Recent Threads
Main Forum

House Lao | Canthan Noble Roleplay

5 replies
Pogs:
+158

HOUSE LAO

History

A little over two-hundred years ago, the purges by Emperor Usoku began. The Lao household was a political enemy, and was one of the first targets of the purges. However,a few lines of the family survived, and escaped to Tyria and Elona. Xue Lao and Yu Lao were apart of one of the couples. They began building their estate just outside the area that is known as Garenhoff. They eventually bore a single child, a male named Zhen Lao. The family had noble blood in it, and eventually came to be recognized as such in Tyria. However, in-fighting began between, what would soon be known as the main family and the branch family over who would be leading the household in their newfound home.

During this time, a series of assassination and small-scale skirmishes occurred. In order to appease the branch family, Zhen Lao sacrificed choosing a lover, and instead had a marriage with a distant female relative of the branch family. This effectively united the two under one single banner. They bore a male child. However, he was born ill, and sickly, and soon passed before he came of age to succeed as head. His younger sister, Meilin Lao, succeeded as heir and matriarch afterwards. She too died young, but not before having kids, who were also born with the same disorder. The family had realized that it was hereditary, and that it was incurable.

They spent the next few decades working on medicinal advances that would help ease their suffering. It was not enough. Eventually they took up Necromancy, and through both magic, and medicine, they effectively minimized the damage it caused to their bodies. However, it was during this time that the nearby villages had started rumors about dark mages living in the hills and on the cliffside above, and all but shunned them.The family secluded itself, and spent the rest of its years in isolation, dedicating itself to its magic, and having trade deals with distant relatives and family friends for survival.

Eventually, Shun Lao took a bride who came to be known as Ya Lao. They bore two children, an elder son, and a younger daughter known respectively as Xen Lao and Xifeng Lao. However, soon they were murdered in cold blood by the elder son, who had been manipulated by the branch family, causing a rift to grow. However, the current heads of the branch family took in the younger Xifeng and groomed her to take up her place as the matriarch of the family, despite protest from other members.

Now heir to a vast fortune and endless archived knowledge, Xifeng has opened up her family from isolation from the rest of Kryta and Tyria in hopes of forming beneficial connections with the world outside, and so they that they can grow.

OOC Information:
Leader: Xifeng Lao (Xenorak.2154)
Contact info:
Discord: Xifeng Lao#2266

(Regarding the disorder, it only affects the main family so your character wouldn't have to be sickly or anything)

IC Information:
Current Affiliates: House Leoni

Rules:
No godmodding
No metagaming (unless all parties involved have agreed and can come up with a good reason for knowing certain information)
No Powergaming
No OOC drama
Age Requirement: 18+

Current positions available:
Guards, Servants, Affiliates, Branch family members,

How to join:

Either contact me in game, on discord and chat with me about things, or more formally, you can fill out this application and wait a day or two for a response ( I try to respond as fast as I can)
Spoiler: Application FormatShow

Will be beautifying this post when I have more time.

(Please, ignore any typos <3)
Posted Jan 19, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 19, 18
Pogs:
+158
Bumpedy Bump Bump
Posted Jan 28, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+158
Bump!! I'm going to be starting a plotline for this guild. Anyone interested please whisper me or mesage me here!
Posted Oct 13, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+158
Bump 2.0 <3
Posted Nov 5, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+158
Hey, I'm sorry if I miss your whisper's or DC, please send a mail or a discord message.
Posted Nov 5, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+71
message sent
Posted Dec 4, 18
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices