bad for 2 gold a day. You might have to do some WvW or PvP to get it some days, as some achievements are locked behind the expansion areas.

Also, once you get level 80 you should have access to the Silverwastes farm. (Drytop is okay too) which is still one of the best gold farms available. It's known as RIBA, there are a lot of video on YouTube on that one though so I won't explain it.

That should be enough to go on. Generally speaking, you need to level up your character to make gold, so if you want to, that should be your focus.
Posted Jan 6, 18
Pogs:
+160
Some basics!

1) The Wardrobe
If you head to the main city for your character (think you need level 10?) you can head to the bank and, as someone else said, click the wardrobe there. That shows you -everything- in the game that has a model that shows on your character. A little overwhelming! Only stuff that's lit up is available for you to transmog currently, but you can start collecting items pretty quickly :)
2) Collecting!
Basic item sets are available from heart vendors on maps for Karma, one of the many currencies in-game. This is what you get for completing events and hearts around all the maps and it accumulates pretty quickly. Doing all the hearts in a map should get you a full set, or most of a set, fo armour, which unlocks in your wardrobe. You'll quickly outlevel the actual items you get, but the 'skin' of it will unlock on your account, for every character. Awesome \o/

3) Actually getting the look onto your character's armour.
This you do from the Hero panel. Click them, click Wardrobe. Click the item on your character, on the left, then the skin you want on it on the right. You'll then need a transmutation charge to make that look permanent.
As has been said, the easiest way to get these is from clearing maps. The -easiest- ones are for unlocking city maps. Once you've done your home city and hit 35, you can then go to Lion's Arch and clear the other racial capital.s Hey presto, 6 easy transmutation charges \o/
You can also buy them for gems on the Black Lion Store ( Gems can be purchased for either gold or real money, can buy you all sorts of cosmetics and small in-game boosts as well as transmutation charges).

4) Making it look pretty- dyes!
Yes, there is a dye system too, yes it is extensive! There are many, many dyes, some of them you get for free, the rest on the trading post for various costs, some just a few copper, other hundreds of gold. Buy them, use them, they're added to your account permanently, and redyeing is free \o/
Go to hero panel, click Dyes, and you'll see each piece has one or more dye 'channels'. On the left is the palette of available dyes. Click a dye, click a channel, click accept, done \o/
Posted Jan 6, 18
Pogs:
+307
wrote:
Rules are different for f2p players.

I figured that so I logged in on my free account to try it and got there fine. I know there was a glitch of some sort where people who weren't the appropriate level could get there if they were in a group with someone who was but I didn't do that. In any case, it definitely could have been an accident but I've been in and out on that account several times over the past few days.

And if it's not something they un-did it's a silly rule imo.
Posted Jan 6, 18
Pogs:
+3
This thing ^ is what I was looking for when I started this thread. This and the info about the tonics at Lion's arch. Thank you.

Last question (for now lol). The transmution will simply apply the look of one equipment peice onto the one you are using. So when you find higher level equipment to replace it with, your look will be ruined again, correct? Thus the only ways to "keep your look" are to stop leveling, keep all the equipment for your outfit in your inventory to equip when RPing, or to use tonic or gem outfits. Is this all correct?
Posted Jan 6, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+106
Transmutation charges are fairly easy to get. You can earn them through pvp/wvw reward tracks and sometimes as map completion rewards. But yes, replacing your armor as you level will change your look, so you will need to continue to use charges to return to the look you like.

Outfits/tonics don't change. They will always look the same. (With the exception of using different dyes on an outfit.)

You should take time to learn and enjoy the game. Plenty of time to be a boring fuddy duddy after you get to 80. Besides, some friends may want to do some content and you will actually be able to go with them and be helpful if you keep your gear updated. Plus completing content will allow you a way to learn, experience, and grasp lore in the game too.
uFsZJ7M.png
Posted Jan 6, 18
Pogs:
+10
I'm looking to find out where some of the more exclusive medium armor pieces drop from.

Is there a guide for which dungeons, achievements or karma merchants to go for, in order to get RP-worthy wear? The more streetwear casual stuff, jackets, coats, you get the idea. If anyone knows, I'd love to learn!
Posted Jan 10, 18
Page
of 3
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices