Recent Threads
Main Forum

The Nameless [Interest Check] (Name tbc)

5 replies
Pogs:
+7
The Nameless
"It was them who made us, it is them who will pay."

59cacacf68d02daae6e5ab116f271066.jpg

The Concept:

We are The Nameless, those who society has forgotten about and pushed aside, the destitute. Alone we were nothing, invisible to you all. Together, a collective under our benefactor, we will rise from the depths of society to the position we deserve.

We do not act out of greed but out of necessity. Our desires are not to kill needlessly like others before us but to scheme and manipulate, trick and deceive. Yet honour among thieves is but an illusion, we will do what we have to...

"Desperation is a powerful motivator."

Born in the shadows of lower society we will accept anyone who wishes to make a new life for themselves, we cannot promise riches or glory... we will offer you what society hasn't, a chance. A sense of charm and a degree of wit are all anyone needs to try and make their new life as one of The Nameless.

Others achieve their goals by any means, murder, mayhem and destruction common amongst the other societies. Barbaric methods, attracting the attention of the authorities and needlessly adding to the workload. The Nameless rely on guile, smarts and influence. We will do anything to protect our existing standing, and almost anything to advance ourselves further.

Now for the OOC stuff!

Who are we?

We're a few friends who currently play on SWTOR, RPing as Sith and Sith Lords, but we try to focus on the elements of manipulation and trickery rather than the brute force methods many tend to go for. With TOR RP seemingly in decline we thought we might hop over here and try to fill a gap in the market, so to speak.

What we want to do?

We want to create a high risk - high reward RP setting where those who are ambitious and clever will prosper but the ambitious and foolhardy will struggle. However, we don't just want to throw a criminal society in there, we want to build it from the grass roots. No rich nobles keeping the entire organisation afloat through backstory means, we'll be in actual peril.

The methods of our RP will be manipulation, trickery, blackmail. All the fun stuff really, where you have to properly plot and plan ahead and not just run straight in and smash everything to take what you want. However, if we're backed into the corner then there will be blood, just not carnage.

The only issue?
This is an interest check through and through, this might not even happen as we are still on TOR right now, but we're putting our concept out there nice and early to see if it is something the people want and if it is, then chances are you'll see us set up and good to go in just over a month or so. Exams and what not meaning we can't do it sooner!

And since we're not seasoned GW2 RPers we are unsure of where to set ourselves up ICly in game, so advice towards that would be great. We know that there's a lot going on in Amnoon but with the Hamaseen thing that could be tricky and restrictive if it's only native humans.

Now that I'm pretty much done...

If you're still here, thanks for reading, and drop me a pog or a reply in this thread to show some interest! I might draft up some character profiles

I'm not in game that much yet, so best way to contact me would be an enjin mail or comment here if you want to grab me for whatever reason, I'll try check it daily.

- Ven.
Posted Mar 24, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 24, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+209
A very cool idea!
There is a group of similar concept of low-to-high society already functioning in EU GW2 community, albeit far far more subtle, not on Enjin, and focused less on the evil deeds and more so on persuasion, favors and network creation; as-well as loyalty. Even if not above blackmail, manipulation and utter destruction either should it be needed.

As discussed between us before, the concepts are yet a little different.. and we welcome both coop and rivalry :d
Posted Mar 24, 18 · Last edited Mar 24, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+7
Aye we'll be focusing on manipulation, persuasion and such as well. However the rivalry/cooperation between two such organisations could make it even better to be honest!

Far better to be attempting to outplay other players rather than NPCs!
Posted Mar 24, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+126
I like the sound of this. We need more villains and debauchery in the gw2 universe! If you have any questions on more or need some more information to help you along, feel free to poke or ask the guys/gals right here on GW2roleplayers! We're all happy to help :d
Posted Mar 25, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+677
This concept sounds a lot like the one my guild has. ;) The Nameless may find themselves in a bit of a turf war if they get too excited. Either that or an invitation to a tea party, who knows.
Merlei Faye - The Ghost.
Faewin - Mender and Elementalist.

Posted Mar 25, 18
Pogs:
+7
After a detailed chat with an officer named on your recruitment post I was told we wouldn't be stepping on the Friend's toes! ^^ If you are not the ghost then I've made a mistake in my guild research however and do apologise!
Posted Mar 25, 18 · OP
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices