Main Forum

Tinkers 4 Tots :: 3/18/2018

9 replies
Pogs:
+2,762
T4T.png
Date: March 18th | Time: 6:00PM PST | Style: Chartiy, Competition

Introduction;;
You often hear of the Reach's charity. How orphanages have assortments of charities that wealthy nobles spare a few coin for. But, rarely, do you ever hear of the forgotten souls that reside in Lion's Arch. Many children are homeless and remain orphaned from the attack only a few years ago. The free city is many things but benevolent is rarely one of them. While we may not be able to provide these children with the safer lives those in the Reach find, perhaps we can give them creature comforts during the long nights.

That's where you come in. We are searching for Tyria's finest inventors to create toys this child's moon. Our charitable sponsors are covering the costs of this event so that you may have supplies. Please contact Eos Kallisto with your interest.

Information;;
Tinkers 4 Tots is an event held in Lion's Arch for the downtrodden children of the Free City. For ways to participate, please see below!

Tinkers Competition:
We will be holding a toymaking competition. Competitors will be judged on:

Design :: Eos Kallisto
Safety :: Elaine Alban
Appeal :: Luxelen Larkspur

The winner of Best Toy will be given 10 gold and be featured in the upcoming creator's news article.

Syrean Williams
Jaelynn
Millicent Bowyen
Kaerwynn Rayne

Build A Lion:
Host: Ethne of Night
Unable to craft? No problem. Attend this small workshop and build your own plush lion with the cut outs and guidance. All lions will be donated to the orphans of the Arch at the end of the event.

Merchant's Booth:
Want to set up a booth at this event? Interested in a little publicity? Legal merchants are permitted to set up a booth. There will be a 10% tax on all sales that will be donated towards toys, clothes, and food for the children of the Arch.

Chara Ankathi :: Tattoo Artist
Rosamund Soothsayer:: Fortune Telling

Clockwork Play Center:
Donated by Peony Manufacturing, this play center includes: a clockwork puppet show, a clockwork petting zoo, and a playhouse! Children of all ages are welcome to stay and play while the adults participate in the rest of the event.

Donation Booth:
Already have toys or clothing you'd like to donate? Head on over to the donation booth to hand off anything you may have. Coin will also be accepted here.

Final Details;;
Date: Sunday, March 18th, 6:00PM PST
Commander Tag: Eos Kallisto

Sponsors:
The Crescent Moon Company
Ethne of Night

All sign ups will be closed March 15th.
Have something you'd like to do? Message Eos Kallisto: Mint Rain.6798 or leave a message below!
{Believe In Miracles}
Enaeve || Eos
{tumblrs potentially nsfw}
Posted Mar 4, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 18, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+402
I would like to sign up Ethne of Night as a sponsor if at all possible.
Posted Mar 9, 18 · Last edited Mar 9, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,762

We're still looking for sign ups for the toymaking competition and any sponsorships!

{Believe In Miracles}
Enaeve || Eos
Posted Mar 12, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+234
Ruby Rousseau and her children would like to judge the appeal of any toys created.

Spoke too soon. That is my kid's birthday. I will be unavailable.
Discord: Ruby#8376

T8eReHw.png
Posted Mar 12, 18 · Last edited Mar 12, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+234
We're gonna do this instead. Have yourself a clockwork play center for the kids visiting the event.
Discord: Ruby#8376

T8eReHw.png
Posted Mar 12, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,762
wrote:

Added to the main thread, dearlin'!

Anyone who might want to participate in the competition or host a merchant booth should let me know!
I'll be closing all sign-ups on the 15th.

{Believe In Miracles}
Enaeve || Eos
Posted Mar 13, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,762

Final day for sign-ups!

{Believe In Miracles}
Enaeve || Eos
Posted Mar 15, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+2,762
T4T.png
Maps.png

2 Hours!!
For our competitors, we'll be starting around 6:30 on the main stage. You're to have your toy prepared ahead of time. No buying from local merchants, we'll know! Make sure to check out the booths: build a lion, get your fortune told, and maybe even a little ink (of face paints, we won't judge you, much). Any children can be dropped off at the play center while you're browsing. Any donations are being watched over by our helpful consortium friend.

We look forward to seeing everyone there! ♥
{Believe In Miracles}
Enaeve || Eos
Posted Mar 18, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+2,762

Half hour to the event! The commander tag is now up (light blue): Eos Kallisto, Mint Rain.6798 on the IP: 54.164.21.239:0

{Believe In Miracles}
Enaeve || Eos
Posted Mar 18, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 18, 18
Pogs:
+2,762

Thank you to everyone who came and participated. We had a really lovely turn out for such a "niche" event. All of our toymakers were absolutely brilliant. I know I had a hard time judging! I loved them all. Thank you to our booth hosts and our sponsors who helped in and out of character.

Everyone who attended was able to get a pink or blue gift basket. It includes: an exquisite pen, perfume in the pink baskets, colonge in the blue, a gold lion brooch with aquamarine eyes, and a box of white truffle chocolates.

Our winner this evening was: Millicent Bowyen!
She won ten gold (which she donated to the orphanage!) and will be featured in the upcoming gazette, "The Futurist."
{Believe In Miracles}
Enaeve || Eos
Posted Mar 18, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices