No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum

Character concepts

5 replies
Pogs:
+3
Before I started posting toons everywhere...I wanted to pop a few on here to get opinions. Some can have trouble with my ideas(especially my old now dead guild)

1.Siendall:Human that uses a crapton of bloodstone..magic weapons...even gauntlets and boots...warped by its magic and now has wings and glowing bloodstone colored eyes. His blade now also drains life force when it hits.(cosmetic effect)

2. Parkranger Manakin: an android created by an Experimental forestry management A.I. built by an Asuran Genius. The A.I. named Oz was shot into tyria's orbit to manage its forests and animals(the Asuran had an obsession with the sylvari) To better manage its forests the A.I. started building androids to walk tyria's surface and be its eyes and ears...sadly the A.I. now believes itself a god to its(followers/Children) androids.

3. Einar the barbarian:think Thundarr the barbarian and you get it...he even has a sunsword :p

4. Malachai Margrave:If you've played pathfinder..you know who damiel the alchemist is...basically that's the concept.

well I got more..but I figured id just post these as they are what I play most....wanted to run the basic by you all before I just show up somewhere. Lemme know your thoughts...

cya soon.
Cake is a lie..there are only cookies...
Thru cookies i gain weight...
Thru weight i become fat...
Thru fat my belt is broken...
My girth shall set my pants free...

The Darth Baras code.
Posted Aug 27, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+79
just before you start reading what i typed the only thing im doing is providing feedback, not harrassing/being hostile to you

1. too much bloodstone. also what explains the bloodstone eyes and how would you explain the sword draining lifeforce? also why would the character use so much bloodstone? imagine walking around a city with normal looking farmers and citizens then your character casually walking around with bloodstone armour n stuff and glowing bloodstone eyes. seems edgy

2. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Golem
golems haven't reached the point where they can create android AI stuff, neither are they capable of making a golem look like any current race

3. define sunsword, but i'll guess it's something op that can shoot sunlight rays or teleport the sun to the enemy to burn the world then return the sun where it was

4. dunno who that is

perfect character: average farmer who makes a living by selling her products to people in need while studying the art of elementalism she was gifted with

and here's a tip: try not to go to the lorebreaking side when making a character. it's best to do your research before doing all of that. and where's the fun in making your character so op? they'll end up having everything you intended them to have, instead of making a normal character where you can start developing the story from through RP. now that's where the actual fun lies
*insert hot signature*

username: xDiogen.3594
discord: Diogen#5338
Posted Aug 27, 18 · Last edited Aug 27, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+3
1. The bloodstone I was referring to was those new earth gauntlets and boots from the gem store..just chips and pieces.

2. Ive played the story arc and taimi's friend became a golem...but another states that it wasn't him but a copy of his intelligence. This was the idea that sparked this guy. The big a.i. was created by an asuran...maybe the asuran copied his primary intellect into it and its that A.I. that made manakin, dunno. And the thing looks like a robot/golem.(the inquest outfit)

3.As for the sunsword..its just the lightsaber style from the holosmith. Its just basically a sword/lightsaber

4.hes just an alchemist..potions and such. I use the elixirs and stuff and grenades to represent it. makes steamtech stuff too.

The Darth Baras code.
Posted Aug 27, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+79
1. oh, alright, as long as there's a proper backstory and lore for your gauntlets and boots, go for it. also what about the bloodstone eyes?

2. yeah, it seems like a neat concept, but it doesn't go well with GW2, i'd suggest avoiding that

3. oh, a holosmith sword. sure, that's neat

4. well i'm gonna be biased here mainly because i love alchemy and steam tech, but go for this one.
*insert hot signature*

username: xDiogen.3594
discord: Diogen#5338
Posted Aug 27, 18 · Last edited Aug 27, 18
Pogs:
+1,132
For the first character concept, speaking on terms of credibility, having bloodstone as a human, one should recognize it's severe toxic effects to all life forms and consider the implications of wielding it and harm it could do to others. The only people physically changed by bloodstone in gw2 end up being Bloodcrazed and no longer of the right mind. It corrupts and eventually can kill. I think the idea of having glowing eyes to the use of magic can be explained in a sensible way as I've seen other RPers do this. But as far as wings are concerned, many if not most RPers will be wary of one who claims their character have wings as it is not found in the game universe in GW2. A decoration or accessory, sure. Actual wings, unless you are a tengu or harpy, no.

The second concept reminds me of the Horizon: Zero Dawn plot. I'm not necessarily against the concept. If you want to play a golem with A.I. themes, perhaps limit the scope to just a small remote corner of Magumma map or another remote area. Better yet, an area that has been previously devastated that needs this effort of rebirth if the function of an asura's project. Certainly not all of Tyria.

Not sure on the reference to the barbarian but I presume any barbarian character would be fine.

An alchemist would also be a good concept.

The last two ideas appear to be the most viable and likely to get you RP in my opinion. Typed this on my phone so sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes in advance. Have fun RPing in gw2.
silver.7895 - Cervato - Her Story - The Tyrian Accord
Posted Aug 27, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+3
well I guess ill have to use malachai...im sad I really like manakin...but whatever works..anyway...heres Damiel..

tumblr_lmc4j8b87_L1qbuknmo1_500.jpg

and heres Malachai :p

malachai.png

The Darth Baras code.
Posted Aug 27, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices