Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 4

World Restructuring - What does this mean for us?

34 replies
Pogs:
+39
Hey all, didn't see a thread on this yet so I figured I would get one started.

For those unaware, ArenaNet announced a major update to WvW yesterday, which is great. But the part that stuck out to me was the following:

Quote:
"This is why, in the new World Restructuring system, we will remove all players from their current worlds, and make new worlds every eight weeks. This will create more granular pieces, which allow us to avoid situations like the Crystal Desert example.

Since worlds will not exist any longer, the "World Selection" that currently is available in character select will be eliminated, and instead a selection for playing in either North America or Europe will replace it."

If I'm reading this right, this means TC and PS will no longer exist. Granted they didn't matter too much because of the megaserver system, but it is still interesting.

What are everyone's thoughts?
Posted Feb 1, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 1, 18
Pogs:
+1
I think this will kill RP, how will guildless rp'ers find anyone to rp with?
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pogs:
+20
it will force guild-less rp-ers in to a guild.

Though i do think that the Alience system will allow somewhat to keep connections. As long as it doesn't req your guild to be set as a wvw guild.

Of course for some it will allow to finally do wvw with their rp-friends...
My Roleplay characters:
Charr: Alexa SplinterSteel, Vita Splintervein, Aziel Splintershot, Sasha Splintersoul, Veros Splitnight, Manus Greatmaul.
Asura: Sentinel Gabby, Captain Blimm, Kasimira Morana, Artificer Cass.
Sylvari: Enya Hallion, Velena Maxwell.
Human: Kyree Eran
Norn: Arnora Laugarbrekka
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pogs:
+4,043
How to make things more complicated than they should 101, by Anet.
Piken Square
Aelius Brightmane | Cailean Angelonia | Evi Velvetpaw | Growl Bladeskin | Kristopher Lockhart | Demolitionist Lhymm | Maelon Amaryllis | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Mikael Shineblood | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Sceledrus Irontail | Sulyenn Nightborn | Tilaw Stainsoul | Chronoanalyst Vekk | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Zehim El Khouri
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,315
They're clearly gearing the alliance system for WvW under the assumption it doesn't matter for other gametypes.

But if they were to let us add similar checkboxes for "RP guild" then this would actually be a huge improvement over the current situation. We'll have to make our voices known.

Also need to know whether this actually affects PvE instance matchmaking or not.
1mk3oA4.png
The GFC recruitment is OPEN!

Cynthia's Apothecarium - Miraculous cures, cantrips and curses!
Posted Feb 1, 18 · Last edited Feb 1, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+15
All this is wvw finally being able to one big mega sever just like it is for pve doesn’t do anything about rp or finding rp LOL
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,253
Fucking finally Anet! Been preaching this as the only way to save WvW for years now. This might dethrone ESO as my siege PvP game.

As far as RP goes; lol nothing will be changed. Make contacts get put in the instances with RPers same thing we've done since megaserver launched.
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+269
It's...not necessary in my opinion?

It doesn't really change much tbh. I'm a roamer, doesn't really stop roaming so /shrug.
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pogs:
+1,253
It's...not necessary in my opinion?

It doesn't really change much tbh. I'm a roamer, doesn't really stop roaming so /shrug.
WvW is dying and the only competition is who in T1 can tank harder to get out of T1 and away from the over stacked Blackgate.

Yes, it is super necessary.
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pogs:
+4,043
WvW is dying from a lack of people playing it. Because game has been losing players. Solving the problem would be bringing the players back, changing how the world system works is just a bandaid on a wooden leg.
Piken Square
Aelius Brightmane | Cailean Angelonia | Evi Velvetpaw | Growl Bladeskin | Kristopher Lockhart | Demolitionist Lhymm | Maelon Amaryllis | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Mikael Shineblood | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Sceledrus Irontail | Sulyenn Nightborn | Tilaw Stainsoul | Chronoanalyst Vekk | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Zehim El Khouri
Posted Feb 1, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 4
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices