No users online.
Recent Threads
Main Forum

Which server to go to for RP? Should I transfer to the US servers?

4 replies
Pogs:
+3
Hello all,

I'm looking to just meet new people and the like over RP. Sadly, however, the EU-side of RP seems to be a bit quiet, especially if you aren't in an IC guild (I'm in Wandering Roleplayers, though). I cannot really dedicate the time to be present to many events and I cannot seem to find a guild that would match my character anyway, so the chances of me finding RP is slim. Divinity's Reach is not what it once was. So I was wondering, am I better off transferring to the US servers? Is my likelihood of finding RP larger there? How many people from the EU play on that server? Timezones and all. And please don't say "create your own events", as I'm not really in any position to do that and I'm not a great DM in terms of setting up something large. I also don't have that much time.

Thanks for any answers!
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 29, 18
Pogs:
+4,045
If you cannot dedicate the time to be present to many events, you'll have reduced RP opportunities, no matter which server you're on.
Piken Square
Aelius Brightmane | Cailean Angelonia | Evi Velvetpaw | Growl Bladeskin | Kristopher Lockhart | Demolitionist Lhymm | Maelon Amaryllis | Inquisitor Moltenclaw | Bioenhancer Mukhin | Mikael Shineblood | Ichomancer Zhuliss | Sceledrus Irontail | Sulyenn Nightborn | Tilaw Stainsoul | Chronoanalyst Vekk | Vethorn Ulfkelson | Zehim El Khouri
Posted Nov 29, 18
Pog
List
Undo
Pogs:
+3
wrote:
If you cannot dedicate the time to be present to many events, you'll have reduced RP opportunities, no matter which server you're on.

What I meant was that my schedule is irregular. I cannot join a guild and confidently say "I will be there every saturday!". The times I looked around in what I believe was the hub for EU(Divinity's Reach), there was fairly little (or nothing, rather) going on.
Posted Nov 29, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 29, 18
Pogs:
+282
Most random rp is most likely in Hoelbrak or Amnoon. There is an event in Lion's Arch today if you have a shady character. Otherwise I think it is either asking in wandering roleplayers to get into the right shard if people are rping, or join a themed guild that does regular events.
gembannerax.png
Posted Nov 29, 18
Pogs:
+8
Yeah, your best bet is to find a guild no matter which superserver you are on. Though in my experience in the NA shards there were more probabilities of running into random RP there. But keep in mind it wasn't that much of a difference.
32o4Tjx.png
Kairos | Naxalas | Ghorlick | Ildur | Ruphia | Rhion | Ulanan | Nyx
Posted Dec 3, 18 · Last edited Dec 3, 18
Guild Wars 2 copyright:
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
NoticeNotices