Main Forum
Page
of 3

The Conclave of Sorcerers

26 replies
Pogs:
+32
The Keepers of Magic

The Conclave of Sorcerers is a secretive order of wizards who convene to exchange, perpetuate and expand magical knowledge. It was founded by Morarkhan Imperius, baron of Ravenrock, and a small group of wealthy backers who hold its mission in high regard. Among the rumoured backers are the mysterious directors of the Ebon Bank, whose bonds with House Imperius run deep.

The Conclave is comprised of a council formed by master wizards who have proven their grasp of their chosen art through the production of a masterwork, and sworn to work for the benefit of all eldritch arts. These are the Sorcerers. They have a duty to preserve magical knowledge whenever they can, and act for its betterment through research or, in some rare instances, by tracking down knowledge too dangerous to be left in the wrong hands, and eliminating those monsters borne from the perversions of the arcane craft.

Each Sorcerer also has a duty to teach, though some may choose not to fulfill it. A Sorcerer may take on an apprentice and enter a covenant with them. The master owes their apprentice food, clothing, lodging and knowledge, vowing to train them until they can be expected to wander the world to complete their formation on their own as a journeyman/journeywoman. The apprentice owes the master obedience, loyalty and labour as their assistant, in return for master's protection, care and tutoring.

Sorcerers, apprentices and journeymen affiliated with the Conclave may use the various facilities owned or rented by the the Conclave's backers, who also provide food and lodging there. However, the Sorcerers receive no pay, and their expenses are payed for by their own careers as magic-users. Sorcerers may work as they desire, as court wizards, artificers, alchemists, conduits to the Dead or published authors, scholars of the occult and mercenaries plying their art to that of war. They can move through the world, content in the knowledge that they are part of a community whose names are kept away from prying eyes.

Still, their oaths bind them to the cause of magic, and they keep a vigilant eye on the eldritch fabric of the spell-bound world.

IoAcJOu.jpg

Recruitment

The Conclave of Sorcerers is a new guild based around the idea of having strong magical RP around events concerning teaching, researching occult secrets and neutralizing magical threats, with a theme I would put closer to Winterhold College from Skyrim: lots of autonomy for individual spellcasters, but a brotherhood that will protect you if an angry mob starts hunting you with pitchforks.

We are looking for all RPers who have magic-using characters. We will be looking at making a core group of sorcerers first, then we will move on to pair them with newer characters entering as apprentices. Ideally, everyone coming in should be paired with a master or an apprentice in the long term, and find a place within the community! If you are thinking of creating a new character to give this a go, feel free to check out our lores of magic guide.

In the mean time, I encourage anyone curious about us to check out our Enjin website, I have posted a few spellbooks and course papers on elemental magic, chaos arts and necromancy.

If this has peeked your interest, feel free to contact me ingame, on Enjin or on Discord.

Contact information:
  • On Enjin: Naedr
  • Ingame: Dracyon Imperius.6309 (EU/Piken Square)
  • Discord: Naedrelian#0772

Find the guild website here!

NVpMemP.png
Posted Oct 22, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 29, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Kae o
Pogs:
+99
Benefactor
I do not play any magic-using characters, but I love this idea. I hope it takes off.

Kae#8761
Posted Oct 22, 18
Pogs:
+32
Thanks! :)
Posted Oct 22, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+281
Good luck with this! Had this idea myself for years but only for necromancers. Even spent months trying to write an essay like text regarding the use of necromancers. Never had the energy to finish it however. Or to drive a guild. I hope it goes well for you! I would join in a heartbeat on one o my many necromancer toons if it wasn't because I cant promise that I actually have time to play or the will to rp (it's been hard to rp lately for some reason). But again, a marvelous idea that I think can bring a lot of fun if done right :) (Also read the ic book on necromancy you wrote and I like it)
gembannerax.png
Posted Oct 22, 18
Pogs:
+32
Oh, cheers for reading through it! :) I had a lot of fun writing those spellbooks, I hope I have time to update them. I tried joining a guild on NA, but it didn't work out, so I wanted to give this a try, using some of the recipes from star wars RP regarding strong master/apprentice bonds and adding lots of arcane elements, I do hope it works and gets people involved, I will definitly do my best to make it a success.
Posted Oct 22, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+32

Confidential memorandum read before the board of directors of the Ebon Bank, at the behest of Morarkhan Imperius, baron of Ravenrock and member of the board.

My lords, ladies and gentlemen of the Board,

There are those who would say we live in a time of greater clarity. Magitechnology has made ships airborne, and eldritch machines stand guard over our homes. In its crusade against the dragons, the Pact has uncovered long-lost secret and artefacts with the help of some of the greatest scholars and craftsmen of our age.

But be not deceived by this façade. This is a time of obscurity. The Pact, once thought to be our shield against the dragons, has slowly turned its attention to the oppressed people of the world. Sooner or later, it will come to realize the common thread between the Inquest, Palawa Joko, and the dragons.

Magic.

That word once held such infinite promise. The Ebon Bank is a known support of Ascalon, where once we held this truth for self-evident: that magic should be fostered and grown, not labelled and countered. I have seen the great and selfless work of the Priory, and seen its single, glaring flaw. They see knowledge dispassionately, content in the belief that all energies can be categorized, all arts broken down to understandable components, ready to become part of their arsenal, or another secret in their trove. But magic lives and dies with its practitioners, those who might soon fear the newfound inquisition that, even now, rends Joko’s kingdom to shreds. The malevolent lich earned his gruesome fate, but how many others would need hide their magic for fear they might be seen as a threat?

Mesmers have already resorted to their Collective, stashing their greatest spells far from sight. Necromancers have always been secretive, and even the great Isgarren has fled far from prying eyes. Faced with the onslaught of technicians, magic has grown dim despite the abundance of arcane energies, and out of necessity, those who grow to truly master the crafts of yore must hide the depth of their power.

I believe it is the sacred duty of all those who see magic, not as a set of tools, but as the very transmutation of the universe, to band together to protect eldritch knowledge from those who, by ignorance or malice alike, would see it destroyed or corrupted. We are keepers of a legacy of lore, and in our hands lays a future far beyond the narrow, mechanical dreams of ironmongers and canon crews.

Our realms, our cities, our dynasties and our history were built on arts learnt at the feet of Abaddon and the Forgotten. But we have grown since the fall of our teacher, and the Exile of his jailors. Feats once beyond our grasp now come easily to the disciples of Grenth, or the scions of Lyssa. And with every new ability we master, the dread of those who are deprived of such potent arts grows. Scholars no more, we shall soon be seen as monsters for the potential all have but only we have sought to grow. And the Pact made it clear when it started butchering Sylvari: monsters are never safe.

Therefore, I beseech the political and financial support of the Ebon Bank in my endeavour, to find like-minded sorcerers willing to see beyond the constraints of their crafts, and band together to defend magical knowledge and spell-bound beings from the frailty of this world, and the dark purposes of fiends who would seek to exploit our distress. We, the Conclave, will stand between the tides of fear and the abyss of depravation.

This, with your support, I will swear on my grimoire.

Morarkhan, lord Imperius.
Posted Oct 23, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+17
Alright ill admit this has my attention, due to this week though i cant think about applying, but i might just do so when i get a chance to!. Hope this kick's off well :d
Posted Oct 23, 18
Pogs:
+32
Great! Don't hesitate to contact me via Discord or Enjin if you want to know more, I'm always willing to talk.
Posted Oct 23, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+32

Quick update: with the organization taking shape, the new ranking sorcerers will slowly slip into the shadows, voyaging to Scholar's Cleft and Rata Arcanum to conceal their activities as they hone their magical arts in facilities rented or owned by the Conclave's backers. They will convene regularly in Lion's Arch to discuss the new arrivals, and soon start investigating strange traces of an eldritch ritual that has scarred the wretched mire of the Blackburn Hills...

Posted Oct 29, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+20
I have recently returned to GW2 after a long absence due to RL issues and am looking to get involved in roleplay(mainly with my Asuran Necromancer), something I've not done heavily in GW2 for quite a few years. Concept of this guild sounds very interesting. I'll keep an eye out for you in game to have a chat and see if I'd be a good fit for your guild and vice versa(my in game id being Madness Calms.7683 and my Necromancer named Ixxym). :)
Posted Nov 2, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Page
of 3
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices