This is my first post on the site, hoping some more experienced roleplayers could perhaps share their thoughts with me on some character concepts I've come up with. Also hoping this post abides by all forum rules. Fingers crossed.
I'm a casual player, some dungeons, no fractals or raids, no PvP or WvW. Hopefully will get more into that once I'm done with grad school in April. I like to do some "light" roleplay, choosing a Profession/Race and exploring the world through their unique lense. My goal is to level cap every Elite Spec. Already have the HoT and PoF Elites done and done, these would be prepping for the Gen III elite specs, whenever those come out.
- A Flame Legion Shaman, essentially. I like the idea of an Iron Legion Elementalist supercharging Fire with Air, to increase the temperature of the flame, melting down Earth and other ores, and quenching the resulting metals with Water. A one-man steel foundry.
- A charming, kinda aloof spellcaster, whose wunderlust and childlike naivete has lead her to Necromancy. She is fascinate with blood and bone and flesh, especially since he's not made of any of these substances. However, this may or may not be unsettling to others. Probably one of my more popular combos.
- A storyteller at heart, this Norn takes the role of the Skald to the extreme, using their illusion powers to not just tell these tales and legends, but almost replicate them, to become something akin to a Broadway performance. I think Snow Leopard would be a great Spirit Of The Wild to mix in.
- I honestly don't know. I think this is the one that really stops my flow. College of Dynamics? Maybe? Maybe like...a corporate spy? College/Krewe A contracts this dude to infiltrate and extricate whatever research College/Krewe B is working on?
- Charr have a animal side to them, and I'd like to explore that. Returning to nature, running free, unbound and untamed. Perhaps not fully feral, but perhaps wanting to not be bound to The High Legions.
- Certainly not the first Profession that comes to mind when one thinks Norn, but I think it could be interesting. I like the idea of a Norn blacksmith who slowly intergrated Charr tech, and became a gunsmith as a result. Plus, I think the "Charr" look to Engineer Turrets could just as easily be Norn.
- This little lizardy dudes are born scientists and explorers. I can certainly see one of these, particularly a student of The College of Dynamics, stepping into the Mists, perhaps even Fractals, in an attempt to learn more The Eternal Alchemy. And something came back with them. Would be a hell of a boon, to get your research directly from the source.
- I think the Warrior can be more than just a savage, brute-force juggernaut. I kinda like the idea of a Longbow Warrior that takes more the role of team leader or commander. A bit more finessed, a bit more nuanced.
Thank you for your time everyone, any questions/comments/concerns/kudos are appreciated. Good hunting.