Recent Threads
Main Forum

[EU] The Dandy Lions Carnival Presents- The Tyrian Beer and Cider Festival 1331!

8 replies
Pogs:
+443
qg2SG43.jpg

Yes. A non-wrestling event. I know. Wow.

Calling all brewers, distillers, people with large guts and wearers of socks with sandals! Or people generally who have an interest in quality alcoholic beverages! We invite you to sample in the offerings of the best of Tyrian beer! We also invite brewers to show their craft to the world for all to enjoy!
camra.jpg

FAQ

When is it?
30th of May from approximately 7.30PM GMT (8.30PM CEST)

Where is it?

Lion's Arch brew hall, Fort Marriner.
HhdnifX.png
QTriGOr.jpg

What kind of beer is on offer?
A beer list from those close to the Carnival will be listed here soon, but there can and will be more!

My character is a brewer, how do I submit beers/cider/perry/alcohols?
Put a description of the drink, the name and ABV and write to me here or on this thread. I will also accept via in-game at TCGonBikes.6812

Will there be entertainment?
The hosts will provide some light entertainment during the event.

Is there a completion?
We'll be opening a poll on the evening for your character's favorite beer. Vote as they would as there will be a prize for the most popular!
Spoiler: Beers announced thus farShow
Posted May 14, 18 · OP · Last edited May 29, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+443
An example, and as a result our first beer!

Brewery: Errant Travels Brewery
Name: Mordrem Punch
Style: Krytan IPA
ABV: 5.3%
Description: A juicy IPA, loaded with delicious refreshing citrus and a hint of bitterness. Really easy drinking and perfect to enjoy in the sun baked Lion's Arch during the Phoenix season.

Please send me them via messages or in-game at TCGonBikes.6812!
If you can use the above style, it makes creating a list of beer much easier for me! Hope to see you in two weeks time!
Posted May 16, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+199
I just -have- to participate in this! Here are two humble additions to the list..
Surely so, I can make even more if need be ;) Looking foward to the event!!!

Brewery: Thurstons International (Coglomerate of Companies)
Name: Thurstons Oakwood Ale
Style: Amber Ale
ABV: 4.5%
Description: With it's malts delicately soaked over various wood fires and left to age in our famous Whiskey Oak barrels, this full bodied, deep amber cloured beer carries a light smokey flavor. Prevalent roasty malt flavors against the woody and spicy smoked notes. Somewhat bitter, the beer pairs well with raw fish, game meats, and pork cuts.

Brewery: Thurstons International (Coglomerate of Companies)
Name: Thurstons Hunter's delight
Style: Best Bitter
ABV: 5.0%
Description: This beer combines mild crisp notes along with very full/bready malt flavors. Biscuity, nutty, and toasty accents are present. This stronger version can show a touch of caramel and roasted fruit, and is excellent with blue cheese or game meat.

Posted May 16, 18 · Last edited May 16, 18
Pogs:
+443
A reminder this is in 10 days! Excitement! And with that. More beer! Next up we have a much darker, strong beer from Divnity's Reach!

Brewery: Almsman Brewery
Name: Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
Style: Imperial Stout
ABV: 10%
Description: A strong, aged beer with distinctive liquor notes on a body of smoke with a thin, brown head on pour. Heavy notes of bourbon and oak smoke on the taste with hints of liquoriche, a smooth palette, with a distinctive bourbon-esque burn finish
Posted May 21, 18 · OP · Last edited May 21, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+443
With but 5 days left, guess what we have. That's right. More beer!

Brewery: Errant Travels
Name: Branded Rain
Style: Sour beer
ABV: 3.3%
Description: Big blackcurrant red beer with a faded purple cap that retains well. Nose is tarte berry fruits, red apple skins, damp hay, lemon rind. Taste comprises mellow blueberries, sharp blackcurrant, grains, balsa wood, lemon balm. Medium bodied, fine carbonation, semi drying close. Very fruity and less sharp introduction to sour beers than traditional.
Posted May 26, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+443
Two days to go! Complete beer listings to come tomorrow!
Posted May 28, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+443
With the event starting in just over 24 hours, what better time to add the final beer listings!
Spoiler: Beer listing from organisers!Show
Posted May 29, 18 · OP · Last edited May 29, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+443
Just 3 hours to go before the party of the boozy year! Shard information will be released an hour before, so watch this thread!
Posted May 30, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+443
Tonight's event IP is 35.156.132.82:0! Please contact TCGonBikes.6812 for a taxi!
Posted May 30, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices