Recent Threads
Main Forum

Tyria One Page News

8 replies
Pogs:
+31
Hello everyone,
I'd like to present my new little project.

In the taverns of about every place of Tyria: from Kryta Human's kingdom, to the frozing lands of the Norns, to the metal filled holdings of the Charr, down to the jungle and constructs of Silvary and Asura, a single sheet of tanned paper appeared. In the taverns of about every place of Tyria: from Human's Kryta kingdom, to the frozing lands of the Norns, to the metal filled holdings of the Charr, down to the jungle and constructs of Silvary and Asura, a single sheet of tanned paper appeared.

32007421778_9124cb3b71_b.jpg

What is this about?

This would like to be a small news-like publication of player-made stuff as well of particular Anet events, like Wintersday; I plan and hope to avoid spoilers about the main story as much as possible, in particular regarding the latest Living Seasons episodes.

The relatively small format, on a page can fit two, at max three, "stories", should help in keeping it alive for more than a few weeks. If there is a lot of interest, I'm not against going into a weekly schedule. To keep it alive, however, I'd need your help, the help of you rpers and storytellers to make sure there is material to print about. Thus, submissions for the next edition are open~

Publication day: when I have enough material.

Is this IC or OOC?

The Tyria One-page News is IC, so the idea is that characters could find it in the big cities or where adventurers goes, read about it, rage about it and so on.

I, the creator, is OOC. I don't have, at the moment, a character that could fit the idea of "chief editor", maybe one day?

Why I do it?

For fun. I enjoy playing with graphic design and I found, during a past project, to enjoy playing with this kind of format and idea.

What are about these "stories"?

A "story" can be about an rp event that recently happened, as well as the news that something is going to happen. The IC host of a event could "buy" a page or part for "advertising" the upcoming event. Fan Fiction that could be know by the wider IC public is also accepted.

Poems, songs and reader's letters are also accepted.

Examples of the format idea can be seen here so no 300-pages poems will be accepted!

How to submit a story?

Send me a private message here with what you would like to see printed.

Keep in mind I won't be able to put everything so I'll choose the stories I like most and find more meaningful. Don't be mad!

Thank you for your interest, see you around~
NightDreamer
Posted Nov 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 9, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+17
I very much like the idea of your little newspaper and would be glad to help you out. Unfortunately, I could not distill from your post whether the "stories" you wish to publish would be about upcoming RP events, past RP events or just fan fiction stories from the universe. Some clarification on this could certainly be helpful.
Additionally, I would like to propose to you the idea of including poems, songs and perhaps reader's letters in your project.

I wish you all the best with this and hope to read some great stories here!
Posted Nov 15, 18
Pogs:
+31
Posted Nov 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 15, 18
Pogs:
+31
I very much like the idea of your little newspaper and would be glad to help you out. Unfortunately, I could not distill from your post whether the "stories" you wish to publish would be about upcoming RP events, past RP events or just fan fiction stories from the universe. Some clarification on this could certainly be helpful.
Additionally, I would like to propose to you the idea of including poems, songs and perhaps reader's letters in your project.

I wish you all the best with this and hope to read some great stories here!

First of all thank you for your interest! :d

So, this would like to be like a newspaper of our modern time: our newspapers shares pieces of what has happened, is happening and is going to happening right? Same with the Tyria One Page News. It can host a "story" about an rp event that recently happened, as well as the news that something is going to happen. Like in the real world, the IC host of a event could "buy" a page or part for "advertising" the upcoming event.

In my old project the material came from bits and pieces of rp or lore work that were worked into news; for example here where the "Origin Freestyle Cup" was a piece I wrote about my own lore tied to the Origin lore tied to the EVE lore, the "Silver String for Gateway" came from a past rp event and the YC 120 New Eden Contest was an upcoming IC writing contest. The same applies here, so if someone has a fan fiction that could get known by the wider IC public, I'm not against it.

Did I clarify your doubts? :)

Ohhh, about songs and poems and letters I didn't thought, that's a nice suggestions!

I'm updating the main post accordingly~
Posted Nov 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 15, 18
Pogs:
+232
Benefactor
Consider my characters subscribers. :thumb: :-d
Posted Nov 17, 18
Pogs:
+31
Thank you! :-)

On another note, next week should come out the first issue but there is still plenty of white place on the page ^^
Posted Nov 25, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+31
45330025965_6310e6fd33_b.jpg
Posted Dec 9, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 26, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+31
46234384142_4742e948f9_b.jpg
Posted Dec 12, 18 · OP
Pogs:
+31
5kpNa0B.jpg
Posted Dec 29, 18 · OP
Pog
List
Undo
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices