No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum

Necromancer/Reaper/Demon lore info

4 replies
Pogs:
Hello!
Recently I decided to finally start roleplaying in GW2. So now I am thinking of using my Norn Necromancer/Reaper for making a character.
Now I can't find much lore info about necromancers and reapers and their magic. Does anyone have knowledge about them or links with information?
Second, maybe I want to have my character to have some demonic influences. I don't  know how yet and if it is even possible lorewise. But I can not find much information about demons either.
Anyone got something wise to say or tips?:d
KlTQhQF.png
c09Dmhz.png
8GAak09.png
2sRxVZ0.png
|| Semoa Telvanni ||
|| @ceeress ||

|| My artwork ||

Posted Sep 16, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+263
Demons are purely Mist-entities that are almost always malevolent. I played with this concept with I first started RP and still regret doing it to this day so I'd recommend staying away from that particular concept. There is some info on the wiki about them (if not the GW2 one then the GW1) so if you do want to have some idea about how they work I'd check that out.

Necromancy wise it's just another school of magic that a person with that kind of aptitude can study.
Zyron of Krios - 80 sylvari thief
Kassandra of Dale - 80 human warrior
Coffeeman.7356
Posted Sep 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,707
As far as demons, there are the Underworld kind, which you'll see ingame as aatxe and fleshreavers. Some are ghosty, some are skeleton-y monsters, but all of them guard the Underworld from outsiders, and really really don't like being yanked out of the Underworld, which is why they tend to attack on sight. Necromancers can "tame" shades with their summon ability; there hasn't been any lore discussion ingame as to how that works but I've always just assumed it's a necromancer summoning a low-level demony guy and binding it to their control.

In GW1 Prophecies there was a period of time where you could go to the Underworld. There were a lot of ghosts wandering around confused, and the demons there, aatxes and shades and stuff, attacked you because you were an outsider. They left the ghosts alone though.

You can identify Underworld demons by the fact they're usually greenish black. At least, the non-fleshy ones are.

There are also the Margonites, which are called demons too. They worked for Abaddon when he was banished to the Realm of Torment by the other gods. They were the main bad guys in GW1 Nightfall, and are visually distinguished from other kinds of demons by their five-or-six eyes and that their color scheme is purple. When Abaddon died they sorta all scattered all over the place. Revenants can channel one of the big ones, Mallyx, and the sand jackal mounts are lost Margonite spirits bound to elemental bodies by djinni.
0383DKg.png
Posted Sep 16, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+1,511
wrote:
Hello!
Recently I decided to finally start roleplaying in GW2. So now I am thinking of using my Norn Necromancer/Reaper for making a character.
Now I can't find much lore info about necromancers and reapers and their magic. Does anyone have knowledge about them or links with information?
Second, maybe I want to have my character to have some demonic influences. I don't  know how yet and if it is even possible lorewise. But I can not find much information about demons either.
Anyone got something wise to say or tips?:d

Necromancy is a "dark" magic, but not inherently evil. Reapers don't really have much lore to them sadly. Just like a mesmer or ele, there are various areas one could focus in.

As for demons, it'd be hard to pull off. There aren't many demons around that actively try to influence or affect people anymore (beyond killing them). Depending what you mean by "demonic" influence it's very tricky to say whether it'd be lore fitting or not.
GW2 home server- Sorrow's Furnance Kalavier.1097
The Noble The SurvivorThe Commander

Feedback is great, and helps to improve us. If something seems off in my bios, come poke me and discuss it! If something is awesome, tell me! :)
Posted Sep 19, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+268
As many have said, Necromancers aren't really what you're after.

However.

Norn have shamans who tend to the mists, called Havrouns

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Havroun

You can also make a Norn Rev so they have some connection to the mists and they just so happen to have...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Demon_Stance

My guild RPs Revs like this...

The world is covered in magic, hence why Ele's can throw fireballs.

The spirit world (mists) is a part of Tyria, Revs pull magic from there.

Revs cast spells that legendary people in Tyria could cast, they don't have a connection to that spirit other than their spells and they can only do those spells IF they are playable characters NOT NPCs/Villains.

Reason for this is RP is all about making it fun for others and not hogging the limelight for your character, if a rev can do the same as another guild member, the only difference is their character, which is more important than their power level.

One rule to keep in mind, is RP is a team activity, if you want to RP however you want, write a story or find a guild/group that will accept your RP.
4062276.jpg

Posted Sep 19, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices