Recent Threads
Main Forum
Page
of 2

*INTEREST CHECK* Traveling bar RP

12 replies
Pogs:
+59
So, lately i've been pondering what it was about early GW2 that made the enviorment so great when it comes to roleplaying, and i've come to believe this was due to the fact how everything felt so alive, I remember being out in the world leveling and comming across so many different guilds that roleplayed in various places (Like Claypool and Shaemoor, Triskell and Fort Salma.

This all lead me to a new, fresh idea that I think might work for pumping more life into the RP scene, and with that bring various players from various communities together:

A travelling, once a week bar event. The idea being quite simple; A small group of roleplayers sets out to various places in the world to host a simple eventing where people can just socialize and interract, have a drink, and set out on new adventures with new acquaintances.

I'd like to hear your opinions on this, to see if there's any demand/wish for this!
Yes, I'd like to see this.
14 votes
56%
No, this just doesnt sound helpful.
11 votes
44%
Number of voters: 25
Poll is closed
Posted May 4, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+187

Not for everyone, just to anyone

Posted 7 minutes from now.
Posted May 15, 18 · Last edited May 15, 18
Pogs:
+187
on a bit more on a constructive note:

I just don't see the logic behind the idea.
If a certain spot ingame is known to often have a group of rpers gathering there, it will attract more rpers, who are just gonna check out if there actually is anyone there, and if so, they might join or may not join.

A lot of people just rp to enjoy being a little longer ingame, eventhough they already did all their dailies stuff,
and have no intention to play anymore actual game content on that day,
so they are likely to wp to a few spots on their default map they always go to once theyre done. And if no one is there, they'll check mapchat if anything interesting is being discussed, so obviously, they'll just log off.
Now if your tavern rp happens to be there when they do, they join in. And if they enjoyed it, they will check the day afterwards again, and if no one is there then, cause you've moved on, they'll just log off and check again the day after that, and when no is there then again, they'll assume it was a one time thing, and they won't check again for some time.

it is very unlikely that they will instead try to find where you are, and even if they do, if they see you're in a map, they never rp in, they'll just log off.

In truth, here's what will probably happen if you go through with it, you'll make some posts, advertise, and 3 or 4 will join, and from that, maybe or maybe not more will join. And then you'll try to do it the next week again, and..maybe the same will join, or maybe not. And it will only take 1 time, where no one joins, or you yourself can't make it, and it will just die completely then.
leaving with no new hotspot, and nothing changed for the better.
atleast, thats what i expect. goodluck either way though.

Pogs:
+187
Here's another idea to "revive" or help the community though..

Make a guild or community, in which members, are not 24/7 heroes, mercenaries, always on duty, raincoating and jobless.
Like as in..during daytime, we all pretend, to have been doing "our jobs" ic'ly (but infact, we were just playing the game ooc'ly) and when our characters get back to the city, they actually stop being on duty, stop talking about their adventures or babble about how their horrid pet is their best friend, and also stop talking about shit they have been talking and doing all day, cause theyre glad that part of the day is over then,

and they would actually, prefer to do nothing, sit about, have a drink, make dirty jokes, talk about the weather, or search for a partner to share their life with so they dont die lonely, or that they would roleplay to go shopping for new cloths together and try some outfits out, cause they dont want to wear brown trenchcoats or full plate all day. or even have married couple-fights at their homes first about dirty socks laying next to the bed instead of in the laundry basket, and then makes jokes about their nagging wives with their buddies when they managed to escape for a moment.

i know, sounds crazy, that from an ic point of view, your character would just be as glad his/her workday/shift is over, and they would actually look forward to do nothing interesting at all.
Like we do, when we log in to the game.

And if you have doubts about that being a succes, visit ministers waypoint sometimes, doesnt matter which shard, each one greatly outnumbers the total amount of rpers elsewhere on the map, with people doing nothing interesting besides just being in game, passing time.
Best part even, a guild or group like that wouldnt even need the default-stereo-type-rp-guild-officer causing drama and filling an important high-ranked-role-ic'ly, cuz of his/her POWAHHH... happy days at last.

Page
of 2
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices