Recent Threads
Main Forum

New to GW2RP!

5 replies
Pogs:
+2
Greetings there,
So I've started playing Guild Wars 2 more than one year ago, but then I quickly had to quit as I had many exams to study for, however by the time I finished the exams, I kind of forgot about the game altogether.. But now I downloaded the game again AND found out about this awesome community here!
I absolutely love RP, as I've RPed in many games before, such as SA:MP (Multiplayer mod for GTA San Andreas), ARKRP, DayZRP, ..etc..), but I have ever RPed in an MMO before to be honest, so I am really excited about it goes! How is the RP scene now? Does alot of RP happen in public or do I absolutely need to find a guild in order to RP?
Thanks in advance and hope to encounter all of you very soon!
Posted May 15, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+187
How is the RP scene now?
*Where is the RP scene now? -> Good question, not here though.

Does alot of RP happen in public -> no

or do I absolutely need to find a guild in order to RP? -> yes but a lot (certainly not all) are horrid with the worst people this community has to offer , actually leading them.

I am really excited about it goes! -> hold that thought and stay positive, the rp scene kinda needs that now.

sidenote: welcome none the less, hope you'll find something to your liking.

Not for everyone, just to anyone

Posted 7 minutes from now.
Posted May 15, 18 · Last edited May 15, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+204
Welcome to the gw2rp community!

Most roleplay you can find would likely be in guilds/communities. Given the exam period and some dramas, people are currently taking a break from public roleplay. Worry not, however. GW2rp community can be pretty good, and more people are going to return come exams ending.

If you want any help concerning integration or tips, don't hesitate to post around on gw2rp forums, or contact me directly at Krinstin.6287

Enjoy your stay in the gw2rp community!

Posted May 15, 18 · Last edited May 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,700
Benefactor
I feel the need to correct some of the stuff Lolivia has shared.

*Where is the RP scene now --- There is still a considereable ammount of RP in Divinity's Reach, and there is RP in Amnoon mostly thanks to the Community guild TCA. However you can only find reliably RP there around peak play times. Also yes, a considerable part of the community is here, but there are also a tone of people who RP in game and don't bother with the forums, like is the case in every MMO out there ever.

*Does alot of RP happen in public --- Not as much as we'd wish, but it is certainly there and you can run into it. Again, mostly around peak times.

*or do I absolutely need to find a guild in order to RP? --- In this case Lolivia is mostly correct. The game hasn't been particularly friendly to random unguilded RP after its first couple of years of life. Populations dropped as is the natural cycle in most MMOs and the Megaservers made things even more tricky. Until you find what flavour of RP you most like I suggest joining the Wandering Roleplayers, who are the ideal place to be as a new person. Your other option is the above poster's own community guild which is based out of Amnoon, so you need the PoF expansion to RP with them.

Other than that welcome dude. Have fun and feel free to ask people for guidance, most of us are helpful.
Spoiler: PSShow
WqLb6AO.gif
Posted May 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+204
I feel the need to correct some of the stuff Lolivia has shared.

*Where is the RP scene now --- There is still a considereable ammount of RP in Divinity's Reach, and there is RP in Amnoon mostly thanks to the Community guild TCA. However you can only find reliably RP there around peak play times. Also yes, a considerable part of the community is here, but there are also a tone of people who RP in game and don't bother with the forums, like is the case in every MMO out there ever.

*Does alot of RP happen in public --- Not as much as we'd wish, but it is certainly there and you can run into it. Again, mostly around peak times.

*or do I absolutely need to find a guild in order to RP? --- In this case Lolivia is mostly correct. The game hasn't been particularly friendly to random unguilded RP after its first couple of years of life. Populations dropped as is the natural cycle in most MMOs and the Megaservers made things even more tricky. Until you find what flavour of RP you most like I suggest joining the Wandering Roleplayers, who are the ideal place to be as a new person. Your other option is the above poster's own community guild which is based out of Amnoon, so you need the PoF expansion to RP with them.

Other than that welcome dude. Have fun and feel free to ask people for guidance, most of us are helpful.
Spoiler: PSShow

Honestly sorry for that remark. It wasn't intended in any bad way but as a jest that likely came off worse than ment. (I was frankly not refering to anyone, I like most people in this community, and as said in my now removed ps, I frankly think all leaders in the gw2rp community are great- from what I've seen of them) I'd imagine a guild would turn a new page either way with change of leadership, but understandably; My humor may be way too sarcastic/bitter, I'll keep this in mind for the future and hope I didn't honestly anger. Thanks for the headsup.

Posted May 16, 18 · Last edited May 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+267
Welcome, regarding RP it's a bit of both.

My guild is mostly RP-PvE though we have people hang around in DR trying to keep it active, reason being it brings in new people and it's also means we can RP with other people, so a win-win for us.

I would suggest starting off with the wandering RPers as a hub guild but if you want something more focused, take a look at the RP guilds and see what tickles your fancy, you are always welcome to join the discord for my guild, don't have to join, very happy for people to just take a look around, ask questions on RP and what not.

https://discord.gg/kKjrdjC

I'm also creating a discord that is made purely with the intent of providing new RPers a huge resource to learn about how to make a GW2 character, it's still a bit rough around the edges but you're welcome to look around there too..

https://discord.gg/6QZSwqv

Keep in mind though, that one is more for my guild, as I have people in it who haven't been RPing that long too, so it's just a way for me to teach them about my own guild lore and how I RP around game mechanics and it's also for people to go the character creation screen, to creating a fully fledged character.

It's all "in the works" and want to stress don't need to join my guild I have made my discord an open platform for people to come and go.
4062276.jpg

Posted May 17, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices