Page
of 2

[SEP] Dogs of Oath - Separatist-Aligned Mercenary Guild | Recruitment Closed

13 replies
Pogs:
+68
Screenshot_6_1.png

Background

Through the denizens of Ebonhawke, rumor begins to spread of a new faction rising in popularity. They are spoken of only in vague and often contradictory terms – vigilantes, patriots, sellswords – but at the core of their mission statement, they are undoubtedly one thing: insurrectionists. The Treaty is viewed as nothing short of oppression by their kind, though rarely is this expressed verbally. Rather, their disdain for proposed peace between the Charr and humanity is displayed through their actions. Traveling charr merchants and Legion outposts are popular targets of this group – often finding themselves ambushed or sabotaged in the middle of the night.

Unlike most separatist movements, however, they do not harm their own. In fact, many locals beseech their aid in handling dangers that surround them, be it beast or beast. Akin to the vague nature of their movement, little is known of the head of their operation. A dead man, some say, without a name. Warliar, others call their leader, though few to none have a face to place with the name. Suspected members are seen wearing pelts with patterns far too unique to have come from any animal in the Plains – save for one.

Flyers begin to spring up around the stronghold, unlike the usual propaganda that can be seen. Written in Ascalonian and minimalist in design, they are an easy thing to miss. But to those who notice, their message is clear:

They are the Dogs of Oath, and they are waiting for you.

dogs_of_oath_poster.jpg

*Dogs of Oath. Join us, for Ascalon.

Recruitment and OOC Information

Recruitment is closed.

Dogs of War is a guild centered around mercenary work, with a not-so-subtle undertone of Separatist ideology. Based out of the Fields of Ruin, most IC arrangements will be centered around the area, though contracts outside of the Plains can be taken, if it benefits the cause.

This is a newly formed guild that may be subject to some test-periods and adjustments, though it is my goal to keep it as stable as possible. Guild repping will be rather lax, as our numbers may be rather low (depending on the demand for Separatist-themed roleplay). Regardless of our amount of members, I will be consistently planning events for the guild, as well as one-on-one interactions, should the need arise.

Contact

Any questions, comments, or critiques can be sent to Aiseniar.1798 in-game.
Posted May 9, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 31, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Kae
Pogs:
+114
Benefactor
What if a human mercenary came around skulking after work who didn't care much about the politics? She'll do most anything for anyone, though she'd probably keep her mouth zipped about that in front of guild members.

Kae#8761
Posted Jul 11, 18
Pogs:
+68
That would certainly be viable! My focus has shifted to my tavern as of late, though there is definitely room for tie-ins and what have you. She'd be accepted on board, so long as she swore her discretion.
Posted Jul 11, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+68
Bumping this bad boy in hopes of stirring up some interest for the new year. It's been a while since I took interest in the Ebonhawke scene, but if anyone's looking for some Sep interaction, send me a message.
Posted Dec 30, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+10
Super-excited to see this, and Separatist RP in general. Might give me a reason to use my human again! I'll plop you a message with some schtuff.

Sterling is a great writer and an awesome person; highly recommend them if you're looking for some good 'ol Ascalonian RP. Ebonhawke has so much potential!
Posted Jan 1, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+21
While I don't have many Sep characters (and also all of my guild slots are full), I certainly have a couple of charr merchants who I'd gladly subject to some attacks from this group o/
NA: Chaz.1857 (Tarnished Coast)
Semi-IC Tumblr!
Posted Jan 1, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Kae
Pogs:
+114
Benefactor
wrote:
While I don't have many Sep characters (and also all of my guild slots are full), I certainly have a couple of charr merchants who I'd gladly subject to some attacks from this group o/
Y'all go be friends with Chaz, 'cuz they're great and fun and love getting attacked by separatists. Also a really wonderful writer and all around cool cat.

(Pun intended).

Kae#8761
Posted Jan 1, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+10
Oh hey, a Chaz, too! When I had Blixx out in Ebonhawke, ran into your character briefly in the open, and that was a delightful interaction. Looking forward to seeing the city lively again, for sure!
Posted Jan 1, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+21
Heck yeah, I'd love to get back to Ebonhawke stuff for sure! Chaz is a bit braver about being out that way now that they've been forced to confront their fears (but do not mistake composure for ease, they're still jittery as all get-out). They'll have some reasons for being out that way too, for sure.
NA: Chaz.1857 (Tarnished Coast)
Semi-IC Tumblr!
Posted Jan 1, 19
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,181
Glad to see you reinvigorating Separatist things again! Pretty much the only aspect of GW2 that still sparks my interest.
What she lacks in poetry, she makes up for in venom.
Posted Jan 3, 19
Page
of 2
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices