No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum

Question about TC

3 replies
Pogs:
+7
Hello again!

I've realized that I'm not in Tarnished Coast and I've used up my world transfer already. This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to RP in Guild Wars 2 without being in TC? Almost everyone I've seen is.
Posted Aug 21, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+91
Yes! With the megaservers, the instance of the map you'll end up on doesn't always have to do with the server you're on (though it does seem to help a lot.)
It just means you might load into the wrong shard more often. The solution to this is just to party up with someone who is in the right shard, allowing you to join them. (If anyone ever asks you for a taxi, this is what they mean.)
lewnatic.3279 (NA servers, Central Time)
Art Tumblr
Posted Aug 21, 18
Pogs:
+105
In theory, you are placed in a server shard based upon your home server, your friends list, and your guilds. While I was on Sea of Sorrows, I found if enough of my guild members were online and I was repping my RP guild I could land on the RP shard in DR. Outside of DR it doesn't really matter. You can also guest onto another server, but I can't vouch as to how well it works though.
uFsZJ7M.png
Posted Aug 21, 18
Kae o
Pogs:
+99
Benefactor
TC is actually not my home server, either. I guest there whenever I'm hunting for RP and that seems to work fine.

Kae#8761
Posted Aug 22, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices