Recent Threads
Main Forum

Where to go? Uninstanced Houses

6 replies
Pogs:
+269
Hey guys, I wondered if anyone knows what closed houses there is that is possible to get into and so on? Like there is the option to get into uninstanced Salma. Anyone tried Caudecus's Manor now when we got mounts to take us higher and glide longer? I know you can rp in there by not entering any of the paths, but a dungeon only allows 5 players :/

Maybe we could do a list on what houses works and not?

Edit: I couldn't find any other threads about this topic. If there are, please don't hesitate to point them out :)
gembannerax.png
Posted Oct 28, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 28, 18
Pogs:
+4
You mean areas you can get to by going over the invisible walls or terrain blocks, right? I've seen two-year old videos of people going out of bounds, but I'm not sure if that sort of thing wasn't patched out at some point.
32o4Tjx.png
Kairos | Naxalas | Ghorlick | Ildur | Ruphia | Rhion | Ulanan | Nyx
Posted Oct 30, 18
Maiyo o
Pogs:
+216
The thing about Caudecus's Manor is that it has its own instance entirely, so there's not really a way to jump into it from one of the non-instanced maps.

There used to be a way to get inside the guild initiative headquarters, but they patched it unfortunately... To my knowledge, there's no way to get back inside. I wouldn't object to the idea of a masterlist for methods of map-breaking into instanced areas, the issue is that there's so few of them.
IGN: maiyo.3582 // GW2 tumblr

CURRENTLY UPDATING ALL MY CHARACTER PROFILES... again.
Posted Oct 30, 18 · Last edited Oct 30, 18
Pogs:
+1,115
There's still ways of hopping into the Seraph HQ uninstanced, great if you need a formal office setting or need a dungeon.

You can actually go under the entirety of Divinity's Reach still, but can't get into the Dead End, just Seraph HQ - think the throne room is still off limits with this method.

There's also the one personal story asura house within Lion's Arch near the Priory campsite on the beach. You can hop over the wall and it's actually pretty great. They added a lot of furniture for people to use and sit in and added more decorations after adding more walls. Maybe we'll be using the locale again in the future for story, but the only thing to be wary of is that the lighting blinks often so that may be annoying. We used it for the big Halloween event.

Guild Initiative HQ - there's a way if you get under the map but I honestly haven't tried since they fixed the log in/log out method.

There used to be the asura lab instance in Garenhoff you could do the log in / log out method as well, but I think this also was fixed.

Haven't tried going outside the Grove out of boundaries in a while - but that is fun to see the Pale Tree up close.

In Gilded Hallow (the gold guild hall) when my guild used to have it, we built a staircase to the top with a pretty tree and there were lots of cool unexplored areas flying beyond that. Probably more cool with mounts.

There's a way to go out of the map in Caledon Forest that is pretty cool so that you can see far, but again this was pre-mounts.

A lot of these are probably out of date, but I always enjoyed venturing beyond "our limits" and friends shared a lot of good places.
silver.7895 - Cervato - Her Story - The Tyrian Accord
Posted Oct 30, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+2,777
This has me curious now about Ebonhawke. I'll have to explore and see if I can break through into some of the closed houses that you can see into (there aren't many, and doubtful if even those have anything in them).
tumblr_phjrisFT7y1tg2mtpo1_1280.jpg
Posted Oct 31, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+22
Actually, the Guild Initiative is still accesible, provided you have a springer. There's this nasty tiny part on the rooftop where logging in and out still works to break in.
The same goes for Seraph HQ. The almighty Springer -the best mount for mapbreaking imo- can send you over it.
The Outside-Grove is still accesible if a bit of a b*tch to get out of, but I suggest you poke around at the entrance of the 'city', near the presumed statue of Trahearne.
Ebonhawke doesn't have any housings as far as I am aware.
As for methods: A combination of envirronmental weapons, mounts, gliders and mesmer skills usually do the trick for any and all uninstanced locations, with the exception of some 'log-out-in' which for some reason -because Anet was bored- are allmost all locked up to this day.
Posted Nov 5, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+189

I have compiled places that I could break into, with pictures and slight description of how:

DIVINITY'S REACH

Spoiler: OSSAN WPShow
Spoiler: SERAPH HQShow
Spoiler: THRONE ROOMShow

THE GROVE

Getting into the uninstanced character home is pretty easy. Just springer up :)

Spoiler: MAPBREAKShow

RATA SUM

THIS ONE REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A GRIFFON

The map break essentially gets you to all uninstanced places of the 'Sum, including personal home, dock, lab--- even a close but sectioned off view of the arena at the upper right corner of the map.

LION'S ARCH

Spoiler: HAUNTED HOUSE?Show
Spoiler: GUILD BUILDING THINGShow

KESSEX HILLS

Spoiler: USOLAN'S HIDEOUT AKA CREEPY LABShow

DRAGON'S STAND (just for fun)

REQUIRES GRIFFON.

The map break of this meta map-- which is time gated-- allows you access to two new lines that are hidden at the topmost and bottom-most parts of DS.

The topmost one grants you access to a series of abandoned buildings, as well as a giant tentacle wiggling vine that swims in the distant shores of DS.

The bottom-most one is actually the DS instance lane, where you save Logan / Zojja.

There are other several uninstanced / mapbreak rp homes and interesting places out there that I've definitely not covered in the post, but know of existence. Once I figure out how to get those working (Caledon, Garenhoff, etc) I might give this post an update.
.dulcius ex asperis.
[TC] NA | Indicinis.4930 | Indicinis#0300
Posted Wed at 05:51 am · Last edited Wed at 5:52
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices