Recent Threads
Main Forum

Does being in an order count as a job?

3 replies
Pogs:
+1
I was curious. Would being in an order, such as the Priory or Vigil count as a job, in the sense of your character making a living? My character is an explorer for the Durmand Priory, who, for all my ten minutes of brainstorming, didn't have a good reason to become a merchant, soldier, etc. Would I have to rewrite it in some way?
Posted Nov 23, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 23, 18
Pogs:
+268
Depends on what they do as an explorer once everything has been explored, I guess?
4062276.jpg

Posted Nov 25, 18
Pogs:
+1,105
The way I see it they would definitely get some money but for the most part, everything that they need to survive is already provided by their order. The order offers food and shelter and in return, the members offer their services and whatever money they get is to update their equipment or some for their leisure time. So, in my eyes, they'd definitely get paid but perhaps not a huge amount considering most of their needs already seem to be covered by the order itself, even when they head off for expeditions or other duties.

And naturally, it also depends on the rank and actual job in the order. The higher in the rank someone is, the better their pay would be. A Vigil recruit won't be paid as much as a Warmaster, and the Priory's cook won't be paid as much as an explorer.

At least that's the way I personally see it.
Piken Square RPer!
Nezgar Bladefang | Syriak Scalemane | Ardek Embertail | Njord Ogmundrson | Askold Hjovarson | Qaspiel Zaazenach | Seth Lockhart | Erik Hughes | Carwyn Duskborn | Clionadh Nightborn | Tiarnach Dawnborn | Iorwerth Nightborn | Fearghal Noonborn | Technomancer Ghiall | Biochemist Slyenn | Magisaboteur Rhigg | Ichomancer Qhorazz
Posted Nov 25, 18 · Last edited Nov 25, 18
Pogs:
+1
That makes more sense now. Thank you!
Posted Nov 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 25, 18
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices